Just switched to Quantum

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mr BeefCakesss, May 19, 2015.

1. MrGT Well-Known Player

Oh for sure. Should have stated with not tanks. Or I wait till they are on the tank. I play all support roles so know what it like as a tank if that happens.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Switching to Quantum the day before the Max Damage mod bug is fixed and Quantums dmg out reduces a ton? Bold move man, I hope you actually enjoy using the power though cause Quantums OP days are done.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mousebreaker85 New Player

Quantum is boring AF its like torture playing that immobile garbage
    You would have to nail me to the bandwagon to keep me quantum
    • Like x 1
  4. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

I'm a man who likes to live on the wild side.
    • Like x 1
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

yet as an Earth DPS I destroyed a 119 Quantum DPS today...Oh ok..Tank DSP suck...

And a 116 Ice DPS kept up with my 115 Quantum DPS, in fact beat me by a little...

Hot fix nerfed quantum damage by a good 30% if not more....So yeah...Quantum is not as strong as it was yesterday...

My $$$ is on that this fix was long over due for Max Damage mod....
  6. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

Dude it's all about cr and cool story that you beat them. I guarantee you that you wouldn't beat me or even come close to me.

I said it in a earlier post, just because I player is a easy dps power doesn't mean that know how to use it properly.

Btw earth dps is still hot garbage.
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

Actually im waiting for you to come back and post how quantum is still super op because i have only experienced maybe a 10 percent drop off in damage. But hey whats 1 mil when your beating everyone by 4 mil?
    • Like x 1
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Welcome to the Quantum club and the other 30% of T6+ players.

You are correct as it is not as easy as 1-4 but it is if you think about it. I have helped many of my leagues improve as Quantum DPS. And most top the charts. I am constantly working at my rotation and loadout.

I do that to ensure I'm no slouch as a DPS. So i know what youa re talking about.

But Quantum is VERY BORING....

I prefer Earth over Quantum as I'm not simply going through the same rotation. I get to use WM, it requires more planning of ability usage, such as where to place totem, etc..

Quantum is point, use 1-5 possible powers, repeat....

Earth requires much more skill...so does all the other tanking powers...

I know Rage will be above Quantum with this update. I have seen plenty of Rage DSP play close and now they should be higher. Cannot wait for the HoH run and the lone Quantum DPS be the lowest on the scoreboard saying WTF....
  9. No Crying Committed Player

Congrats on switching to quantum that power just isn't for me
    • Like x 1
  10. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Super OP? You must be raiding with new players, or possibly ones coddled by their leagues. I did 3 raids and 5 alerts earlier with Quantum Dps' in the group and they came either 2nd or mostly 3rd. 8 instances and not 1 of them outdamaged HL. This "everyone 60% but Quantum 120%" Max Damage bug was going on before gu47, that update just exacerbated it. And now its clearly over.
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

If our CR was equal I would beat you with my Earth toon or Munitions...

Quantum does caca damage now...trust me...

Yesterday my hits in T7 with a 115 was around 65K when TB would go off, now it is 1/2 that damage...

Yesterday I was able to keep up with Quantum DPS using all of my powers today I lost only to a 126 Quantum. You know what, I did 75% of there damage as a 115 Earth DPS. That players said something is broken cause no way should I have kept up...

Quantum might see many players now jumping ship.

Cannot wait for the mass exit of quantum players, it is long over due...
  12. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

What kind of dpsing numbers are you getting against the sparring target now with HL? CR, precision stat? Rotation as well.
  13. xD25x Dedicated Player

Quantum was not the only power experiencing the max damage mod increase. Did you read shinys post or just listen to what the mass amount of non quantum players were saying?
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Agreed...

When Quantum was in test and I remember reading that whoever was testing notice that TB would do double damage every other or 3 TB for no reason. This is now fixed, Quantum is now balanced...

So, how is HL Sodam Yat? Is it now fixed?
    • Like x 1
  15. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

HL is still no match for mental but it can go equally with quantum and that's how it always should of been
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Other powers were impacted but Quantum got the biggest jump due to the increase damage of TB and the increase in damage for each ability that built up TB. That is why Quantum was so OP...

I have posted damage reduction by my Munitions and Quantum toon.

My Quantum toon damage dropped by 40% and my munition damage dropped by 20% if that...Quantum got a super fat nerf...and it was long over due...

Other power sets did not see such a nerf because it was not stacking damage like Quantum got form TB.

We now have to really test our powers...

Maybe once fire gets an AM update and we all run the updated powers for say 2-3 months, it would be nice to see how each powerset is doing each month for overall damage per a second....
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thank god, shouted in LFG CR116 celestial DPS for fatal exam and T6 alerts, and guy right behind me shouted need healer & DPS for exam, so I sent a tell "DPS 116"

notta no inv nothing. He must of wanted a CR120 ^ or quantum to carry him. Got into a group, there was a 124cr troll, a CR110 DPS already in the group I got kicked not long after being invited to the group.

figured since I wasnt quantum nor 120 ^ I was kicked, which the guy kept on shouted for DPS & healer guessing til he got a 120 ^ person to carry his sorry ***.
  18. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

I read every post actually, and then decided to reply to your reply. I seem to be missing the problem here? As for it effecting other powers, im well aware. It was noted to be effecting Mental too but I honestly havent had experience with that. What I have noticed is a cr116 Quantum beating a cr122 (insert power here) in this Episode and relatively speaking similarly in the previous DLC. Sry but you did just refer to quantum as "super op" so I dont see your point here being honest. It just looks like your angry it got fixed finally.
  19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

That is stupid...That instance is not all that hard. Completed that instance with my league all 115 no problem and got the perfect grade feat to boot...

I'm sorry but skill is still truimphing CR in this game. Unfortunately, some players think CR is all that matter, but with so many bad loadouts and bad DPS players in this game skill sill matters.

I wonder how many people are going to be like WTF today....LOL
  20. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Same as always really, atm im cr124 with 4883 prec and im using my brawling wm into Fan, Impact, LB, Minigun, Ram, Fan etc etc. I havent recorded any numbers to be honest but ill probably check out the damage parser soon. It is melting adds slightly faster but its hard to tell with them with Miniguns huge pushback. The main difference here though ofc is Quantum no longer getting its 120%.