[Legends PvP] Tier List

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

- Mepps

To answer your question a bit more thoroughly Mepps, and taking into account that someone hasn't updated his tier list in awhile :p, I've come up with one of my own, with the help of Brice and Absolix.

Legends Tier List
    Version: Game Update 57 (3/16)

Like most games with unique playable characters, some are designed better than others. Your experience, nor mine, is the only experience. This is purely my own opinion based on what I’ve seen and tested, factoring in these last few months of PvP changes.

Notes:
    -This is under the assumption that Legends will be used in a competitive 2v2 setting.
    -Weapon combos have been nerfed, but powers have not. This means that Legends who can do a lot more damage from their powers, such as Atrocitus, have an edge over Legends that rely on basic combo clipping, such as Nightwing.
    -Weapons’ single target combo options are a factor, but not as significant as the following

-Main Factors
    -Burst damage: How much damage can be fit into one counter, usually a block breaker
    -Ability (Safe) damage: How much damage can powers do to opponents
    -Power consumption: Is the damage of a Legend’s power(s) worth the cost
    -Survivability: What enhances a Legends ability to live for as long as possible

Tiers

-Broken - Has a power set that literally breaks matches and can greatly make up for a player’s lack of skill
    -Overpowered - Has a power set that is not completely unbeatable, but still too strong
    -Above Average - Has a great power set and can is very good in an advanced player's’ hands
    -Balanced - Average. Typically low damage and very simple to use (with a few exceptions). May be strong in one area, but weak in another to balance it out.

-Below Average - Lacking in at least one area that puts them behind even the most balanced Legends
    -Worst - Lacking in multiple areas.. Should not use in a competitive setting unless you are Clutchmeister or The Venganzas. :p

-Bugged - Has an issue that is very detrimental to using this Legend, should be fixed ASAP.

• Like x 3
  2. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

List

Broken
    Black Adam - High damaging supercharge with 10,000 shield absorption while still being able to attack for a short time; Breakout ability which also mitigates incoming damage for 3 seconds.
    Shazam - Very high damaging supercharge with 10,000 shield absorption while still being able to attack for a short time; Breakout ability which also mitigates incoming damage for 3 seconds.
    Two Face - Harvey Domination gives him a very high damaging ability that is completely safe, but for a limited time

Overpowered
    Bane - Supercharge gives him access to an unblockable combo and greatly buffs health and weapon damage
    Bizarro - Very high survivability; Too high
    Catwoman - Very high burst damage at full potential, high ability damage, albeit unsafe. High Learning Curve
    Lex Luthor - Low survivability, but high burst and ability damage (DoT)

Above Average
    Circe - Strong overall damage, high survivability (breakout included), power hungry
    Felix Faust - Strong ability damage, high survivability
    Sinestro - High ability damage, low survivability
    Supergirl - High burst damage, low survivability
    Wonder Woman - Very strong burst and ability damage

Balanced
    Amon Sur - A lot of safe power damage and several clipping options, but low survivability to match.
    Atrocitus - Strong ability damage, survivability is dramatically boosted with Supercharge, but its harder to get in Inner Sanctum and Ace Chemicals, as there are fewer health barrels to boost SC with.
    Batman - High health, low survivability; Power efficiency makes it easy to spam with, but low burst damage.
    Cheetah - High Survivability, 45% weapon and ability damage increase with Berserker, High Learning Curve
    Doctor Fate - High survivability, can even increase the survivability of teammates.
    Donna Troy - Strong burst damage, high survivability
    Deathstroke - Strong burst damage, but power hungry and weapon is very vulnerable to screen blocking, High Learning Curve
    General Zod - High health, low survivability; Power efficient and several clipping options, but low burst damage and can’t jump cancel his block breaker
    Huntress - Power efficient, but low overall damage, do not use Dual Pistols (2nd worst PvP weapon)
    John Stewart - High ability damage and above average survivability, but lowest HP and very few clipping options
    Joker - Low overall damage, Clown box and Pets increase survivability, weapon is very vulnerable to screen blocking, use with caution
    Kyle Rayner - Wide range of abilities with unique purposes
    Nightwing - Power efficient and several clipping options, but weapon is very vulnerable to screen blocking, use with caution
    Robin - High burst damage, power efficient, but very few clipping options
    Ursa - Batman with a DoT, but 10% less health and can’t jump cancel her block breaker
    Wonder Girl - Strong burst and ability damage

Below Average
    Arkillo - Wide range of offensive, low cost powers, but few safe clipping options can make his already low burst damage unsafe
    Green Arrow - Low ability combo damage that is unsafe even with clipping; Power hungry
    Guy Gardner - Two Handed is the only thing limiting this legend from being Balanced. Worst weapon in PvP
    Harley Quinn - Two Handed is the only thing limiting this legend from being Balanced. Worst weapon in PvP
    Kilowog - Wide range of offensive, low cost powers, but few safe clipping options can make his already low burst damage unsafe

Worst
    Power Girl - Power hungry, low overall damage, low survivability; can’t jump cancel her block breaker
    Saint Walker - Power hungry, low overall damage, low survivability (lowest HP)
    Steel - Power hungry, low overall damage, low survivability (lowest HP)
    Superman - Power hungry, low overall damage, low survivability; can’t jump cancel his block breaker

Bugged
    Flash - bugged block breaker, would be mid tier otherwise
    Hal Jordan - bugged block breaker, would be mid tier otherwise

I'm hoping some people will learn from this, and I hope this list will be looked at when Legends PvP eventually gets it's turn for fixes. A lot of Legends don't require too much help.
    • Like x 3
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

From a simple perspective of how many are in each tier:

Broken: 3
    Overpowered: 4
    Above Average: 5
    Balanced: 16
    Below Average: 5
    Worst: 4
    Bugged: 2

Balanced clearly has the largest gathering, and the weapons updates are definitely part of the reason. Above Average is simply because of the power sets that make the Legends that good. That being said, 7 are overpowered or broken, 2 are bugged, and 11 are below average or worse and need some modifications to hit the sweet spot. so 21 good to 20 bad. About 50/50.

Huh. Not bad, but we can do better.
    • Like x 3
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

If after they are done adjusting weapons for PvP they adjust health and ability damage to match, similar to GU 47 but in reverse, then some legends could potentially move.

This would mostly be legends with strong ability damage like Sinestro and Supergirl as their counter punishment usually consistent entirely of powers. So if indeed something like that happens, some legends might not need as much of a change to balance or any changes at all for some.
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

There are some things, such as bugs, and weapon issues, and Supercharge nerfs that would be beneficial to balancing regardless of a GU47 reversal. And to be honest, I do like the health buffs. Retracting what I said in my tourney thread.
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

Yeah, most characters wouldn't be affected too much it would only maybe affect legends like Supergirl and Sinestro, or potentially how much of a health nerf Catwoman would need. Other than maybe those, there is not too many that would need different changes after such a change, if it indeed happens
  7. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Well there are a lot of bugs that need fixing and Supercharges that need nerfing (or buffing) and power costs that could use reducing.
    • Like x 1
  8. Absolix Loyal Player

I'm not saying such a change should happen or should be the top priority, but if they follow the same pattern they showed in GU 47 then something similar would be done with ability damage and health.
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Nifty.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this!
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Flash is both bugged and broken at the same time.

Flash‘s blockbreaker is still hitting hard (500+ per hit) per my last few encounters. Thus, since his blockbreaker can be chained up, his best combo after a counter is simply hitting blockbreaker continuously. Its a little disconcerting some times if someone is using the blockbreaker and Quick Dash power intermittently, cos the animation is quite similar. Obviously, the blockbreaker has the vulnerability icon, but in between a mass of bodies, then its more difficult to discern.

The damage from his blockbreak needs to be reduced and his blockbreaker chaining needs to be disabled. If blockbreaker chaining is kept to make Flash unique, then his blockbreaking damage has to be reduced to below the norm.

Going up against a player solely using the blockbreaker chain attack is easy. But if the opposing team has two Flashes, blocking then becomes dangerous. In Legends PvP pugs, a lot of inexperienced players have a difficult time dealing with Flash. When one pugs heavily, it can be quite common facing 2v1 or 3v1 situations alone because your teammates keep getting killed off cos they can’t handle Flash.
  11. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

LOL! I messed up on the math there. I factored in the two bugged Legends twice! Derp.

So technically it's 21 to 18. But even so, still about 50/50.
  12. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I know all about the bugged block breaker, in fact others and I have repeatedly posted about it, but putting him on the same level as Black Adam, Two Face, and Shazam is a bit of an overstatement imo, hence why I separated them. I still have to factor in his power set, which would make him mid tier at best.

Also remember at the beginning I said I was comparing Legends' performance in a competitive 2v2 setting. Not pugged 1v1s or 2s. Pugs are unreliable for the most part as they aren't consistent.
  13. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Why isn't Black Adam Martial Arts? o_O

Start at 2:15
  14. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I hope not lol. I like the current state. Even with high health legends being artificially buffed. After all, so did legends whose damage revolves around their powers.

They just need to iron out a long list of kinks with some of the weaker legends.
  15. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

No problem.
  16. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

17. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

That being said, I think at this point, people who use it are using an exploit and should be reported.
  18. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I noticed I did not put Arkham Joker on this list. Difference being they have two different loadouts.

I'm going to put him at Below average. His Supercharge is useless since it's vulnerable to block, and since it replaced his confetti bomb, he only has 2 clipping options.

I don't think he's on the same level as the original Joker. A buff to his SC would make him worthwhile though.
  19. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Thanks for the bump at least. :p
  20. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Well it looks like they plan to adjust weapons based on midrange as well. If this affects PvP, the whole balance will shift again.

Ahhhh tier lists. They're never permanent.