Iron man 3 tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ace1, May 2, 2013.

1. LL New Player

I loved the end, after the credits..laughed and just loved the nod to e fans. :)
  2. SuperBell Loyal Player

Compared to Jon Favreau, it was a little more corny. And the end credits were terribly 70's lame.

And Batman and Robin didn't have Batman running around on a pier trying to get rid of a bomb. It's relative. But it doesn't make this movie any less corny than the first two. I didn't say Blue was in the end credits, my point was just using that song. The time frame doesn't matter seeng Iron Man and Back in Black weren't used for their chronological significance. Hell, if they wanted to use a song from '99 there are so many others that they could have used. I don't even dislike the song, it's just not a fit with the other movies. One of many things that made me a sad Mandarin.
  3. LL New Player

Wow ur hard to please....umm. Jon was In the film,in case u missed it?

And the end credits, it was done with a style choice....I guess u missed that...wow, just wow...it was supposed to be fun...please don't invite me to any of your parties
  4. SuperBell Loyal Player

I'm really not hard to please. I'm one of the few that actually liked Daredevil, both Fantastic Fours, both Ghostriders, and both post Lungren Punishers. And I'm not saying I don't like this movie... yet, I'm still sitting on it.

Anyway, I know Jon was in it, he wasn't directing it. that was my point. And I get the style choice for the credits, and I didn't not like the style. I'm an 80's kid (born late 79) so don't think I think 70's is some far off time. I was raised with their fresh reruns. I was cringing with IM3's credits.
  5. LL New Player

Again I guess we agree to disagree, all the marvel movies u brought up, most think are crap, lol I think they are crap....u can throw in wolverine orgins as well...lets hope they fix that goof
    • Like x 1
  6. LL New Player

But I have to ask why is jon in it if he thinks its crap? If its cause of money?...then why do u hold him to such a high standard?
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

I don't know if he thinks it's crap. He's a producer on this. Maybe for the money, who knows. I just like his direction better.
  8. LL New Player

Can we at least agree the movie is better then the second one. :)
  9. Meta Flare New Player

Just got back from the theater and I gotta say it wasn't as good as I was hoping. And I didn't like what "the mandarin" was. I was pretty let down by that actually. I think I went in with expectations that were too high. Ironman is my fav super and wanted more, especially after the avengers.

I liked the credits they were...campy and it was kinda cool. Also liked the after credits even though I was hoping to see something about the guardians of the universe but what evs.
  10. LL New Player

I agree with what they did to mandarin. I like that villian. I can live with it and enjoyed the film. I am with u on the credits, loved it. :)...I doubt they would tease anything to so with guardians with this movie, as sadly this could be the last with Robert. He had to do 3 iron man movies, it is now over, unless he decides to do more.
  11. Meta Flare New Player

I know, no more Robert. It sucks, but we still got avengers 2 3.

I knew there wouldn't be any guardians but I was hoping. I think at the end of av2 it will be there. I was really hoping to see rocket raccoon come on the screen an beat some one up lol.

Also I think ironman (whether it will be Downey or not idk) will be in the hulk 2 or more likely 3. At the end of the first he tells the general he can help, plus the end of im3 it's just the two of them. Also at one point he uses the hulk buster to fight him when Bruce loses control. I know it prob wont happen but I can dream.
  12. LL New Player

I know Robert likes playing the char, but it is grueling to play those types of roles..being on the wires, makeup, and the action sequences can get old. Especially when u get older....:). He as far as I heard would like to take a break. They paid him a back end deal to get him on avengers I'm pretty sure, he made a lot by doing avengers.

Love it u want to see rocket raccoon, I now get why u liked the end credits...lol.....
  13. Meta Flare New Player

Lol...I think it would be awesome to see a raccoon with dual laser pistols kicking butt. In fact I want a raccoon skin in dc now lol.

Yeah I know, it sucks that they didn't make the movies sooner. With making so many so close together I bet he got hurts a few times. As far as money goes, unless he is stupid and starts doing drugs again he will never have to work again after all these movies.

What did you think of the Thor trailer?
  14. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

I think Iron Man 3 was okay. RDJ killed it in his performance as Tony Stark but the rest of the movie felt....empty. I mean I liked the humor, and the kid actor was cool, but the rest was like ummmmm okay. I haven't read any Iron Man comics, but even I was taken aback with The Mandarin. I was like "Wut da fooook!?" Okay. Weird. lol
  15. Meta Flare New Player

Oh an do you know which version of the guardians they are using. I'm assuming the new one right?
  16. LL New Player

He at this point would never have to work again anyway. I hope he is beyond the drug issues, I have loved his talent since the 80s and I hope he stays clean. In fact had a convo about this earlier tonight with another person, he is fantastic, and I have always rooted for him. I am a huge Charlie Chaplin fan, if u can; see Chaplin, Robert killed it, he is amazing. I still thank Mel Gibson every day for saving his career. :). I also think his wife has grounded him. :)

It is more than money, unless u have been around sets u don't know how grueling action movies can be. Those wires are not comfortable at all. Let alone all the other stuff.

I actually liked the Thor trailer. I never thought I would like Thor as a film, but they proved me wrong. I am expecting them to kill off Natalie's char though....she did not want to be in this movie, however she signed a multi picture contract.

I think u will see ur tease for guardians either in Thor or avengers 2
  17. LL New Player

Yeah it was pc that killed the mandarin....if u care ew actually has an interview of why they went the way they did with the char.
  18. Meta Flare New Player

I was shocked at how much better this Thor looked than the first cuz the first was almost as bad as the green lantern movie.

Don't answer my guardians question cuz I just looked. I don't like who they got to be the lead. Also I'm curious who will be rockets voice. And what grot will be like. I feel like micheal Clark Duncan could have been his voice but obviously that can't happen so maybe Phil lamaar.

Also is it me or does it seem like Natalie portman is a female dog in real life?
  19. Meta Flare New Player

Where can I find the interview?
  20. LL New Player

Ew.com...sorry I was not clear entertainment weekly....