Launch Pad keeps updating

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Zoldaar, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Always those four. Also, my Live Server Client finally stops updating at AwesomiumProcess.exe and won't let me in. Managed to fix that problem, but the updating persists, even on Test Server.

This is not the Steam client btw, but I am unsure if the Steam client also does this.
  2. AgentX44 Committed Player

I use both Steam client and Live Server client. Both update the same files. Even tried to re-install the Steam client and that made it worse by getting stuck on the Black SOE screen. had to rollback a backup i made before re-installing.
  3. Redzrum New Player

tried logging on and all i get is black screen....test server works fine.
  4. Jenadara New Player

Exact same thing happening to me. I submitted my ticket. And just as renzhe said, unchecking read only doesn't stick. And I'm getting that same small update every time.
  5. Cruize Active Player

Same. Game runs okay after. So far no black screen problems
  6. Dezmo New Player

I have the same constant update issue.
    I can login and play fine but it will update that same file every login.
    It would seem upon attempting to remove the read-only status from the folder. (using the steam client but happened with regular client as well) The options does not stick. Windows will say it completed and upon starting the launcher it does it again.
    When I look at the DCUO folder the read only option is ticked again.
    Any suggestions?
  7. Jenadara New Player

I tried editing this again, but I guess I can only do that once. I misunderstood Colossal's post.

I actually just have a quick black screen AFTER I hit the Play button, and then it crashes. But it seems like it brings up another instance of the launchpad right away. I hit Play again, and it just crashes completely after it tries to load with a black screen only.
  8. GoldStarFlight Active Player

Yeah, I've been continuously getting the message that the launchpad is updating everytime I start up the game what's up with that?
    • Like x 1
  9. Comixfan Committed Player

Same here. Launchpad downloads a roughly 650kb file each time I start it up. I have no issues getting into the game & playing, however.
  10. Jenadara New Player

I wanted to say that the problem with me logging in was my system. Somehow I needed a Bios update all of a sudden because my processor wasn't working properly.

That aside, I still get that weird update every time.
  11. rustynailz121 New Player

12. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

13. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

For those of you who are encountering this 653kb patch each time you log in, it is not an issue but actually something that the launcher is programmed to do. If the launcher is patching more data than this then you may want to check the read only settings of the game directory.

If you are unable to patch this information, it takes an extra long time, breaks the launcher, etc. you are experiencing some other kind of issue we would need to address. Please feel free to contact us if this is the case.
    • Like x 1