Is it only me or is Quantum "overrated"

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Red Skorpion, May 12, 2013.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I think Quantum and Light are tied for DPS and Mental and Gadgets are tied for best trolling. Quantum is just too awesome! :) I just wish there were blue lantern powers :/ but everything else is ok! :D
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Quantum has a lot of area attacks and stunning attacks. Mental on the other hand has less area attacks and a lot of stunning attacks though. Are attacks are low just like gadgets (except supercharge) Ice, fire, sorcery and quantum have so far the best area attacks or support. Healing circle for Sorcery and Quantum for dps, Fire and ice to distrcact
  3. TrueMarvel New Player

No. You probably expected it to be overpowered and got disappointed
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I would give Fire a B
    Ice -A
    Earth C+
    Quantum A+ :D :D :D
    Lightning A
    Sorcery B+
    Gadgets A
    Nature C-
    Light A+
  5. TrueMarvel New Player

Gadgets is the red-headed stepchild of trolling. only class without a shield-POT SC. it is most certainly not the best. People prefer the others.
  6. heyhowslifebro New Player

I don't know. When I first started I trolled and dps with mental and gadgets, and after 50 sp I deleted those toons. I went with light for troll only up until 86 sp when I switched to quantum troll/dps. I love light trolling best but I find the quantum to be better for trolling because of the group shield. It shields and gives power. Quantum pot moves arent as good as light, mental, or gadgets. mental and gadgets are kinda boring to start with while light and quantum are fun throughout. I have to disagree, quantum is one of the better troll powers.
  7. Ice Knight Well-Known Player

Quantum Dps is crazy good, their powers just hit so hard, gravity bomb is crazy burst and AoE at same time and doesnt really split at all, same with Singularity which is really good burst-AoE and DoT-AoE and doesnt even split damage. By far one of the Best Dps power sets in the game with Hardlight, Gadgets, and Mental.
  8. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

Mental and now HL has a group sheld ..... but i think i can see ur arguement for what it is ". mental and gadgets are kinda boring to start"
    they might be but they are more effective i don't have time to explain. but note that most mental and gadgets debuffs do multiple things ....
    • Like x 1
  9. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

for one:. mental and gadgets are kinda boring to start (this is an opionon)
    for two:all i saw was dmg when i was talking about the trolling part of it
    for three: Mental dps> quantum for T5 (even w/ fake dmg)
  10. Lynx Committed Player

I've been doing pretty well with quantum so far, but granted I havent hit the upper tiers of pve yet.

I tend to run with this loadout:
    Tachyon Blast (Power over time / 2 target control)
    Temporal Extortion (Instant Power / Self Might & Precision)
    Warped Reality (Self damage buff / chance to control on attack)
    Quantum Tunneling (teleport / control break)
    Time Bubble (Self Shield)
    Event Horizon (Team shield & Power over time supercharge)

I run with dual pistols, and with warped reality up using the dual pistols ranged hold attack I can pretty reliably stick CC to entire groups. For a controller, the damage output is pretty hefty too.
  11. REEEPR New Player

All i know is if you put a Mental & Quantum set of trolls together you get lightning and thunder, Peanut butter & Jelly, Ham & Eggs. From a mental trollers perspective, i love you blue Q trolls by my side. Sh*t's getting locked down with those two powersets working a raid. Horrific Visage + Black hole grenade = OMG the healers are bored and off making a sandwich somewhere.

Picture Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd trapping some ghosts. This is mental & Quantum working together "Pro Style"

I haven't Gadget trolled big stuff yet but I use to HL troll only. I kinda miss it :(

Trolls are supposed to compliment each other, not compete like DPS'. Competition among dps is a beautiful thing that pushes players beyond their percieved limits. Competition between Trollers can lead to problems in the long run just like it does with healers.
  12. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

u have no debuffs
  13. Ice Knight Well-Known Player

trust me man , Quantum is slightly better than Mental in Dps
  14. 13igtyme Devoted Player

For T5 raids, I strongly disagree. ;)
  15. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

The burst damage, provided by quantum, isn't that appealing nor is it something that mental doesn't have or is better at

Menace vs warped Reality
    Warped reality provides PI while menace amplifies PI
    difference
    both can gain a might tick on weapon attack and adds the dmg of moves that already does additional dmg. while WR only provides PI.....I don't think either really has a cool down ..... but menance amplifies PI

mass Terror vs Gravity well
    one ticks 7(GW) times the other 5(MT) times but mass terrror's AOE is Larger and the dmg from both in nearly identical but (MT) is likely to hit more targets....also note that Mass terror provides the PI (menance will ampify this making the second hit do add. dmg)

Phantom flames vs Singlarity
    nearly identical in dmg but i think whith menance up PF might do a bit more damge, both provide i think 12 ticks of mediocre dmg

Teycheon Blast vs Teleconetic bolt: no difference at all neither activates w/o the better DPS'ing PI but the are benefitical as a 60% modifier if you use the hand mod that longates this.... but if ur able to incase w/ Thought buble Telebolt still get PI boost.

thought buble vs Gravity bomb.... A DOT w/ 8 ticks with great dmg Gravity bomb while this move does burst dmg and is best for killing ads not for bosses as you would see in the nexus

60%-60% again menance amplifies terror

in closing: the easiest form of DPSing is mental work through your DOT's and 60%(for dmg mod) and keep menance up and you can spam your weapon which

at 2800 might menance can hit from 300-1800 so if your say using duel pistol (jsut exp) you will see might ticks in addition to your prec. ticks that will be around 300-1800 dmg..but if your dots are hitting (3 sets avg 500, 400,100 not including the first two hits are avg north of 1000 for 2 of them) while your using your weapon which should avg 500 dmg (i assum w/o crits) in 5 seconds and in thoese 5 seconds 5 moves are going off simotaniously which is y mental is not an ad-killing pwr its for bosses..... and u can't beat a raid only killing ads fast ... you can agree or disagree yet quantum make work better for some than other but hey i saw nothing from that pwr but 10 vit and flash that made me not wanna go back to mental

also note that starting the match w/ tbolt menance clip and go into mass terror and phantom flames wi get your escalting might neck to hit hardest on this move
  16. heyhowslifebro New Player

I made a mistake. I meant to say that in my opinion, quantum is one of the better troll powers for power out and group shield. Debuffs, idk I'm not well versed in that respect. HL debuffs suck to me, quantum and mental, I noticed something but in gadgets, I went for DPS (stupidly) so idk about that. Power dumps and p.o.t. are my main focuses and quantum did well for me out of them all, with HL second, then mental. Gadgets, I just did not like at all.
  17. heyhowslifebro New Player

For their respective roles and not DPS, I would say
    Fire B-
    Ice A+
    Earth C-
    Quantum A+
    Light B+
    Mental B
    Gadgets B-
    Sorcery A++
    Nature B
    Electricity B-/C+
  18. GrimmwoodBlack Well-Known Player

Personally I think Quantum is the best power set in game. But thats just my opinion :)
  19. Fermatta New Player

I dont know about everyone else but quantam has GREAT AoE and single target control. I think alot of powers from space go unnoticed. Sure gravitronic field doesnt hold 2 people but it GROUNDS which is really helpful and hilarious in alot of situations.
    Also i think Lift is underrated from the space tree. Its by far the quickest and lowest power hold out of the entire tree. Its possible to cast it fast enough on a group to hold them all 1 by 1 in a couple seconds.
    As far as AoE, Gravity well after a well placed singularity on the tank makes his life alot easier when drawing aggro and what not or herding for AoE DPS.
    Lastly Event Horizon is a Godsend redeeming power. Cant tell you how many times i have prevented a group wipe with that move.
  20. Objeckt Well-Known Player

I disagree. If it wasn't for Quantum tunneling when I troll, I would be back to mental in a second just for the DPS. For T5 anyway.