Let's Remove modding from CR progression, all together now!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Charlie Fantom, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

People should still have to work for Exos but it shouldn't be a requirement, it should be optional. Exos should be put into GW and the new Alternate Meteopolis because I see many people spending time in there now and I always see people roaming around in GW. Sons of Trigon is by far my most favorite DLC just because of Gotham Wastelands. I absolutely love it. I would love to have more reasons to stick around in there. The drop rate for two should be slightly higher because it's mainly T5. With T6 approaching, I wouldn't want an inflation on Exos.
    • Like x 3
  2. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I like Spytle's suggestion of mods in the vendors for those who only want to utilize mods for CR progression. However, personally, I use mods for the stats I receive from them, not just for a CR bump, so I always go for the highest mods possible in any gear I equip.
  3. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

def slowed down my army as they had the gear but not mods to get to the 86 pieces...got 11 past it now tho ;)
  4. SuperiorMouse New Player

i realize it is sort of far fetched to remove modding ... but when i first heard about the PVP seasons that was the first thing i thought of. why not just remove modding from PVP gear? i can't imagine modding being very popular after the first initial couple seasons. people will be over it pretty fast... am i crazy thinking that?
    • Like x 1
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

Can R&D be revisited so bit farming (yes, we should still be expected to farm) is based on fighting mobs rather than search and collect? In lieu of RD Scanners, I'd be willing to buy Exobit Drop Boosters that increased bit drop rates from NPCs. I'd be fine even if that only meant NPCs from challenges or duos. I'll grind that out all day. It's just the search and collect stuff that gets old. Another idea is the option to upgrade a mod by paying the bit difference instead of needing to fully remod. Those are some constructive suggestions I wish to share for your consideration.
    • Like x 1
  6. Neph Dedicated Player

what if you made a mod for bits? where you would use all the trash parts you pick up and some plans to make a mod that you can apply to an exobyte or exobit for a random chance to produce more; or introduce the black exobyte where it can be used in all mod plans to boost the stats and apply the affinity...

patent pending...
  7. Solutha New Player

Most players in T5 use them for stats. There is that occasion where you get 2-3 pieces of new gear all of a sudden and don't have the bits to mod all of them right away. It would be nice to just go to a vendor buy a T1-T3 mod and pop it in until you get the required bits you need. You can do this with the broker now or throw in a beta mod but it will be 100 times cheaper to get off a vendor.
  8. Charlie Fantom New Player

Sounds like an end to farming bits?
  9. Couzintony New Player

Only to a point... I'll use the single colored mods for my unmodded dps gear n farm for the duel colored mods I would still need...
  10. Charlie Fantom New Player

I see now. Any change is welcome. Still want to see more excep recovery kits drop also.
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Well played sir..well played.