issue while doing races.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kontakt, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Kontakt Active Player

I've been grinding for feats by doing races in preparation for the stats revamp and I don't know whose bright idea it was to put race check points where enemies spawn which cost me time on some races.
    Devs please consider making players immune to enemy attacks while doing races, it's very annoying getting hit and moving slow.
  2. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Wanna hear a joke? That immunity thing was in an update about a year ago or worse and the devs consider it up and running :D :D :D

If I had to guess I'd say you race on villain side :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Kontakt Active Player

yes I am
  4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Most of the races involved with this problem are around ACE and Steelworks. The NPCs at Steelworks are "green" to heroes so they don't have a problem there, and the flight race around Arkham actually has NPCs ignoring heroes to a point. Exception: another hero is doing an active mission in the area you pass; and "all out" attack may slow the hero down (or kill it at low CR). Villains can get struck by an attack in that occasion that will turn them into a sludge monster; they can get stuck in that form for a while because the usual functions to clean this are part of the hero mission taking place in the racing area.

There is one other race where getting attacked may cost you a feat, that is the flight race around Gotham University. However, that one is easy to circumvent, since apart from 2 NPCs whatecer is in the race path are strays. Kill the strays (easy lvl 25 stuff), start the race, get stopped by the two NPCs spawning there (quite early in the race), strike them down, open the menu and when asked select to restart the race at once and then the path is clear since you get there again before respawns. After that the specific race is sorta an easy platinum time.

No such s simple solution for ACE though - effectively every hero running a mission there can troll you. As for Steelworks: one of the flight races got flagged properly and NPCs will not attack you, while another one did not. My guess is devs just forgot to fix that specific race, which makes this all the way more annoying. Besides that, they do know perfectly well how to do this: the speedster race in South Gotham was flagged perfectly well after the Battle for Earth DLC. For some reason, they didn't put the same effort into Home Turf by now. They really should just use the method from that speedster race and copy it on every existing race no matter what, problem solved. The possibility to abuse this is limited anyway since races time out anyway, ending the "protection".
    • Like x 1
  5. Kontakt Active Player

i totally agree
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its been a long time so i dont know if things have changed. what you need is to buddy up with someone. have them take out the ads while youre running the race. if you both need it you should both get credit if you complete it.
  7. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

That's np longer working IIRC. For quite some time even if I'm right.