League prestige

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tank 4 life, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Tank 4 life New Player

I was wondering can someone tell me what the weekly and max monthly a league can earn ?
  2. jimbobblue New Player

Howdy
    • Weekly Soft Cap (where diminishing returns kick in) - 62,500
    • Weekly Hard Cap - 81,250
    • Total Storage Cap - 400,000
    always merry and bright - jimbobblue
    • Like x 4
  3. Coffee Iced cream Level 30

Should also add that once that cap is hit (excluding the storage cap) you will see diminishing returns.
    What this means is when you go to turn in that piece of armor for 145 prestige you will see something like 24 (145) meaning you will only get 24 prestige out of the possible 145 if you turn it in now. So either wait to turn it in or salvage it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

Never understood why there is a cap that can be hit by 8 really active members in 2 days.
  5. myandria Item Storage

Whoa...

I did not realize there is a cap for Prestige.

In my opinion, if there must be a Prestige cap it should be the same as in game cash. It seems like a penalty to have and maintain a league base with the current caps. What if a league has 10 very active members? You would cap out every day and lose all that prestige because of your members' positive activity.

If the devs feel that the cap needs to stay as it is, then I suggest that they create a free escrow account for leagues. For example, if a league reaches the cap, then any other prestige that is donated to the league would go into the escrow account and that cap would be the same as in game cash. When the league uses the prestige, the escrow would automatically release the stored prestige until the cap is reached again (if the league has stored that much prestige). Thus, league members could continue to contribute to their leagues without the punishment of diminishing returns due to exceeding the cap.
    • Like x 2
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

There's not much to "lose" because there is not much to spend prestige on. An active league caps out naturally. It does not hinder them to continue playing. A new league with active members just has to decide as to what their initial goals are. There are some really negligible passives, so going for statues or league bank isn't that big of a problem imo.

There isn't any " losing out on something" due to active gameplay
  7. myandria Item Storage

I understand your point and it is a good one; however, it is the diminishing returns that seems punishing to me. Why penalize players when your active league hits the cap? Allowing a league escrow account will keep leagues viable, even during low activity times. Also, when your league hits the cap you have to let everyone know not to donate any prestige until the prestige is well under cap. Who wants to spend time doing that with an active league; there are better things to do such as coordinate low level raids with members who need them, for example. In my opinion, it should be difficult to cap out prestige, just as it is difficult to attain it.

When I played COH, I was able to maintain two league bases because the base prestige was almost limitless; that allowed me to maintain the amenities within the league bases even during low activity times. I was able to concentrate and contribute more to the priorities and needs of the leagues, not nickling and diming prestige donations because of a low ceiling cap.

As far as having more things to spend prestige on I suggest this: Put any and all Large and League tagged base items (except for current ones) into a dispenser located only in league bases and auto-donates to the league base donations once purchased with prestige. The league leader could choose who can use the prestige to purchase those items, with the leader being the permanent default first choice.

I am beginning to understand why some players have solo/small leagues; it is not worth it to have a large active league here at this point in time.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tank 4 life New Player

I think the cap should be raised. My league works hard and we capped and now we can’t earn prestige. Which then affects the league. We run stuff everyday and we are not earning what we deserve and get punished because we capped in two days. Raise the cap
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Question: at some point you'll have all the statues and all the league banks and only need prestige for buffs. How exactly are you getting punished if your league keeps capping on prestige. That's more than enough to always maintain the league buffs.

It is ment to take time to get everythjng. It's quite the cheese if you then only need to keep unlocking buffs
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

There's more than enough for a large league.
    For small and solo leagues; it's a whole 'nother story.
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

If you're maxed out; there's nothing else to spend it on.
    It's just enough to keep to keep your proficiencies running month to month.
    About half of them are useless anyways.
  12. Tank 4 life New Player

It’s like this. I had 175 k in saved prestige after I left my legue which I had for a while. With that I bought buffs. Now here I am trying to pay buff and I have the people to run stuff mind you we are a medium legue 53 members. Some are alts. When we cap in two days and I can’t oay buffs it’s a problem . Now that’s not counting that I had to open bank space etc. I am not asking for that high of a raise in the cap. Just enough that little leagues and medium ones can buy buffs etc.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Little and medium leagues lead to adjust and to prioritise. When league halls came out my league and I decided on a few buffs we wanna maintain all the time. The rest of the weekly prestige went into statues and the league bank.

That was years ago. Now it's just unlocking all the buffs at once when they run out and then capping out on prestige again.

I know you want everything right away but that's not how mmos work.
    There is no unfairness towards super dedicated players because you reach a cap too soon.
    When League Halls came out w e a l l were where you are right now.
  14. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I would love it if they just removed earning prestige or allow us to purchase it on marketplace like they do catalysts.