League Recruitment idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ImThEDCWiki, Jul 6, 2017.

1. ImThEDCWiki New Player

So I posted on the discord feed about an idea I had on league recruitment and I wanted to elaborate on that. I think the game should have a league recruitment tab in the pause menu and here is what I think they could do to make it work . I've seen lots of jobs post on websites where they list the position available in the requirements for the position I think they should make it to where leagues could post their information and post what they have for requirements, so that members without legs or looking for a new league can go on their click on the league and be able to see what requirements and things this league has that they may want. And there should be a section to where players can post their information like stats skill points and combat rating and post what they want in a league for leagues to be able to look at the individual players and be able to see what is available . This can be done through servers and whoever is in your area can be able to see your league and the players and what they are looking for. For example if you're in the watch Tower in the US PS server then anyone in that server and in the watchtower can view your league information and decide whether or not they want to join it. I would like anyone and everyone that has criticisms or ideas associated with this to post on this thread so that the Devs will also see this and decide whether they like this idea or not. Thank you for reading
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

ppl can already do this with wavedox and dcuolive

These sites tell ppl who is in a league, those ppls SP', CR, power, hell u can click on someone and see mods gear, and was even able to see missing feats at 1 point.
    • Like x 1
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Imo you should only be able to check a persons league or character out in game if you're friends otherwise you should be inconvenienced and have to use the sites I mentioned.
  4. ImThEDCWiki New Player

League recruitment shouldn't be based on random meetups is what im saying. Yes the internet is full of information you can use to recruit people but my league doesnt have sp or cr requirements we just want to improve those that need help in game with whatever they meed. That in no way is going to be found on wavedox or the dcuo census. Your comment was neither helpful nor idealogical for this topic. My idea was for players that are looking for a league to post themselves and any information they want to provide to help leagues better decide if they want that person in their league. It also gets the names of leagues trying to build members so they can earn prestige and get banks and proficiencies. Now do you gave an idea that would help league and players find each other in a better way than just random luck?
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so what your asking for is more of a recruiting section in-game for leagues?

so say Im trying to get in a league called Bad Habits (idk if its a league or not) I'd post it in a topic or some form so the owner of said league could see it? Possibly be in the form of a PM even.

Which if its in the form of PM I go back to what I said before, it can be done already.

But if its like the other thing with making a form post like this here. But in-game. That would be interesting and require alot of resource's they aren't willing to use just to expand leagues sadly.

Hopefully down the road when its next gen consoles only and the game can shine we'll be able to get things much like you're suggesting. Well to some extent.
  6. ImThEDCWiki New Player

Anyone else have any ideas on what the devs could do to improve league recruitment and sponsorship of players and leagues?
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

So you're basically wanting a copy of the league recruitment section of the forums in-game?
  8. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

And that is why I need to create leagues for my alts once they cross the 200SP mark, no matter at what CR.

Seriously, league invites need to go from the game. Completely. Recruitment page, people can browse for a league that fits their need and apply, and league leaders/officers can then decide to accept that player/toon to their league or not. No longer the other way round, stop the spamming. Oh, yeah, the spamming: players are limited to apply to max 3 leagues per day. We want the spamming to stop, not to change sides. While I have to agree, the leaders of those spam leagues do deserve a large sip out of that bottle :D
    • Like x 2
  9. ImThEDCWiki New Player

In a way yes but i want it to be a recruitment solution that doesn't require us to to have to go through all the forums and stat websites just find players we're interested in
  10. Gimpy Loyal Player

Which is done by meeting them in-game while running content together and you get an indication of personality, skill at the power, skill at farming immunities, skills with knowledge,,,,,,,,

every individual currently submits an "application" right before the "interview" and everyone enjoys themselves or not.

Why make it harder than that?
  11. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I agree with some of the posters above. It needs to be the other way around if anything. If there is some massive database of players needing a league there will be tons of desperate leaders spamming everyone out there with invites. Not because they want to help, but simply because they want someone who is clueless to grind prestige for them.

Back to the topic though. I hate to mention GTA again but they do have a pretty nice system with their "crews". Ultimately I get what you are saying, but in reality that goes back to my initial feelings that instead of constantly blowing time/resources rewiring powers/etc that they should be updating the tutorial/mentor system in the game. I know that a lot of players don't last long term because the game is so poorly laid out/explained. Sadly for now the leagues and players are the only true option out there in-game. The forums are a nice resource when the right people answer, but not everyone is going to go out of their way to find something that should be in the game.

It would be nice if DB just stole the Rockstar Games platform. An app/website where leagues had their own page. On GTA you get your own logo, color, motto, and page on the social club. Through the club page you can communicate on a "wall". Essentially it is a Facebook but for members of the crew. A lot of crews list their requirements as their "motto" and on the Social Club page they also have like a "status" where people do this as well. The app version could also have a character/league lookup, feats menu, CR calculator, and stuff like that just to make it more of a one stop shop. It would be nice to see, but I have my doubts on it.

I think as far as leagues go the real issue lies more so in the lack of amenities that make the league hall virtually useless. We need to be able to have the broker, respec station, regular bank, and all the features the HQ offers. The easiest and most simple solution would be if players could access the same terminal a league leader uses when buying a league hall. If they are unable/choose not to create a league they could then maybe filter results. So league leaders would have some options to check off like "CR Requirement Y/N. SP requirement. etc. etc" and then the game could detect common info such as do they have "League hall, amenities, buffs etc" This way players could see what they are signing up for. This way they aren't just prestige slaves for someone who cares nothing about them. They could probably even include the number of members and other things very similar to the GTA method. On there you can see how old the league is, how many members it has, how many are online, and where they rank worldwide. All of this information is actually available right there in the invitation.

Just throwing ideas out there and trying to stay positive.
    • Like x 1
  12. ImThEDCWiki New Player

Actually that is a lot better of an idea i am just thinking what could be put in game to help leagues wanting to build and players who need help n dont havr access to wavedox or dc census find leagues willing n able to help. I wish there was a sure fire way a dev could see this and build on an idea like this. There are many things we could have in dc that would benefit all of us