Is This There Answer For Pushing 2-2-2-2 Groups?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Here2Help, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here2Help Devoted Player

DD -> The gap between the damage DDs do compared to support roles has been lowered.
    Controllers -> 2 are needed to maintain constant PoT. CDs for CC moves mean one troll won't be able to constantly crowd control multiple enemies. Debuffs will also be hard to maintain when solo.
    Tank & Heals -> Amazingly long cooldowns for important moves. Solo tanks won't be able to pull multiple groups of adds for example and solo healers will struggle with groups taking lots of damage when their healing moves are constantly on cooldown.

How do you feel about going back to a 2-2-2-2 setup? More importantly, how do you feel about the way they're pushing it?

I'm personally not a fan of increasing cooldowns for healers and tanks. It feels like a dirty way to almost force players into running with two healers and two tanks.

Note: I haven't seen anywhere where they've stated the reason for increased cooldowns, but it seems like it's affected solo tanks and heals negatively and so I'm assuming that they did this with that attention to push the 2-2-2-2 setup.

Second Note: Title should read 'Is This The* Answer For Pushing 2-2-2-2 Groups?'. It's late over here and I'm incredibly tired after a long day :p
    • Like x 3
  2. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

Increased cooldown for healer? :O Are you kidding me? :O So i won't be able to heal raid alone? :O And i'll have to wait like double till power is cooled down? :O NO MORE STUNS FOR TROLLERS? Pot last shorter..................... WHATTA F... (hell) DEVELOPERS?!?!?!? I was really afraid that this SO CALLED "stats revamp" is gonna bring more changes than it should...

All you guys should do is to REMOVE AM!!! And WM if that's needed. Okay, set up over stats and stuff, but you are changing EVERYTHING. O.O Making my powers as a healer take longer to cool down, WHATTA HELL? That's MASSIVE bull... (some kind of a bad thing :p)!

I thought DCUO is going to be smarter than this! If people even told you to make a setup for 2-2-2-2 YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SCREW UP EVERYTHING. Okay i'm maybe overreacting, but if that happens, and if i'm not able to heal the way i do (with my powers) than this game is pointless for me, since healing is the only thing i REALLY enjoy doing. And quantum trolling kay, quantum is beautiful power <3

But anyways, there's still a lot of work, changes, and i bet they change some things and BE SMARTER! Omfg, i'm still in shock because of healers cooldowns... And i even prayed they gonna speed them up omfg!
    • Like x 7
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

As long as I don't need to see five dps in a raid again I fully support whatever got me there. This easy mode dps stacking is Posatively horrible imo. Opions vary but since you asked that's my stance
    • Like x 3
  4. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

What if that means not enough people to run a raid because you don't have the right roles?

Some of the changes I'm seeing makes me want to play support role less, and playing support is mostly what I tend to (all my characters run both but I have had a tendency to always favor support first).
    • Like x 3
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

I really don't mind seeing less DDs, especially with Support roles now pushing out more damage. I just feel like solo healing and tanking should still be an option, hell even solo controlling. Albeit it should be a harder option for the group, it should still be doable for those that want to pursue that group setup and enjoy doing their support role solo (this is the main point, I know lots of players including myself that enjoy doing their support role solo because it's just more fun).

But is the answer for pushing 2-2-2-2 groups really increasing cooldowns on all of the useful powers?
    • Like x 2
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

You ever hear putting the cart before the horse?

If someone told you trolls would crowd control adds making it impossible for tanks to round them up that would sound awful yet that is indeed what happens every time. The truth is it is bad an yea some changes might be worse and hard to adjust to. This is true. Beck THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL LOVE OR EVEN LIKE EVERY CHANGE.

So what. What we read and how it applies is often different. It ends 5 dps raids and that's enough for me.

Personally I am no fan of a second tank. Not even a little bit. Its an adjustment and I am going to wait and see how it begins to play out. Wait till I not only try it but have some experience and have adjusted.
    • Like x 2
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

The contents scaled for brand new players and opinions vary. Two trolls is intimately more fun imo. Solo trolling you can do way less then when two trolls are in a group. As a tank say fire I almost never can juggle tank. You know one of two methods of fire tanking since launch. Rage tanks with a solo healer have issues against single bosses. Some can handle the power but the real talented trolls we use to have are so few and far between IF they even are still here it's sad.

I am sure I will dislike parts of this but it's to be expected. Echo has fundamentally changed a few times so one more is easy to deal with. This 5 dps horse poo we got is so hard to swallow I can't wait till it's gone
    • Like x 1
  8. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

How is this putting the cart before the horse when we've lived through this, twice if you want the exact number of times.

Weapon Mastery came into the game, changed the way we play... folks didn't like changes and left permanently.

AM's got released and more people tended to leave due to how "unskillled" the game had become and even more cookie cutterish...

If folks do not like the way their roles are changed they will either switch to a different role, making it harder to get raid groups together if 2-2-2-2 is needed or they will quit the game... history has shown this... these are facts not something I'm making up.

It could end 5 DPS raids sure but it could also lead to harder time finding the right roles if the jobs folks enjoy end up turning them off based off changes.
    • Like x 2
  9. MrB Dedicated Player

I heard there big revamps in the works, again for what time, then watched the live stream and got excited a bit. I play or should I say played HL so possibility of having all combos opened up sounded really good. Now after reading the replies on the testing threads I'm not sure if this revamp in gonna be anymore successful than the last 3 or 4 revamps. I'm gonna be honest and say that I have not tested anything, test is downloading at snails pace, but I do trust the people that have tested the powers mostly because I know their testing and they do a good job. I really hope the devs listen to them, actually listen unlike all the hl revamps suggestions.
    • Like x 2
  10. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

I like the way it's going because everything will be hybrid, you can run a raid without dps and be just fine...may take a little longer but it will be interesting to see.
  11. MrB Dedicated Player

I'm kinda foreseeing groups without dps as the new "it". Not because of the difference in damage but because supports will have everything of cool down and will need more support roles to cover those cool downs lol.

Gonna be kinda funny trying to figure out who screwed up their rotation by activating something too early can causing a wipe.
  12. SixSigma Well-Known Player

So glad it's going back to a more 2-2-2-2 format. Even if it's 3-1-2-2, that's still better than this stupid 5-1-1-1 format.
  13. Pults Loyal Player

This was expected after seeing the acceleration mods. I think it's for the best but not too happy about the CDs for pulls and cone taunts.
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i think i'm going to end up quitting the game.

:(
    • Like x 8
  15. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

For The most part Raid set ups will Probably look like this:
    Oly Reg 1 Tank 1 Heal 2 Trolls 4 Dps
    Oly Elite 1 Tank 2 Heals 2 Trolls 3 dps
    GOMr 2 Tanks 2 Heals 2 Trolls 2 Dps
    GOME 3 Tanks 2 Heals 2 Trolls 1 Dps
    Kct 1 Tank 1 Heal 2 Trolls 4 Dps
    Dwfr/e 2 Tanks 1 Heal 2 Trolls 3 Dps or 1 Tank 1 Heal 2 Trolls 4 Dps.
  16. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I think it's frikking excellent. Stacking dps should only be used for lower content. I think forced 2222 should be set into random duty finders but if you pre-built a group through lfg or league/friends you can have the setup you choose.
    • Like x 1
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

*sighs*

This is what I was trying to showcase earlier today.

One of the most steadfast supporters of the game doesn't like this system, he also probably isn't the only one.
    While this might not be something that turns off everyone, it probably will turn off a portion similar to the last major rehauls that changed everything.

I'm not sure if the game has enough stable population to survive another portion leaving the game.
    • Like x 6
  18. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You guy are testing an alpha build and acting like it's going live in 3 weeks. CALM DOWN. The game is not collapsing in on itself. It's being tested, at a very early stage.

Making decisions about staying or leaving shouldn't be based off of a few forum posts you've read from the FIRST DAY OF TESTING.

I swear, this forum community...

btw, why is this post here, and not in the testing forum, where it has been very clearly pointed out these types of posts should go?
    • Like x 3
  19. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

This is exactly what I was just talking about. One of the most steadfast supporters of the game doesn't like this system, based off of one day of testing, or worse, this forum post about one day of testing.

Did you even read the posts written specifically to combat these type of downer posts in the testing forum?

It's an alpha build folks. Still a long way from being complete. This is the most basice testing of systems.

Gve your feed back. Stop jumping to conclusions. Wait and see. Why is that so hard?

And for the record, I can't wait to go back to 2-2-2-2 if that's where we end up.
    • Like x 4
  20. MrB Dedicated Player

Given the previous history of revamps and updates you can see where some people are coming from. I really hope 5th time is the charm. Or which ever revamp number it is.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.