John Stweart need a break from baseball

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xo2478, Mar 12, 2014.

1. xo2478 New Player

I think John Stewart needs a little pause when he finishes using his baseball bat because that thing can spam big time
    • Like x 3
  2. vortexb New Player

Frankly legends are getting boring and annoying with all the JS running around spamming bat and grenade. That character is no fun to play (unless you're braindead) and it's no fun to play against.

But I seem to be one of the few people that think that DCUO Legends PvP was ruined by all the **** lantern legends spamming bats, claws, shields and endless CCs, not caring much about counter play which is the very essence of this game's pvp, and what really makes it fun.

My opinion...
  3. CCBatson Dedicated Player

John Stewart is annoying, but the Baseball Bat-spamming isn't unbeatable. Though I do feel that the Wave II Legends are not exactly equitably represented.

The Kryptonians mostly tend to be weak and underpowered, with the exception of Bizarro. The Lanterns tend to be overly-hyped and pumped up beyond common expectation in relation to the other characters.

I'll add that I'd rather not see any nerfs though, beyond the mechanical revisions already being discussed in WIP and Dev forums. But the Kryptonians really could use some rebalancing to pull them up a bit, particularly Superman. For a $10.00 Legend character, he's especially disappointing.
    • Like x 2
  4. No Aywok New Player

What would you all consider an appropriate cool down for the Baseball Swing? I know it got a slight "nerf", but that doesn't seem enough.
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I made the very sad, sad mistake of buying Superman. I wasn't expecting him to be over powered like a lot of people were, but I was expecting him to be a good well rounded character. He's currently one of the poster-boys for DC at the moment so I figured that they couldn't have possibly messed him up. Nope, I have never been more wrong.

As per the whole baseball scenario going on here, I've gotta say that John could use some slight adjustments with the bat considering the first two hits are basically safe damage. I could understand the first one being safe from blocking since many of the legends characters have a lunge move that isn't blockable, but any hits after that should be vulnerable to block.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Instead of adding a colldown, make it so the baseball is intettuptible right from the start.

BAM! Done. Now it can still be used strategically, but spamming it will be punishable
    • Like x 6
  7. No Aywok New Player

And they could get rid of that "Charge" theme that plays as well. I've never wanted to play with my sound off so strongly.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

I think all the lanterns are annoying, not to mention tha we have 8 lanterns on legends :cool: but yeah they should do something about the bat spamming :confused:
    • Like x 2
  9. No Aywok New Player

I believe it has the same CD as Ice's Snow Ball, but that doesn't stun/juggle people into a coma.
  10. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

i think higher power consuption will do it more dmg unless your talking a 5+second cool down then y would u use JS + two face is a lot more annoying
  11. No Aywok New Player

I'm okay with whatever needs to be done to balance PvP, though I won't pretend to be anywhere near a master.

I personally play with JS because I like what he can do when not spamming *shrug*. I think a 2 second cool down is manageable WITH a slight power cost increase. The Baseball Swing isn't even near the best in his arsenal; it's just used to clip everything into oblivion which screws the counter mechanic windows even more (in my PS3 observation).
    • Like x 1
  12. Zpred Dedicated Player

If I had it my way...

The baseball bat would have a longer cooldown and not so much of a constant stun affect with an annoying sound to it.

Two faces hp would be decreased by some and barrels would be interupt able.

Hal jordons sc with its constant stun/sometimes unbreakable to get of would need some attention.

Amon surs claw needs to calm down on the claw stun.

Probably gonna get hate for this one but... I would take the rifle away from these legends and give them another weapon type, or change how rifle works, two face not so bad, but the amount of annoying john Stewarts staying in the air just spamming grenade is not very fun, you could say yea you need to get better bla bla just lunge etc, it doesn't always work, and these lanterns tapping grenade can be a right game changer., annoying one mind lol.
    • Like x 1
  13. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

i play with JS because he black ask anyone in my league ... and i say nerf him cuz he black ... he'll nvr get nerfed mwhahahhahaha XD... but back to your point JS doesn't allow for one of the most flexible play styles being equally damaging ranged or melee because of his movesets he's the hammer when i need him and h kitting pro when i want to be tactical XD
  14. Hero of Justice New Player

So much hate for John Stewart lately :( I think simply making the move blockable or interrruptible as has been suggested by Jurgen and Enquirer would go a long way towards cutting off the complaints he gets. Although I will point out that he has very low health, so his offensive powers are meant to be powerful. That said, his flight and rifle combined give him an edge most Legends don't have, so he can cause a lot of damage even without the bat being as good as it is now.
    • Like x 3
  15. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

you don't have to fight w/ two faced just do the most OP AOE DOT in legends and place out adds to fight for you while you stand back and spam rifles and other ranged combo's with the highest health in the game stretching your survival ability you just kit until your opponent dies
  16. Hero of Justice New Player

I enjoy playing him alot, and I'd like to think I'm not braindead. :) I suppose if you just hovered in the air and rained grenades with the rifle it could get pretty old and annoying, but you could say the same with Amon Sur and his stuns, or Atrocitus and his plasma field. If you actually try to master his playing style beyond one or two elements he can be a blast to play. All IMO, as well.
    • Like x 2
  17. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

lol no this will not do anything but make you die faster rifle granadeclip with baseball .... and you couldn't make it inerruptible because it's a melee attack... no different from cat womans whiplash so to nerf JS would be decrease dmg done by baseball bat, increase power consumption, or increase cooldown timer.... what your recommending may make him even stronger because if people know its blockable and i see them blocking ... oh they will pay XD
  18. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

A melee attack WITH A JUGGLE IN EVERY HIT. And that´s what makes it messed up. If I don´t blocked it, I get tossed around like a ragdoll. But if I do block, I leave myself open for a blockbreak with the grenade? Nope I don´t care if it´s a melee attack: if it has the potential to do CC on every hit, with the capacity of having 4 hits for the cost of 1 power, then it sould be able to get interrupted just like any other weapon combo. If not in the first hit, then at the second. But Bat like it is now, is a cheap-spammable-low risk (if any) power.
    • Like x 2
  19. Hero of Justice New Player

I think it is different from Catwoman's whiplash, for the reasons Jurgen already listed above. When paired with JS's weapon, the bat has unique factors that make it difficult to counter as-is. If they don't change its mechanics then I would suggest increasing the cooldown again, it still is very short compared to the potential for damage it has.
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

It is annoying and it should be fixed, try having like 2 or 3 doing the same thing at the time, there is really no counter to it. The grenade stuns you before the bat swings which is messed up, had this happen every time.