Iron Man, greatest movie ever made

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Mint Stiletto, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

There are a bunch of great (hopefully) super hero movies just about to come out.
    And I for one am wetting my britches in anticipation for BvS as well as Civil War...HOLY CRAP! If you guys are anything like me you are shaking in your shoes to see those movies regardless of what you think or hope they will deliver.
    Tonight is my BDay! Yay Me! After fun time married guy fun(details withheld for content...) I watched Iron Man again. GDamn Iron Man is SO good!
    Call me a fanboy...I don't care cause I'm not hung up on that kind of shyte, I am not a MarvelvDC just a comic fanboy.
    I just turned 42 and I have comics that are worth more money than any of the cars I own.DC and Marvel.:D

But back to the point here, I think Iron Man is one of the greatest movies ever made, not one of the greatest comic book movies ever made but one of the greatest movies ever made.
    Go watch it again and then post here what ya think.

My reasons...
    They updated the story a bit from the reds(commies) to the more modern bad guys but did a fantastic job with it.
    The casting was BRILLIANT! RDJ was BORN to play Tony...I mean DAMN, he WAS Tony!
    The FX....HOLY crap! There was a really for real looking Iron Man flying around doing really for real Iron Man stuff!!!

Go watch Iron Man before responding......GDAMN it's Sooooo good!

What do you guys think?
    And PLEASE no MarvelvDC crap, I'm talking just this movie, cause DAMN! It's been really hard for me ever since I went to see Iron Man 4 times to not compare every movie to it,
    • Like x 2
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

It is a great movie. One of the best superhero movies.
  3. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I love drunken posts :D

That being said I like the movie Iron Man a lot and I think as a whole it did do good job of modernizing the story but putting their own twist on it. Without it's success we never would have been able to get all the movies that we have been able to get.

That being said I'm not sure I could argue if it's one of the greatest movies of all time but hey those lists are all people's choice anyways right? As long as the movie is good, what else matters :p
  4. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Thank Jon Favreau for not giving up on RDJ, even though there was quite a bit of resistance at first.

Flashback time:

Comic Con Iron Man Panel Trailer debut 2007. Despite the poor audio and video this leaked video still gives me chills, because of the fan reaction. We live in the new golden age of comic book movies with the MCU and it all started with this one.

Full Iron Man 2007 Comic Con Panel:

5. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Young Iron Man with a young "Iron" Mike.
    • Like x 1
  6. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Who is the third one? o_O
  8. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. A 30 year old playing a high schooler.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh right, refuse to watch "Amazing Spider-Man" (if they hadn't rehashed his origin, less than five years after Spider-Emo, might have watched it)

Thought he was Daredevil
  10. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Wow a mint stiletto post! Wait... this isn't about watermelons though.
  11. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Secret identity successful!
    • Like x 1
  12. Bhanqwa Well-Known Player

I loved the movie, but was annoyed at how supermacgyver wasn't able to make ironman grade weapons before designing the suit.
  13. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Iron Man was and is a truly great Movie and set the stage and precedent for everything that followed, a lot of people hate on the 2nd and 3rd movies and granted they're not as good but I'm a Marvel fan and still think they're great fun. RDJ was made to play Tony Stark hands down the best person for the role. If your in the mood to re-watch the 1st films in the MCU watch Captain America again, I personally think it to was a great movie. I really haven't been disappointed by any of the MCU movies yet they're all great in my book.
    • Like x 1
  14. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Huh? It was his injuries and his experience as a P.o.W that had a transformative effect that actually forced him to revisit the arc reactor idea his father started years earlier. He was perfectly fine with, but probably not very challenged, making bad-*** weapons for the military worth billions til he realized his weapons was also being used against our own soldiers.
    • Like x 2
  15. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Not sure what you mean by "ironman grade weapons", but if you're referring to the repulsors seen here:
    [IMG],

this technology was already in use in the Jericho Missile.
  16. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Eh, i dont even have it in my top 5 comic book movies lol. I have it behind the 2nd Captain America movie. I thought it was good until near the end really. I just found the fight at the end super cheesy to the fullest. Obadiah needed to build a giant iron man suit to fight iron man was just lame. That line when Paltrow says "Obadiah's gone mad!" just made it even feel more corny.

At that time i felt Marvel's idea of making a bad villain seemed to go with a taller, bigger version of the hero. Just like in Hulk, they decided the big bad would be a bigger version of Hulk. It wasnt until Heath Ledger's Joker that we saw a villain clearly outmatched physically, yet still able to create so much chaos and even have an advantage over the hero at times.
  17. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

The Dark Knight's Joker used a variation of the same plan that the Riddler & Two-Face used in Batman Forever... Twice. Just saying,still a great movie though.

18. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Those same plans have been in comics and comic books movies a million times. The Dark Knight's Joker just did it with its own flair, plus he had several other plans going on too.
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

This guy would like to have a few words with on that matter...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1