It's Legends PVE, except with our own clamped toons!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Quark, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Kid Quark Level 30

Running old content that takes just as long as it did when it was released and only pays off with mediocre/unwanted loot!

Now it all makes sense! :p

On a serious note, it would've been nice if the Devs had at least put SOMETHING new into the old content. New voice over narration, new investigations/briefings, etc. that further the story line and create a sense of WHY Rip Hunter is having us go back and revisit these moments. Maybe even updated cut scenes for future iterations of 'Save the Universe.'

Example:

British voice: "I know you are going to hate me for asking this, but I need you to return in time to the Fortress of Solitude and fight the Avatar of Meta again. I know it's tedious and miserable, but the fate of the universe depends on you retrieving a critical artifact that it's guarding."

Even a little bit of freshness would help with the motivation I'm currently lacking to revisit these old instances.

Might be time to step away and take a break until the really new content launches in November.
    • Like x 8
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

there is a new collection in the House of Legends. :oops: :p
  3. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I had this exact realization while nodding off running Power Core.

Just like Legends content, I won't be running this garbage either.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It doesn't exactly feel like Legends PvE but it is close.
    • Like x 1
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I like this.

THe Rip Adventures would make for a better *event* than full on DLC. Revisiting these points in time for me for X reason and I'll reward you with this X stuff once or twice a year.
  6. Sgt. Rock Active Player

DCUO SUB Auto Renew DISABLED
    • Like x 2
  7. MiLady Well-Known Player

The OP is correct.

Legends is really playing Iconic toons that are stat-clamped in old content. We are doing the same, but with our toons.
    • Like x 2
  8. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It doesn’t feel like legends Pve it feels like running the seasonal events over and over again. It feels like we’re fighting the exact same entities just in different bodies in different rooms. There is absolutely nothing special or fun about this update but I will say I am most excited for these people in support of the clamping to come back here in 3 months to complain about it, and I will have their receipts ready. That’s going to be more amusing than this, because at least I get to steamroll something then.
    • Like x 2
  9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

nooooooo, LPVE is a lot worse. I can EO a paradox still with ease. I can barely complete the instance in a reasonable time with 4 people in LPVE