Jackhammer and aftershocks info

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Thechemicals, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Thechemicals New Player

Are aftershocks of Jackhammer benefiting from its own damage role % bonus? For example, use "jackhammer (get 50% damage modifier from role), then use first aftershock- do this first aftershock get 50% damage modifier? Is each succeeding aftershock resetting the damage modifier?

I believe Jackhammer aftershock is superior to weapon combos overall, and i use it plenty in pvp as well. It is great for mass or single target. The description to this power leaves a lot of questions for me. One being the wording "aftershock does more damage". Does each jackhammer aftershock cause more damage than the previous or are they just saying you get to aftershock for the same damage again?

In pvp Jackhammer seems powerful to me. I win almost all of my 1v1 matches and am ussually the highest in kill counts for other pvp events. is this power as good as i think it is?
  2. Itazuki New Player

It's just the initial cast that gives the 50%. What they mean by "more damage" is that the Aftershocks account for doing more damage besides just the initial damage it does.

Yeah Jackhammer can be great in PvP if you use it right. Beware that it can be blocked though just like a melee attack. This is why I tend to not use it until I knock down the opponent with a counter, then spam Jackhammer a few times until they get up.
  3. shaun10656 New Player

this is why I always use reinforce with jacks a double 50% modifier and it increases the crit chance n prec so its very deadly
    • Like x 2
  4. AIpha New Player

Jacks is great for multi target but there are certain weapon attacks that when paired with clip powers will give you better single target damage.
  5. Itazuki New Player

Grab the red or purple damage buff in an Arena, then use Jackhammer on a group... Love it lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Thechemicals New Player

I specced into the other tree for specialization bonus. I also use unstoppable with Jack- It adds the extra tick,dazes, provides immunity, and it provides the knock down offered by jackhammer if a target is dazed. I believe it is a better tactic overrall to Reinforce/jackhammer- which was my old tactic.
  7. shaun10656 New Player

I don't waist my time with unstoppable they say it works like tectonic break but it sometimes dosent. what if you miss your unstoppable daze? then you wont get the extra ticks for jack hammer and immunity isn't all that great when it last for a couple seconds and sometimes being immune dosent help at all. I prefer tectonic break its fast short cool down and it gets the group of mobs. and daze sometimes doesn't go through all the mobs
  8. Thechemicals New Player

Tectonic is nice. The tech tree specialization is nice as well so i passe don reinforce but it is an awesome ability.
  9. Deathmike Devoted Player

The first tick (the yellow one) will use whatever damage bonus you have active.
    The aftershocks will all use the 50% modifier from the Jackhammer cost (as long as you are hitting at least one target, thus keeping the combo meter up).

Each aftershock will do the same amount of damage.

Deathmike out.
  10. Itazuki New Player

Unstoppable is nice since it provides multiple uses. Though Tectonic Break is better if you're trying to be a serious DPS...It has farther range, hits harder, and extremely fast cooldown.
  11. shaun10656 New Player

yea that's what I was tryin to say took the words right out of my mouth I haven't really tanked with earth with all the rants its been getting