Ledger vs Phoenix ( whose the better Joker)

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by GalaxySniper, Oct 7, 2019.

1. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I just want to say Jack Nicholson joker is King. DC anime joke and the movie face off was influenced by his role as the joker.

But hands down Phoenix beats Ledger by a land slide
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

According to DListed...

Biggest Imax October Opening

Biggest Worldwide Launch of All Time for October

Career-Best for Todd Phillips

Career-Best for Joaquin Phoenix

Career-Best for Robert De Niro

Fourth-Best Weekend Opening for an R-Rated Pic in the U.S.

Warner Bros.’ Biggest Domestic Opening in Two Years
  3. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I seen them all and the best acting and villian imo is Heath Ledger. The ratings prove it, the dark knight was a box office hit and Ledger took the audiance hands down. Just read about the ratings, but remember this only my opinion. oh, Spoiler alert
    the phoenix version shows the joker as weak
  5. Ichiro Loyal Player

haven't seen the new the new joker movie yet. so until then i'm going to go with Ledger.
    • Like x 2
  6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Ledger
    • Like x 1
  7. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I don't focus on ratings. I focus who portrayed who better. Me personally Ledger is overrated. I know a lot of comic book readers say the same. He doesn't fit the Joker persona but I feel ppl who don't read DC feels he is the best. Phoenix persona was literally Dark Knight and the killing joke persona
  8. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Not really, What I am talking about is the acting abilities as well as how He portrayed who the joker really is. I have seen all the people who played the joker from Cesear, Mark, Jack, Heath and this Phoenix. The pheonix character portrayed the joker as the weakest of them all. I am mean weakness vs strength
  9. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

But Ledger is the worst joker cause that not how you portray Joker. The one who did it the best was Jack cause he embodied the full persona of the Joker. Not bits and pieces.
    Cartoons, anime really did copy Jack Joker it's Iconic.

I always viewed joker weak. He just was good at getting under ppl skin. Joker is not the smartest not the strongest but very cunning. Out of all of the Justice league enemies he is one of the weakest.

Ledger was his own joker, he really didn't portray any Joker that I know of. If you can give me a comic book of a joker he betrays I read it, or anime I watch it.

I think ledger gets a pass cause its batman. Ledger took over the movie cause that movie wasn't really good.

Joker is literally one of the best DC movie and I'm not even a batman fan.
    He had so much depth. I can't say too much cause I don't want to spoil things, but the movie make sense to why Joker acts the way he does.
    They gave him a purpose to why he acts that why instead of he is what he is if that make sense
  10. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I believe that there are 3 jokers in the comic books, Jack portrayed one, Ledger one and pheonix yet another.
  11. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I have to read that story line. But majority of Joker comics is Jack. Injustice Joker is Jack. Ledger Joker is soooo out of Character. I have heard about 3 Jokers in DC rebirth . The 3 jokers may or may not be in continuity.

As a anime and comic lover I judge actors based on character history, and ledger isn't it. Ledger played 1 part of joker and not all aspect. Since Phoenix Joker is a different universe I see more realism in his portrayal of Joker to be honest. I see Phoenix beat Ledger in realism and partial as Joker.

But if we take comic book history out of it and base it as performance, I can see why ppl like Ledger, but I still give the win to Phoenix.