Is DCUO Doing Something For Batman's 80th Anniversary?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Mar 5, 2019.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is it just me, or does that look more like an armoured bunny than a bat? o_O
    • Like x 3
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The linked article is pretty dumb. Here in Austin, ~1.5 million bats fly over the bridge every night when it's not winter. They're not releasing any new ones.
    • Like x 3
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Hmm. Learn something new every day. Thanks for the info, Mepps!

Considering the fact that I saw about a dozen other comic websites pick up on the same announcement included in DC's Batman 80 Press Release, it might be a good idea for folks in Austin to spread that knowledge around - though it does make me wonder whether or not that kind of information would help tourism or hurt it. :oops:
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

There are a lot of events around the bats, they've been used in tourism for a while now. I know the Atheist Community of Austin has an annual Bat Cruise where they take a boat out and watch the bats flying around. I grew up in the south, so maybe that's why I'd heard about it, but I thought it was one of those things that most people knew. I do suppose keeping up with all of the unusual things in Austin could be a full time job. It tends to draw in some eccentric people.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I love sky puppies.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Make those rocket launcher pods a Shoulder Style and I'll take it! I could definitely make use of those... paired up with the Visitor's Back Style... ooooh yeah! :D
    • Like x 1
  9. myandria Item Storage

Haha...haaahahaaa!

BATLABOR: The Complete Series!
    • Like x 2
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Wish it was a trinket w a updated batdrone w oracle talking
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

DCUO Insiders tell me that there's been a *lot* of money spent recording Ben Affleck's voice talent to replace the old Kevin Conroy voice parts... when he's now hanging up his cape. Similarly, Mark Hammill's Joker will be over-dubbed by - wait for it - James Marsters. Not content with being Luthor I guess? Or maybe they have him on contract.
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Could be worse: they could have used Bale :eek:
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

I want Batwoman's costume and hairstyle specially, in the MP.
  15. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Bale gave us a Batman we could believe in, in more ways than one.
    I personally think Christian bale is the best Batman ever on film.
    Some ppl always mention the voice, yet it’s really just a clever way of maintaining one’s secret identity while scaring the bejesus out of more fragile opponents. Other than that he was fantastic imo. And including the dark knight rises are the best superhero movies ever
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Adam West made Batman believable as a person, Christian Bale made Batman Believable as hero, and Kevin Conroy in an animated format gave Batman a new life in a way that crumbling old Justice Leagues or Brave and the Bold Teamup comics couldnt. Keaton gets an honorable mention...he grew into the role most...even more than West with whole TV seasons to mature...in the first movie he acts like the help more than Bruce Wayne and comes off like a guy who cant quite move or see through his goth clown costume...a classic example of Charlton Hestons winning the horse race...just stay on the damn horse and youll win...its in the script...by the third movie you begin to see a man who begins to understand he does more than protect..he owns Gotham...as in you helped break it so you bought it...and the action scenes at least in theory begin to be watchable
  18. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Amen. For real and forever have Bruce retire, marry Selina, create a home for himself and just let Grayson be the Bat of the 20s and Terry be the Bat of the 60s.
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

But hes not batman anymore, also id be stunned if they traded out THE Batman and THE Joker. They are seen as the personas of their respective characters. It be like Susan Eisenberg giving back up her voice acting role with Gina again. Gina wasnt bad but wasnt a good fit for this games incarnation of Wonderwoman. IMO she was far better suited for the New 52 Wonder-Woman more then anything
  20. myandria Item Storage

Oh my...

I guess that bridge doesn't need any more crap. :D