Leauge or Group to move forward with.

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Ghsttherenegade, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Ghsttherenegade New Player

I play PvE and I am looking for a few friends to go do missions with and level with. It is so pointless at times to use the chat box for help when I get nothing most of the time. So I will post here in hopes that I get somewhere with like minded or people in the same situation.

I am level 13 and at this moment stuck at Jokers Fun house because I am getting over run by ops in the third area of the fun house. If you are interested in teaming up and helping me and me help you i am always up for it.

Thank you

-Ghst
  2. Syrie New Player

If you are truly having trouble with your novice missions, I wont mind helping you out. Only rule of the league is, we in most cases wont help you get to your boss battle, but we will help once you get there. I understand for some people it can be hard to complete the boss battles alone depending on what role you picked (They are all extremely easy as a healer). Any way Im on PS3, character name is Syrie look us up fallen Valkyrie
  3. Ghsttherenegade New Player

I will look you up now. Thank you
  4. Ghsttherenegade New Player

I added you but i did not find your Leauge. With me being free I suppose I am not allowed to join I guess.
  5. Delta795 New Player

Hit me up...I've got no problem helping you as long as I'm not doing a league run. Besides it's fun to smash thru the pre 30 missions!
    I'm usually on only afte 9pm CST

name's the same and in the sig
  6. Syrie New Player

I
    ll be on Sunday at 10pm eastern, Im on vacation right now actually. And you know Im on PS3 USA SERVER right?
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Rather than asking for help on the pre level 30 missions, I'd recommend you ask for strategy advice or wait to gear up some more. Having someone carry you through doesn't help you learn the game, nor is it particularly fun. What specifically are you having trouble with?
    • Like x 1
  8. Ghsttherenegade New Player

Before I address everyone else I will correct you first. Where in the hell am I asking for someone to carry me? So two people of level thirty said they would help is that my issue if they did. I am clearly seeing you just skimmed my message instead of seeing my biggest issue. I had hope for people my level to team up with me but as you now see that is not happening. Now do you know why? I believe it is more that most people avoid forums in relation of games because of the ego's that seem to stalk them like yourself. I had hoped for a small group of people my level to team and we level and have fun together but I am clearly sure that some or most of the new people have no idea what they are doing or how to communicate.

I appreciate your recommendation but I would ask that you re-read my original post and look at your post to see how this comes off to me. Having you come off so damn arrogant and uppity over me looking for help and people far above my level reply but clearly made the point of saying not helping me with the boss and so on wasn't to your liking.
  9. Ghsttherenegade New Player

Will do. You are three ahead of me. I will meet you when you are on next :-D

Yes, I kinda figured that.I had no idea you where on vacation so yes when you are back I will look you up than. You are four hours ahead of me. Btw See what I did there. ;-P
  10. Ghsttherenegade New Player

You are a hero so we cannot work together. I could not even message you.
  11. Ghsttherenegade New Player

Also would anyone want to link up today. Going through these missions alone are boring/
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Wow. Overreact much? Fact is that the pre level 30 missions are supposed to be run solo. You can run them as a team, but it makes them much simpler, even with equal level toons. Whether you intend it or not, that means you'll be carried through the content. My point was that, since you clearly stated that you're new to the game, I think it would be better for you to do them on your own. You'll learn more about the game and how to optimally play your power set. Once you compete them, it's perfectly reasonable to group up for feats and such, but I'd try to level to 30 solo. I would recommend that to any new player. Did it that way myself. Feel free to do whatever you want, though.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ghsttherenegade New Player

My question to you is than why is this a mmo? So D/C whole point was for people to socialize after they reach level 30? Its been clear that leveling is more on the solo side but does that mean really mean if you team up with someone around your level you won't learn the game? I kinda have to disagree with you there. Do you know how long it has taken me to even meet people? I would like to have the social aspect as well but if being free is such a hassle why would I spend my hard earn money for legendary? DO you see my point?
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

I can totally appreciate your desire for social interaction, given that this is an MMO. That's one of my favorite parts of DCUO! However, you can actually level to 30 very, very quickly, and along the way there are alerts you can run with three others. In alerts, you can have four and still be challenged and start to learn the role-specific aspects. Once you're at 30, the real social interaction begins. Your powerset is fully unlocked. You can run duos and raids, in addition to the alerts . I honestly didn't even start looking for a league until then. I think that's why DCUO made leveling so fast. The game really opens up at level 30. That's when I went Legendary.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ghsttherenegade New Player

It still takes away from the game. I do not understand a 30 level limit. Maybe 100 but I guess to each their own.Also I haven't seen a good enough reason for the legendary, for all this games offer I still would rather stick to free. I still cannot help but feel like it (somewhere in you) angers you that I asked for help?
  16. Syrie New Player

Oh im a hero as well...
  17. Ghsttherenegade New Player

Its cool, thank you to everyone who offered to help.
  18. Black House New Player

Wow, when you are given advice by someone who clearly has no ill intent it behoves you to listen to that advice, the road to 30 teaches you so much if you are prepared to put in the effort, yes its good to be social but you will grow to dispise the players in this game if you have not put in the effort to be fully aware of your role, your power set and your play style. We can be very unforgiving of players who know nothing and think that is enough (yes I realise this is fault in the community).

Heres a little help for Funhouse, don't rush in, use positioning to isolate a few adds and pick them off, use the consoles these will take care of the larger mobs and use range whereever possible, at the Harley fight aggro her down the stairs to the respawning barrels.
    I hope this helps.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm guessing you aren't new to MMOs, but correct me, if I'm wrong. That said, DCUO is not like other MMOs. Don't get hung up on the levels. They're there for you to learn the game and story lines, as well as unlock your 15 power points. After that, the game opens up significantly, and advancement is based on skill points, which enhance your toon's abilities and are obtained through feats, and combat rating, which unlocks content and is obtained by gear progression. It's not like other MMOs, where you are grinding dozens of levels. That may not appeal to you, and that's something you'll have to figure out. Oh, and I'm not the one who was mad. I'm just trying to give advice. Coming from other MMOs, it took me a while to change my mindset. Now, DCUO is really the only one I play. ;-)
  20. Ghsttherenegade New Player

Well. I joined PvE and all day Sunday I couldn't do a damn thing but get attacked by the Hero's egos. No seriously they jumped me doing my missions and when I started PvE I would not get attacked. Now I am getting attacked. Tell me you don't need a league for protection?