Is it me or is Dual Wield getting free hits before they can get blocked?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Zylo, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Zylo Committed Player

isint it suppose to be when the 4th hit is done the 5th can be blocked? am getting hit more than 6times and blocking isint sending them onto there behind. they just keep swinging away. am i blocking at a bad time or does it have to be made at a specific special moment?
  2. Satla Well-Known Player

doesnt matter which number of tap you blocked, you need to block 3 taps to successfully block the opponent.
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

Not all weapons work that way. Martial Arts, for example, needs for taps for the counter. I thought dual wield also needed 4, but I guess they get even more hits. This inconsistency is one concern I have with the combat mechanics. You can't really block a dual wield user because they have too much of a reaction time to throw out their tap BB. MA is a little different because players go into their hold attacks much sooner, which a block will counter regardless of taps.
  4. Redscreen5 New Player

Best way to block the wielders is to try hardest and block the crit combo. It's hard but genuinely if I'm fighting one if I don't get the block after the hit lands I'll release block otherwise theyll counter you constantly. It's not un-blockble, you've just got to get the latter stages of the combos.
  5. Thechemicals New Player

The reason for this is for 2 reasons,

1. dual wielding has a special attack that may make it seem like they are hitting you more often through your blocks. They can hit you with any combo and not finish that combo by holding right click and release the special attack that cant be countered by blocking. This made dual wielding extrmely popular when the game came but less popular when people found out that you can use an interupt and knock them down silly when they do this. The combo basically connects to any combo, sort of like a filler. So someone can swing 3 times and instead of doing a combo...they hold right click and do the special combo.

2. The second reason is because dual wielding is very fast and the games response time (basically the time youll see what he is doing) is slowed by .5 of a second. Everyone is under this .5 response and dual wielding is again...a very fast weapon. If you lag even a little against it...youll believe someone is sneaking free hits in, when in truth, those hits successfully hit you .5 second before you blocked. Now you might say "well im seeing them swing at me while im blocking", and that is because your own screen doesnt suffer the .5 response, but your opponent will see you block .5 seconds after you have done it. Its further explained in some archaic thread somewhere but the truth of pvp skill and being the best player is all about the .5 second response rule and mastering it.