Is there a way to stop my gear from being so shiny?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by killercomic, Jan 13, 2016.

1. killercomic Dedicated Player

I may be stupid, but I can't figure out how to tone down the shine. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thank You.
  2. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Try your color pallet?

Regards,
    M
  3. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Try different gear? Some gear is metal, others are not.
    • Like x 2
  4. Ichiro Loyal Player

Is this a particular style?
  5. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Lol some (Archer set) have top half that is matted while the bottem is metal and doesn't look right together....and that's the same style too lol.
    • Like x 2
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

You can adjust the brightness of the game in your settings, also the gamma or try wearing cloth items instead of metal items to stop making your gear shiny.
  7. killercomic Dedicated Player

Right now I'm wearing the "Thats Terrible" shirt and cargo pants. I've tried the pallet and makeup (for some reason). I just tried gamma and no luck. I still look like the **** from Pulp Fiction. Oh, well.
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Sounds like it might be your TV? You should look up a guide online for how to calibrate it. It's done through your television settings, rather than in game or via the console/PC. You may also want to take a look at your PC/console settings, too.

If that doesn't fix it, then I don't know what to suggest. When choosing a colour of the colour picker, make sure you stick towards the left hand side of the pallet. The right hand side features very saturated, strong colours. Left hand side is more desaturated colours. You'll probably want to stick to the lower half of the pallet, too, as the brighter colours tend to be at the top.

If you're referring to actual shine, as in reflected light, then no you won't be able to do anything about it, because the materials are set up with something called "specular" maps, which basically plot out which areas of CGI models are shiny and how much shine they have. To change that would require an artist to go into the game files and adjust the textures in a graphics program like Photoshop.
    • Like x 1
  9. killercomic Dedicated Player

The left side of the pallet helped a bit. I had no idea about the "specular" maps, so I guess I'll have to deal with it. Thank You for your help guys.
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Something I've been reporting for almost 5 years now lol. It's only the female legs that are bugged and its still ignored :(
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

That might be a product of the community. It seems that whenever a style was fixed in some fashion other that out and out errors such as clipping, enough the community complains that they liked the old version that they end up having to mollify them in some fashion.

I'm not saying the Archer style specifically shouldn't be changed but I can understand why they leave those reports untouched.
    • Like x 1
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

That is a long over due issue with many styles in this game. Funny thing is there are two types of some styles. One metal and others are matte. It is cool when you get both and you have two Barbarian styles for chest and legs as the metal one looks weird IMO where as the matte seems much better.