I've been banned for 7 days but i dont know why

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by Zuse, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Zuse Loyal Player

Ok... i got back from work after a long day of work and i wanted to play the game to relax a little
    and i saw that my account has been banned

and then i checked my mail and it said cause of cheating.

I have 1 question where did they get the idea that i have cheated
    I dont have any 3rd party programs or anything
    well the only programs running with DCUO are TeamSpeak and Windows Media player but i cant see how they can help me cheat

but i have been thinking what has maybe given you an idea that i have been cheating and i remembered that yesterday i had a really bad internet connection and i had terrible lag. I was lagging so badly that i got all the damage after i died and i used to die once i have respawned because i got the damage after i respawned.

So please do re look at this cause i have never cheated in my life in an MMO and i dont like cheating and this game is really important to me and i want to relax while playing it and i cant see how i could have cheated
    • Like x 5
  2. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

You're not alone on this believe me. In the past week there have been many cases identical to this and unfortunately SOE don't seem to be showing much acknowledgement to it.

If you look around this sub-forum you'll see a scattering of users threads about it. Take it from my experience...if you're pointed in the direction of help.soe, don't bother. They're not helping people with this issue and seem to be adamant that we are just genuine cheaters due to this system which is falsely flagging people recently. It's all that they're depending upon and all you'll get is the same automated responses others are getting.

My advice? Try your best to make the team aware of it because right now they seem to be dismissing it as a general issue help.soe can fix. They won't.
    • Like x 3
  3. Zuse Loyal Player

but come on 7 days for just that

and i dont have much to do on work this week and i wanted to play badly

Now i see why DCUO is losing ppl
    • Like x 1
  4. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

Let's just say I share the same feeling :(
  5. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

As I said in the other posts, I'm afraid no one here in tech and billing can assist you any further with these banned account issues. The accounts were banned in game so you will need to submit in a ban appeal in order to give your side of the story

Answer Title: [DCUO] Suspended and Banned Accounts
    Answer Link: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31496
  6. spadeofslades2 New Player

Well, the 7 day ban I mentioned just developed further towards myself being terminated. So a warning to you. Do not continue playing if you're one of the effected players, you will only be terminated like myself.

Rest assured, I'll be bumping a lot of the threads like this to make a point. Help.soe are completely ignoring the issue and right now this seems like the only way to make it seem even slightly more significant in their eyes, it's the only way to convince them to look into it.
    • Like x 4
  7. Raventhorn2 New Player

I recently came off a suspension as well only to be banned 5 days later. Have been playing since beta and no prior issues until a few weeks ago. Havent cheated once in this game and wouldnt even I knew how. Winners never cheat, cheaters never win.
    • Like x 1
  8. Captain Liberty Developer

I'll see if I can find anything amiss with cheat detection.
    • Like x 11
  9. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

THANK YOU :rolleyes:

let's just say this is what we've been wanting to hear for a long time now.
  10. Zuse Loyal Player

thank you captain
    you dont know what it has been to be without DCUO for a whole week.
    • Like x 1
  11. Vesper Dedicated Player

Please and thank you! I appreciate it. :)
  12. Raventhorn2 New Player

Thank you!
  13. shinya2104 Level 30

Thank you,when I was suspended for 7 days for cheats, when I don't even cheat, I felt defenseless. My opinion of SOE has changed now.
  14. spadeofslades2 New Player

So, it has been a couple of days since this post now and there's been nothing new since...not to come across as demanding or anything, when can we expect an update on what's going on? Naturally people are concerned about this.
  15. Captain Liberty Developer

We did not find anything to indicate that cheat detection was not working as expected. That said, however unlikely, it is possible to trigger false positives. As such, I have asked our CS (customer service) team to look for certain characteristics, and to use their best judgement when considering a ban (especially on established players). We will be investing more engineering time to further refine cheat detection in our next sprint (development period).
    • Like x 8
  16. GreenGod New Player

Well add me to the List. got banned this morning for 7 days for 3rd party program usuage. Played the ticket system and basically got told we cant tell u anything do to a security risk that might allow you to circumvent or detection system. Problem is i dont cheat. and it seems im not the only one here with this issue. Gone over my running programs a millions time. Skype. Raidcall, and DCUO all i ever run. and mabe internet explorer.
    If any of the Gm's or mods care to look into my case any further Please do. This is by far unfair. Being punished for something i have not done. I would consider my self Established player. Lots of money and 9 toons with 135 skill points on each of them.
    Station name: GreenG0d420
  17. Zuse Loyal Player

Thank you captain...i was afraid to pvp at all once i got unbanned so i wont trigger the ban somehow again
    but this gives me hope :D

thank you again and have a nice day dear sir
  18. UMBRA Well-Known Player

Mhh... What do you mean by "established players" ?
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I doubt he will answer that but my interpretation: Established players = accounts with lots of playtime (and/or investments) on them.

The last speedhackers I've seen were either not even level 30 yet or the gear indicated less than two months of playtime. And I met none of those ever again... :D

It has been a while though since I've seen any cheaters and it is certainly better nowadays :).
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You have no idea how glad I am to read this. My absolute worst experience with the game -- and it's astounding I didn't let it drive me off -- was when I started (shortly after Battle for Earth came out) and I lost 4 accounts in a row because of alleged hacking, and yet I was doing absolutely nothing of the kind in any way, shape, means, or form.

I spent months with GMs insisting to me that their methods were infallible and that I was hacking, no matter that of course I knew I wasn't. I spent months, lost four accounts, and if left to the GMs, that would have been that, as none of their solutions produced any actual results.

The solution finally came after I noticed that my CAT-5 cable had a broken connector that was wiggling; once I replaced that, I never again had a problem.

But THAT was the false positive. The one that I was told dozens and dozens of times Was. Not. Possible. Which was obviously untrue, and yet, of course, I was told that I wasn't telling the truth.

You know, that was pretty damn infuriating, as well as insulting, and a horrible way to run a business.

I only persevered because I'm stupid and I loved the game that much.

So: thank you for admitting that false positives can happen, and that the customer is not, in fact, Always Wrong (when denying hacking).

I hope future players will never have to go through anything like the experience I was put through by the messed-up hacking-detection software that is very fallible indeed.