Launchpad Will Not Launch game (No error code given)

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by RedwoodElf, Apr 24, 2017.

1. RedwoodElf New Player

When I attempt to launch the game, the Play button says "playing" for about 2 seconds then goes green again. The game never launches, and repeated clicking of the play button has no effect other than to get the "Playing" for a short time and reversion to the green "play >". No error code is displayed. The game works fine on my machine at work (which is older and less capable of playing games than this computer)
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Did you restart the PC?
    Did you start the Launchpad.exe with admin rights?
    Did you try "Vallidate Game Assets"
    Did you grant the Launchpad and DCUO folders/exe Files füll permissions in your security software?
    If you don't have a security software, get one and make sure the PC is malware free. Remove all proxies from the PC.
  3. RedwoodElf New Player

1: Numerous times
    2: Well it's launching through Steam, how do I change the rights to admin when it does that?
    3: yes.
    4: yes.
  4. RedwoodElf New Player

OK, I forced a "run as administrator" and a new error message came up: "The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try Reinstalling the program to fix this problem." - Trying uninstall/reinstall.
  5. kryptoniteman Level 30

I am getting the error thru steam on my pc.
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The msvcp110.dll is part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package.

In short: You WIndows is outdated and you should install the latest C++ runtime library from www.windows.com
    While you are at it, also install NET Framework in the latest version and Directx as well.
    And check if Windows update is working to make sure your WIndows doesn't become stuck in a 5 year old version again ;)

Do NOT download single .dll files from other sources, because they are a popular way to hide malware.
  7. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

I tried this but still does not work.
  8. MerKat New Player

Same issue here, well not sure about the missing DLLs