Just want to know?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kanmaru, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I never got a response but what was the reason behind the Devs removing our old PI's and CC abilities from certain powers?

Quantum is my main and favorite power so I definitely saw the differences immediately after the revamp. Like all of our CC in DPS was gone and for some powers they were completely ripped out of the game. My "Warped Reality" used to root enemies in place while lifting them off of the ground. It also did might damage every 2 seconds of contact to a target. "Singularity" used to get stronger if a enemy was graviton charged and then cause polarize making nearby objects attract to affected target. But then after it exploded it then stunned the enemies. Gravity Bomb used to stun targets in DPS role as well.

"Oblivion" used to cause rooting just like Warped Reality used to but that got stripped out too. Same with The slow effects of "Time Shift" the CC of that is gone. Then there is "Gravitational Field" which for SE reason became one of Quantum's 300 power cost powers which still makes no sense but back on topic...it's CC is 50/50. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Actually that is most of Revamp now isn't it? What is the point of Controllers having high Dom if we still can't stun (most adds) anymore? I'm confused. I'm not trying to complain here but why did they touch a mechanic that had nothing to do with AMs and was actually decent with most controller powers? From experience after revamp I have learned that Quantum has the worst CC out of all the controller powers at the moment. Most of what made Quantum good at CC has been stripped out of the game.

Someone help me understand why they had to take out the CC and our old PI? And please don't say because of Revamp. Because if I recall, all the revamp was supposed to do was take out AMs, balance power damage (which still isn't done correctly) and make our SP matter more. So why did you have to butcher the trolls?

Man...most of the comments I will probably get will be counter productive or unhelpful but I'm still willing to see what is to be said and hopefully someone can give a good reason.
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

As far as I know powers that do CC deal less damage than powers that don't but have the same costs.
    With the revamp they partially reallocated the use of certain powers or moved the control abilities to the tank/controller stance only.
    Same goes for PI applying powers. Those were also reallocated to others to make use out of certain powers which applied PI but were usually never used to do that by players.

But I could he wrong. If anyone wants to correct me please do so if I am wrong
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Damage. They factored CC into the equation when they shouldn't have, since only tanks and trolls can utilize it in group content.
    • Like x 2
  4. Rabbitxpp Well-Known Player

I use to play quantum dps loved the power but had to drop it. I now play hard light dps my rotation got messed up and It just wasn't the same to me anymore after the revamp.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

T_T I know that feeling.
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Darn...my be pushing it if I hope they brought it back. If not then maybe something similar?
  7. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

If I recall pre revamp mental was actually capable of being the top DPS power so I can't say that is 100% true. Maybe they thought doing this was something kind of evolutionary change to better the game? Idk anymore lol.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

The one thing has nothing to do with the other. It was top tier because a) it had a super cheese Advanced Mechanic and second it was a power that could exploit certain powers that others could not.
    What I said is basically true. Devs removed CC during the revamp in order to allow certain powers to do more damage than they would regularly do (within the borders of the revamp - not within the borders of advanced mechancis).
    While looking at something like you do, you should never look back to former mechanics but as to how things have changed during the revamping process and why thigs turned out to be like they did.
  9. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I see. So in your own opinion, do you feel the damage has made a noticeable difference to all powers? And is trolling more fun now or pre revamp?
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

What has this to do with your initial question? o_O
  11. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Now I'm asking if you think it was worth it and if you feel the the direction the game went was the right decision?
  12. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

we are in the same boat HL has fallen, if i could go back in time i would stop the revamp from ever happening.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yes, I do.
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yup this right there ^^^
    Take Time Shift vs Anomly for example.
    Both a 200 cost power, both AOE and PI applicator but Anomaly is a SC generator and it stuns. At 224CR it hits for around 7.5k. Time Shift on the other hand does not stun and hits for around 13k.

You have to decide if you want the stun or the damage but ya don't get both (in moat cases) The simple solution is dual armory for solo, duo and possibly 4 man content where you don't have a tank present and you may want to keep adds off you vs a raid loadout where the other roles are present and you can do more damage.
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Damage, unfortunately. They killed my favorite power, sorcery, with the revamp. I loved to dps and heal with the power, both in PvP and PvE. Even when it wasn't popular in PvP, I could make it work. They have totally changed and killed that power for me, and probably a lot of other old school sorc players.
  16. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Yeah, I feel bad for sorcery users. They definitely got the kick in the mouth with revamp. I still till this day don't understand why they thought touching our older PI or Buffs was a good idea. All they had to do was strip out AMs and balance power damage...that's it.
  17. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

It's crazy how may people I know quit because of this. Sure new players are entering as well but if vets leave that should be a bit of a hint. Of course not all vets have departed but the ones I know have.
  18. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Well, let's see how this turns out.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Huh? I have literally no idea what's going on right now o_O

I said I like the revamp.

You say "We'll see." I mean WHAT? What will we see? Whether I like the revamp or not? I already have you my personal answer . Is this a common thing with you if you can't read what you wanted to read? The heck is going on ?
  20. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

You are in space right now. I meant in regards to them not having our old CC and seeing how the game will be in the future. You are reaching out too far buddy.