Is there something wrong with this...

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by KBikert, Feb 22, 2013.

1. KBikert New Player

I wanna play PVP matches, but am I the only one who gets put in matches that are severely mismatched. Getting stomped by people who I can't even damage and then kills me in 3 or 4 hits. Can't there be a system where your matched up against similar CR.
  2. PurpCity New Player

It would be nice but first there would have to be a pvp cr system (which I believe they hinted towards in the future)
    As it is now cr means absolutely nothing in pvp unless you choose to use power set pets (watcher, fury, turret, swarm etc).

Your best bet is to run legends as they still reward marks of tactics. Some legends seem to be a little stronger than others but everyone is on a level playing field more or less. This way you can still work towards a set of t2 (preferably t3) pvp gear before diving back in arenas.
  3. Dump Truck New Player

They should have both options
    Ranked - matches against similarly skilled/geared players - would require some form of pvp cr
    First available - matches against first available group.
    • Like x 4
  4. Mista E New Player

no cr system, what needs to be done is have marks of strat enarble in legends, and also the implementation of a private lobby system.

imo that will fix the miss matches
    • Like x 3
  5. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Like many have said, it would be nice. They do not have this in the game right now (For unknown reasons). So your best bet is to just do Legends until you are fully geared.. It's a shame but this is how the game is at this point in time.

They DO have a matchmaking system, since they pair lower levels with lower levels. Just not one for after 30.
  6. Mista E New Player

everyone is qqing about being missed match right now, but just wait when the devs hear your and qq add this dumb cr rating you are asking for, and then we are back to hour long ques and qq threads about que times...

think before you speak about splitting the ques. no cr is needed, just private lobbies and the ability to get marks of strat in legends.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mini Lini Loyal Player

There wouldn't be hour long ques. DCUO has the population to support CR matchmaking or lobbying (contrary to what trolls say). The reason for the long ques last time was because there was no only Villain vs Hero PvP and there were 5 times as many Heroes as Villains.

Lobby would be the best since the ques will not split then, you just would have a place for Premades to lobby against other Premades. You also have to take into account how many other players who only do PvE now would start PvPing more if they had a matchmaking system based on gear. You'd see a big influx of PvPers as word got around.

With that fixed now it would work fine. You don't have to worry though... As they stated before, PvP is not a top priority for them.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mista E New Player

they said they had the population to fix que times when mega servers hit and also when f2p hit... both worsened que times. right now the average que wait is 5-10 minuets, depending on what you are queing for. if you divide that pool according to cr ratings... it will increase que times... its simple. right now the ques are fine.

like i said before, to close the gear gap, make strat available in legends... where gear doesn't matter... and what we all were able to do prior to tier four dropping...

and add lobbies for premades. preety simple fixes... but like you said.. pvp is not a priority
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

I know a lot of people are afraid of splitting the queues any further, but when you have all these issues with pvp then people stop queuing altogether.. thus, longer queue times. I honestly think that's what we've been seeing, especially on the PC side. If a pvp cr gets people to queue up again then I'm all for it, though I don't know what the correct solution is honestly.

I'm afraid sony has lost the good faith of a lot of the community already. And I'm not talking just about the pvp community. The pvpers are still queuing up, it's the non-hardcore players that are avoiding arenas really.
  10. Mista E New Player

I agree with you for the most part, especialy with your last statement.
    But splitting the ques is not going to give the incentive people need inorder to pvp because of how the devs set up pvp. If they added a cr to the matchmaking system..this is whats will most likely happen... lower cr people will have faster ques, but once you get to the top tier it will get slowed down considerably because ...once you got t4 gear... why should you grind for marks??... and that once again leaves the people who actualy enjoy pvp to either suffer threw the slow t4 ques... or force us to dust off the t2 or t3 gear.... and another problem will be if you want to pvp with someone who has a lower cr than you, what do you do? if the restrictions don't allow lower tier and higher teir players play with eachother you drive yet another wedge between the community.

PvP is not pve and should not be affected by cr. Like i said before making marks of strat available in legends and a lobby system will fix these isues, splitting the ques will once again impact pvp and the pvp community in a negative fashion.
  11. JMBOO New Player

If you want to get your marks quicker, then take the beating in the Arenas and also do legends, as you will still get 1 mark of Tactics from each, even if you lose both matches.

But taking the beating in Arenas is how you learn to survive.

Everyone has had to take their lumps, and it really will make you better, especially if you pay attention to what the better players in the match are doing.

Also, if you are squishy, make sure to follow at least one Teammate at all times and let them lead. It will help you to stay alive a bit longer.

And always remember, the harder the struggle, the sweeter the triumph.

That is just what I think, though.
  12. Mista E New Player

this is how it used to be done, but the devs took that aspect out of pvp when they added the t4 stuff, because with that, you NEED to be in arena match, and you NEED to win, just so you could get 1 mark.
  13. Karasawa Loyal Player

Ya, I think you're right. It would pretty weird once you got full T4. But this is kind of what happens now anyways, isn't it? On PC side the only way to get a decent 5v5 is to organize it beforehand and sync up. Otherwise if you go form a premade and come across some pugs I think both groups know what's coming so they just go on cruise control. Full T4 gear is kind of like its own bracket whether we want it to be or not. Maybe it WOULD be better if the low tier people can fight each other, have fun, and be more motivated to enter that upper echelon.
  14. JMBOO New Player

And that is how long it has been since I really PvP'd.

I thought you still received that 1 Mark of Tactics even if you lost, but received 2 Marks of Tactics and 1 Strategy if you won.

No wonder people have a tough time gearing up.

I would not want to run Arenas either.

Thank you for the Heads -Up.
  15. Mista E New Player

if it happens anyways then why should there be an adjustment?

on the ps3 side we sync up too, threw 5v5 chat, but it is usualy only 5v5 that gets synced up, no other arenas.

Some people still need feats in the other maps aswell, and just because of their cr should they be penalized just because they got full t4?

but knowing soe, they probably will put in the cr requirments and take another dump on the pvp community.
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

Well currently undergeared people queuing up for 5s are likely to come across a premade and get smashed, then never want to come back so an adjustment could be had in that regard. I guess the only real solution is new players need to be able to get geared up faster. Being able to get strategy marks from legends would help. Being able to convert triumph into tactics would also help. Then it'd just be a matter of pugs getting a healer and troller in their group, which a lobby system could provide.
  17. Aiden Warren New Player

It would take weeks of coding for the devs to make a Match Making for CR based.
    But there is always Test Server for the devs to work.
    or make they should do this on the test server

Arena PVP
    For Each Map there should be 5 Sections of tiers under them
    Base - Level 9 (Forget which level is it for the base PVP Gear in PD's)- 30
    T1 - CR 45
    T2 - CR 56
    T3 - CR 64
    T4 - CR 75
    T5 - CR 80

so new players knows to where to que in, and high cr players cannot que in low tiers they are blocked.
    they will be blocked in this system
    T1 - CR 45 - 55
    T2 - CR 56 - 63
    T3 - CR 64 - 74
    T4 - CR 75 - 82
    T5 - CR 83+

When click on a map, a plus + will be on the left of it to expand and view the tiers.

just an idea. if you guys got other ideas :)
  18. Yallander Loyal Player

PVP CR is a really bad idea. I'd much rather play against someone in T2-T3 gear who can fight over someone in T4 who doesn't even know what a BBer is...trust me there are plenty of people that fit this description.

Hidden Win/Loss and stat ratios > CR....nuff said.
    • Like x 1
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^ This.
    And it's not as if they need to put everyone on a list, they could just have an set of checks, if they can form a good match do it, if not move on to next tier down, then next on down to checking everything.
  20. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I know we all can't agree what TYPE of matchmaking system to put in or not, though I think we all agree something should be done. I honestly like the idea of a matchmaking system (either CR or stats/win-loss). Though what Mista E was saying would also help. Having the ability to gain marks of strat through Legends matches by winning just like Arenas would be great as well.

This way you'd see nearly all PvPers able to be playing with the same gear (minus mods and such) in Arenas. Of course Premades would still win most times... You at least stand a chance this way. Like back when T2 was the highest.

I'm not a technical person so I don't know how hard it is for them to do these things, some person above said it'd take weeks, which to me does NOT sound bad compared to how long their power revamps take. I'd gladly wait some weeks for PvP to get a fix honestly. Just want it fun again.