Fixed Launcher never works at 1st attempt

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wallachia, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

I can confirm this isn't my internet because everything works, except DCUO's launcher. Whenever I open the game, I have to open the launcher, as it will say it couldn't connect, then try again, and it works normally. If I restart steam and open the game, the same thing will happen once more.
    • Like x 5
  2. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I've had this issue since the last update, but it only happens on one system and not the other. I doubt this one will get solved because it's not widespread. The workaround is to delete the items here (...$PATH_TO_YOUR_DCUO_INSTALLATION\DC Universe Online\LaunchPad.libs\LaunchPad.Cache\Cookies) before running the launcher. Also run the launcher as "Administrator."
    • Like x 3
  3. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

I usually had that problem that it wont start at first try, but right now it just wont start, as much as i tried.
    I tried to delete those folders too, still nothing. Just error (4-503)
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is a Daybreak-wide issue with the launcher we are working on.

A work around should be to kill any related process in your task manager, and perhaps this one specifically: GameLauncherCefChildProcess.exe
    • Like x 3
  5. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

I still cant get in the game. Guess i will have to play something else until you fix this. Tnx for info anyway.
    • Like x 3
  6. Damon Clau New Player

Well I was able to play last night. Now I can't. Even killing the process doesn't work anymore.
    • Like x 3
  7. Otaku New Player

I also can't login for the last couple of days
    • Like x 3
  8. SppeMtoN Active Player

• Like x 2
  9. Volkrov The Viking New Player

I've done all of the following listed and more with no success. All still says 4-503:

• Update all Windows updates: no fix
    • Router firmware updated: all updated but no fix
    • Reset Internet Options: nothing changed after setting these settings to allow DCUO to run no fix
    • Clear all internet cookies: no fix
    • Clear LaunchPad Cache: no success after deleting the folder (no fix)
    • Check Anti-Virus / Firewall Software: all firewall settings are specifically set to Allow DCUO to run passed the firewall, but no fix
    • Re-install the game: No Fix
    • Running as administrator: No Fix
    • Tried port forwarding through my router: No fix
    • Tried running both steam launcher and daybreak's launcher: No Fix

So far the only option that has worked for me was end tasking that GameLaunchCefChildProcess.Exe
    • Like x 1
  10. Reluctant Well-Known Player

I too have not been able to log in since this past Sunday, same error message everyday, good bye Dr. fate daily rewards
  11. Reluctant Well-Known Player

This is why I will never subscribe unless it is a lifetime membership, there have been instances where I could not log on and waste my membership!
  12. Damon Clau New Player

I keep getting the error... I'd been using my laptop to play since that works... I couldn't take it anymore the screen is too damned small.

I'm currently able to get the launcher to work by going into task manager's details tab and killing "GameLauncherCefChildProcess.exe" as suggested by Mepps, however in order to get the launcher to trigger correctly I had to kill two copies of the process in sequence...

For me the process had three copies of itself running with two similar in size with a single copy that is significantly smaller. These were arranged with the smaller copy at the bottom. I killed the smallest process, which made the launcher blink, but didn't fix anything. This did cause the processes to rearrange and generated a slightly larger copy to replace the third process loading in at the top of the trio. I killed the bottom process again and this reloaded all of the processes leaving just a pair of somewhat larger copies and caused the launcher to start working again. Game launches and seems to work.

TLDR...
    I killed the bottom of the three copies of the GameLauncherCefChildProcess.exe twice and for me this worked.
  13. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

I was able to log in for last few days. Today i cant, again.
    I dont know if i want to try to delete some files again. Last time i tried i deleted some files, and i got into game but every character was deleted. Thankfully i retrieved those files from trash, and got my characters back and could log in again.
    This time i will just wait and let the devs do their job, i can wait...at least i dont have active memebrship.
  14. Damon Clau New Player

Are you talking about the files the work around suggests? If so that has never worked for me. Beyond that I have no idea how you managed to delete characters by deleting local files as character files are stored server side... at least they should be.

Also, seems to be working for me again. Launcher just loaded without needing intervention...
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe this is now fully resolved. Please let us know if you continue to see an issue.
    • Like x 1