Less Marks of Valor at 83?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Larfleeze, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Larfleeze New Player

I burned through ~200 replays the past week grinding one of my guys up to T4 for pvp, and I finally got to where I can buy the t4 gear.

On a typical full lock win you get the Weekly win box, the daily win reward and the daily particpation reward.
    At 82 it was 50 in the weekly, 5 for the daily win and 5 for the daily participation, but 100% of the time I opened the weekly reward box there would be another reward crate in there which would have 25 marks.

At 83 it's 50 in the weekly box, 10 for the daily, 10 for the other daily, and of the 9 times I've won with a reset only once gave me the additional crate reward and in that was a stack of 10.

Uhhhh, what? Why am I getting LESS marks from reward boxes when I need the most marks I've ever needed? That makes no sense.
  2. Spidersting Committed Player

It gives you less marks because you have a chance to get other gear out of those extra boxes. If you happen to get a weapon you save yourself 500 marks.
  3. Larfleeze New Player

The same can be said about the lower tiers though, so this is a moot point. There's no reason the rate of marks should be LOWER when you need significantly higher amounts of marks to get the items. Especially since from Cash gear to 83 the reward system grew larger and larger every tier.
    • Like x 2
  4. Spidersting Committed Player

I think somewhere a dev had said you have a higher chance at getting gear out of boxes at the top end CR but i could be wrong.
  5. Larfleeze New Player

Could be, but by the time I've finally gotten the DPS attuned weapon(s) I want or piece of gear I'll have gone through 10 times as many controller weapons or hand blasters and dual pistols. Or auxiliary pieces like rings and necklaces. Gotta love getting a third dps ring the match after you bought the second.

I was expecting 50x MoW in the second reward box, not 10.
  6. Spidersting Committed Player

Yea i wish we had a way to turn in the items we get in the boxes that we don't want and exchange them for marks or an equal piece that cost the same or less. Or at least let us break them down for parts for R&D.