Leg style design fix

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ShadyShady, Mar 6, 2021.

1. ShadyShady New Player

Dear DCUO designer and creator team,

I kindly ask of you to fix the design issue with a leg style on the new human skin (leg style: "sheer net") so people can enjoy their Canary outfits either way. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/Plq8QWI
    • Like x 3
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like x 1
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Unfortunately they dont go back and fix old styles. The week that the tunic of greed came out all them years ago sj told me here on the forums that shed get the emblem slot fixed. Recently in 2020 i had a green tell me that they will not go back and fix the style.. i see so many players wearing it, its sad that itll never get fixed.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jaelia Committed Player

Yes finally please fix it sheer net looks terrible on my female gives a golden net and a black leg that’s not even sheer it’s bugged terribly !!!!! :(
    • Like x 1
  5. Jaelia Committed Player

It’s bugged doesn’t need fixing it’s completely bugged on female toons. I saw a male with it on the other day and his was completely sheer!
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They don’t fix style bugs.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's only bugged for the new HD skins.
    • Like x 1
  8. ShadyShady New Player

Style bugs will always exist but they don't really show any initiative to fix them and that's just lazy. What they forget is, DCUO is probably a 70% skin based MMORPG where everyone wants to show off or just enjoy their own designs, this is what baffles me the most that they wouldn't fix such a (simple?) problem. It's always nice to see people who show their creativity through their outfits. As I said in the other thread, at least they should create a completely new one for the new skin model.

Done

That's true but that's exactly the problem. The new HD skins actually look much better, imo, than the old ones (not just the face complexion but the whole body silhouette and skin) that's what makes this bug even worse, because you can't use that.
  9. Megzilla Developer

If the sheer net bug fix was simple, it would have already been done. There are many technical obstacles to overcome for something like the fishnets to work with the new skin shader. It is on our to-do list.

The "lazy" comments are always cute though. :)
    • Like x 11
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I feel like every time someone uses the word "lazy" you should push fixing it farther down the list.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve got a whole list of styles bugs that may or may not be easier to fix if you really want to make him eat his words? ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Ekart Committed Player

A lot of styles have problems on different body sizes. And they are so from release.

False God waist for example. It clips through everything since the style was released.
    Or Con Job hair on Spry small body size. When you're in Super Speed mode it creates a strange bald spot.

And don't get me started on the Tunic of Greed. From emblem position (overall) to the emblem distortion (again spry small body size).

These are some examples, that irk me and my OCD the most, because I love this styles. And I know we have a lot of body/movement mode combinations, but before release we can expect stuff is tested out.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Back before they started releasing more hairstyles and the HD skins, people were begging the Devs for more skins and hairstyles. They were told that a lot of the styles had issues including but not limited to clipping. Because of that they were loathe to release any of those items so as to not disappoint players and raise their ire. The forum responses were to "release them anyway", since some with issues was better than none. So that brings us up to where we are.
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But I thought that was in the context of styles clipping with each other. There really shouldn’t be clipping with the base character mesh.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It was in the context of all cosmetic additions that we were lacking at the time. If you've paid attention, there's been a decent uptick in their hairstyles, and some experimentation with certain gear pieces (Nabu's Chosen Cape for example). It's all related and relevant. Again, would you rather NOTHING until they get it 100% or some things even if there are some issues? Me, i'll take what I can get and keep the whinging to myself unless it actually interferes with actual gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Its just crazy to me that back in what 2017? Maybe even earlier when the tunic of greed came out i had a post about the emblem slot up that same week, a dev told me it would get fixed in the next patch, im pretty sure they were the highest dev at the time..

Over the years countless mentions of this amazing style have popped up.finally In 2020 i was told you guys wont fix old styles... buttt this bug was reported 6 years ago when the style came out, when it was the current dlc. You cant say that its not a popular style, i could make a post about the tunic right now and get 20 likes... actually i did in 2020 and it got shut down

Meg, i also think that you once gave me a comment that the style would get fixed. Not 100% sure but one of the styles people and the lead story designer told me itd get fixed. What happened with that?
  17. Megzilla Developer

Which style did I comment on?
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Witching Hour 2020 Wishlist

This is when in 2020 you told me that it wont get fixed. But i had previous thread back in 2016 ish in which a story dev said it would get fixed, that thread still exist.

But what i am unable to find is the thread from 2015 when amazon furry was about to drop and there hadnt been a fix so people were complaining. Its in that thread that a dev actually said “ itll be out in the next patch” but When you search that thread it doesnt come up i think thats because the thread got shut down, or possibly the title isnt related to the tunic. More likely it got shut down because I remember getting sent on vacation over this style. Its been a long fight
  20. Megzilla Developer

Oh, yeah. I still stand by what I said last year. If we ever get the opportunity to refresh the tunic of greed, that is definitely a fix we will keep an eye out for. I am sorry this has been so frustrating.