Is the Broker "Broken"?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DaiKaiJu, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DaiKaiJu New Player

When something is basically not working as intended, no?
    I went to Arkham Asylum to find Some collections, so I can get the Mailbox amenity. I managed to get 7 on the ground, and I also bought two I didn't have. That is 9/10 so far. But this is where it gets good in my opinion.
    Chirotophobia- a fear of "Bats" is in there for about 3 million to about 4 million with one at 5 million.

So I decide this not going to be possible, but maybe I can find a reasonable price for Auto Repair 101. I should have known better. 4 Million dollars across the board. Each one was the same. By this point I'm getting ready to accept the fact that people are greedy and not willing to compromise a decent price. Out of curiosity I look at Auras. Red auros went up as expected to 2 million due to the Rage.I could understand this happening.
    Then it happened-
    Plasmic Aura: 119,999,999...............

I'm SMH by this point..... I guess what I'm trying to say is, I know that while I'm not the Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne of this game, ((And I don't care who is)) but how many people do you really believe are going to afford these items while you are being a ****** by putting them at ridiculous prices... Maybe I'm just poor. Selling Exos don't go that far anymore. I sell reds for about 300 k area and do just about well while some people still sell for 1 million hoping to make a profit. I use to be around when that was possible, but not anymore.

I'm hoping the Devs would look at some of the broker prices and make it where when you start putting item's in the broker at the price of a million+, you will have to start risking half or the price you are requesting.

Examples- Selling for 1,000,000 would mean you would have to deposit 500,000. Selling for 4,000,000 would mean you would have to deposit 2,000,000.

I feel this would put a squeeze on people trying to "show out" and commit highway robbery through the broker.
    I do want to know how other players feel about the Broker? Am I just the only one feeling this way? Do you have any ideas? Post them here if so. ((This is my first broker reading, and I'm not going to necro an older thread so if you got a"Not another one of these threads" attitudes I'll report you. Kthxbye))

PS- PS3/Hero side. this is where where i have to buy.
  2. Solutha New Player

Not sure what server you are on but 2-4 mil for those collections seem cheap to me. I have about 200-300 million across all my characters but that because I know how to make money in this game. Exos are a good source of income but its not the best.

increasing the broker price will just cause people to sell them in trade.
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Whilst the prices are crazy, I don't see how a marketplace where the players set the prices can be considered broken because the prices are now out of what you expected you'd need to pay. That's like saying eBay is broken because the item you wanted to buy was more than it was a few months ago.
  4. DaiKaiJu New Player

Maybe I'm just poor then, but I still see the same collection just gathering dust in the broker most of the time. I'm not saying I won't work and sell exos to get what I need to make the profit to buy it, but it just seems like people can set high prices without consequence and making the value what every they want.
    There is always a base value to any item that is a little bit more reasonable vs " Cause I said so" logic.
  5. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Wow...on USPC a Plasmic Aura price that is considered "acceptable" by most is 15-20 Mill tops.
    • Like x 1
  6. DaiKaiJu New Player

All I'm asking for is some common sense, But when you allow people to monopolize items, it can become hard to get them. It really comes down to setting up rules for this type of behavior in my opinion. Like I said, You want to set a Aura for 10 Million, that is fine, but will you do it, when you have to deposit 5 million out of your pocket just to try and make it big?
    I'm sure you will rethink your decision depending on how desperate you are vs how hot the said item will sell.
  7. Myrdin69 New Player

the more money there is to buy thing, the more you will have to pay for everything, and the different money glitch produce a lot of money

so no the broker isn't precisely broken, its the economy
  8. DaiKaiJu New Player

Yea I understand that more money begs people to try and get it from you, but i hope tey understand that most people I'm sure get banned for the hacks anyways. I see People don't really seem to be as bothered by this as I am, but when they need something that is rare and only available i a quick and easy fashion form the broker at a price they can not afford, they might change their feelings or simply find a way to cheat, or grind for it.

One way or the other, I have gathered the knowledge needed from this thread for the moment. I expect it to fall to the bottom now.
  9. Swamarian Committed Player

They are wasting money on broker fees, though.
    • Like x 1
  10. DaiKaiJu New Player

only like a fraction of the cost though.
    I just want there to be an actual penalty where people will either got big, or go home.
    It's like saying you will sell your junk car, you don't even drive, to your friend for 1,000 dollars when you got it for free from your uncle.
    If he agree, you just made a profit, if he says Dream on, you can throw up the Trolling/YOLO/JK flag and save yourself the bigger humiliation of getting rejected.

The fraction deposit on the "millions" people make on the broker, is not enough of a penalty to humiliate someone when they realize no one is going to buy their item at their "inflated" prices.
  11. Burnt New Player

At one time I paid 12 mil for Auto Repair 101 I've since made that money back countless times over. Earning money is basically the super easy side game to the game itself.