it does not feel like "skill points matter"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 6ix9ine, Aug 14, 2018.

1. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Which makes perfect sense for a game that goes back to 2011. So many feats that players (like me) ground out in the days when everyone was playing the related content are just not realistic for a player who is just entering the game today. Lets face it, how often do you see people calling for FOS2 of Inner Batcave runs? I think that this also applies to the gathering of Collections/Briefings in Metropolis and Gotham, PVP feats and SO many style feats. By giving players many paths to rank up their stats SP simply becomes one of a number of ways to get there.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Agreed. While I don't think that a player needs to amass every single SP to excel at the game, it seems to me that one SHOULD be +/- 10% of their CR to be within the "Sweet Spot" . In other words a 200 CR Player is probably ok between 180 to 220 skill points for content relevant to them.
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

When you say weaker toons vs. top toons... are you talking about two toons that have the exact same powerset and rotation? Or two toons with different powers and different rotations?

Because then we're not talking about an SP issue but instead a power balance issue related to different types of content available.

If you tell me, my top SP toon does 25,000 dps with 400 SP and 24,000 dps with 200 SP, those numbers might mean something. But just talking about "impressions" isn't very reliable because:

a. We all know certain powersets are OP in certain types of content.
    b. You're not running consistently with the same group makeup and you honestly don't know how many SP the people you're competing against have, their rotation, whether they know what they're doing or not.
    c. Good players aren't dpsing 24/7. They pick up teammates, carry rocks, solve puzzles, etc., etc. which affects the final score.
    • Like x 3
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is the same as...

"People who put the time into creating Earth 3 gear mods should get more benefits in the augments change than people who didn't."

"People who purchased more episodes as premium should have a larger cash cap than premium members who didn't or members who just started subbing."

"People who played all the PVP matches before they reduced the feats to 50 should get more points than other people."

"People who created all the gear mods should get extra feats compared to people who just got the feats autocompleted."

The common thread in all of this is people wanting to pretend that the devs somehow owe them for time or energy spent in game. Mepps' past replies have summed up the devs' point of view, however, and it makes sense: You got what you grinded for. The devs never made any promises regarding how significant stats from SP would be, how large a portion of stats we would get from base mods, generator mods, how much might we would get from X artifact compared to X artifact, etc. They simply say, this is what is available, if you want these stats, go for it. If not, don't.

In any MMO that I know of, there is a grind TO GET TO ENDGAME, but once there, there are tons of players to hang out with. One could say that the majority of a game's population should optimally be at endgame.

DCUO with SP is an odd duck out, but wisely the devs have kept the SP difference noticeable but not significantly imbalanced. That way they ensure the majority of their player base can feel rewarded, not that there are a few Elite Overlords and the masses at their feet.
    • Like x 2
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Said it many times before, and I'll say it again: the devs could have gone with SP as a gating mechanism for content long ago, well before they decided on CR as the gating mechanism. The fact that they didn't go that route says something to me about the merits of that kind of system.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

thank you for the pointless semantical post that makes you feel better because now we all know you didn't do that thing i obviously said as a generalization, but for some reason ypu took personally even though it should be assumed that i wasn't talking about you if you didnt do the thing i mentioned.

Everyone, everyone, i wasnt talking about Fatal!

There ya go. feel better lil buddy?
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Do you know how much might you get from SP's now?
    I don't. You know why?
    Because they don't matter.
    • Like x 2
  8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Thank you for missing my very obvious sarcasm and jumping right to snark, I thought the winky face gave it away but I forget not everyone is that bright. One thing I can always count on you for Mohican, is to accuse and attack people for some hidden condescending message that you think they're saying, cause you're obviously a psychic
    • Like x 3
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

Lol :)

It tells you right in the window on the left side ;)
    • Like x 3
  11. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Not to mention he called you "lil buddy." :eek::eek::eek:
    • Like x 2
  12. Balton hero Committed Player

How many times do we have to have the same thread(s)?
    • Like x 1
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Its almost a law that people on internet forums don't use the search function. Not to mention there's nothing wrong with bringing topics back to the surface to bring up fresh ideas or to simply answer the OPs question. People were really patient and detailed helping him. Not his fault, as we shouldn't expect everyone to just understand all of the intricacies of the game. But now he knows lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes, much cringe when I read that ..
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Wait, so right, or left? Which side?! My brain... is.. frying...

Or you mean on the right side of the left window?

Or the correct side of the window that was forgotten?
  16. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Alrighty Then said:
    “Do you know how much might you get from SP's now?
    I don't. You know why?
    Because they don't matter.”

[IMG]
    Gassius_Spray you just made my day .. xD
    • Like x 1