Ionized Gas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

So there was a hotfix where ionized gas was dropping to frequent. How? Who was getting them all the time? In two weeks, my main character only managed to get 1. I believe another character got like 2, I have two that have 4 , and 1 with three. They are not dropping that frequent, so I wonder how they got that idea.
    • Like x 11
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah I have no idea what kind of metrics were saying they were dropping too frequently at all, because that was absolutely not the case.
    • Like x 6
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not here. I've got a total of 4....and I've been running on 2 310+ toons daily since day 1. Granted I don't always get the alert in, but I know they drop from daily boxes.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Why would they lower this, even if it was dropping more than they wanted?
    • Like x 5
  5. CrownedSolomon New Player

Prior to this update, I had gotten exactly 2 whole Ionized Gas drops and 1 Faraday Cage after doing all of the dailies and weekly content every day / week. I don't know where they got the idea that it was dropping too frequently, but that clearly was not the case.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Because of incomplete data, IG was dropping 3x more often than QCS was, which was dropping less often than intended. They were all intended to take about the same amount of time to acquire, so that was fixed and the overall time required was shortened a little.

If you are saying they are all still taking too long in your opinion, that's feedback and totally get it.

If you are saying you were seeing IG less than QCS, that's something we'll want to look into again because that's not what was in the data w/o a bug somewhere. Please keep in mind, though, that randomness is impossible for the human mind to grasp with the small sample sizes our short lives offer.
    • Like x 8
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As far as I'm aware they don't drop in the alert anyway.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Running on the toons I had access to the 310+ drops, up until the update I had 2 IGs drop. I had about 8-9 shards, not including the ones I got direct from Static with the goggles. All in all that was over about 50 cycles of bounties across multiple toons, the most of which is about at the 25 mark for the bounty counts.

0 Faraday cages BTW...but I think those are raid only.
    • Like x 2
  9. CrownedSolomon New Player

I have received in total around 20 crystals in the same amount of time that I have received 2 Ionized Gas. Of course the fact that crystals drop from bounties is a huge thing to consider. However, the drop rate for IG has always been very low for me, and by the looks of it, for most other players.

If I may suggest, would it be possible to add Ionized Gas and Faraday Cages to the vendor bot for a reasonable amount of Time Beacons? Considering that you can get Time Beacons through bounties, which players ultimately need to do to get Encryption Keys for their OP Goggles, while also getting crystals to level up their OP Goggles; by adding those to the bot, you will allow players to buy the required stuff with in-game currency. This will also help keep bounties alive for the time being. By reasonable pricing, I don't mean 999 Time Beacons per Ionized Gas or Faraday Cage.. I mean more like 200 Time Beacons.

Since this update has gone live, I have not seen any increase in the drop rate of crystals; instead, the drop rate seems to have lowered. In addition to that, I have not seen any Ionized Gas or Faraday Cages either. In summary, it appears that everything is now even more rare to get as a drop.

My OP Goggles are currently stuck at the breakthrough for rank 16 because I don't have the required Faraday Cages or Ionized Gas. I have 9 Encryption Keys (1 was used for the first breakthrough). I also have 12 crystals ready to help level up my goggles further. None of my crystals were purchased from the broker or player, they were all dropped prior to this update which is claimed to have made them more common as drops.

I completed my first breakthrough last week. For the first breakthrough, I managed to get 1 Faraday Cage from the raid and I had to buy 2 Ionized Gas from the broker. Since breaking through the first rank, I have gotten 2 Ionized Gas and 0 Faraday Cages so far. In the same amount of time, I have managed to get 12 extra crystals, plus the 8 for the first breakthrough, which totals to 20.

In summary, since the DLC came out, I have gotten the following (all of these were obtained prior to this update which appears to have made everything more rare):

x20 Quintile Crystals
    x2 Ionized Gas
    x1 Faraday Cage

The above were obtained from playing the game on a daily basis and completing bounties every day for around 10 hours give or take. This includes doing all 4 daily missions every day, the alert every day and the raid every week. If getting 2 IG's in 2 weeks, prior to this update was considered "too common" then I fear what the drop rate is now... I might get 1 a month... maybe...

EDIT: I have lost count of how many bounties I have done, but I completed all of the bounty related feats last week.
    • Like x 2
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Its tricky because the smaller the size of the data, the more biased your perception about probability is. I have seen friends open 10 time capsules and get a neon, others opened 100 and didnt get one. The first one would think neon drops 10% of the time, the other less than 1%, when both are false.

I got a faraday cage in 35% to 40 of my runs and a ionezed in 25 to 30% of the boxes I opened, so pretty frequently to me. It os all a matter of checking the hard data atm
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

But as Mepps is asking about our experience, just about all personal feedback should be valid, even if it's not 100% across the board. Sure someone might get a crystal per boss (that jerk), but he might be the same guy who gets a 1st try breakthrough on a 'no SOC' 200 arti or 5 neons out of 5 TCs....I don't think anyone would consider him the norm.

Just look at the broker for a gauge. Prices are still holding high on all the OP items. While OP items are normally very high the first week, they start dropping soon after the whales take care of their 1st week 'gotta have it' spamming/selling/buying. Add to that the fact that IF chances are raised up now, while we might not see prices drop right away, we should see more quantity of the OP items in the broker. As of last night IGs were still around 2 pages deep and crystals 5 or 6...similar to how many have been there since day 1.
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Quick additional question. Can you confirm or deny that Crystals and IGs should be dropping for either A) under 310 CR toons or B) toons over 310 that are F2P/Premium but do not OWN the DLC....basically the event players. I say neither is true, but some have said they have gotten crystals in both of these cases.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

The other option is you give players the active choice to bypass the, sometimes awful RNG, if it decides we're not worthy of receiving enough QCS and IG's in the time our short lives offer (without further altering drop rates I might add) by allowing us to buy IG's and QCS's on the vendor somewhere for bounty currency, even if expensive, it gives players options.
    • Like x 3
  14. Brit Loyal Player

I run every single one of the dailies, every single day, on 4 separate 310+ characters.

I have received 3 gas since the release of the Legion episode.

I run the raid weekly and the alert daily on just my main.

I have received 3 faraday cages as well.

This is not a very good sample size, obviously, but it does seem to me that since we need more Gas than we do Cages, and since Gas drops less frequently than Cages, ultimately the gas will be what takes forever to get, lagging far behind when we have finished all other components.

I understand that not everything can have the same drop rate, because when working with different lootlocks, you will see different results. 1% from an alert gives you a 7% chance per week, while 1% from a raid is just 1%.

Ideally, the drop rate when performing all lootlocks would end up being on pace with each other.

For example, Faraday Cages drop from the Alert and Raid. That is 8 chances per week.

Ionized Gas is from the Dailies and weeklies. That is 30 chances per week.

But then modify the drop rate based on the total number needed. Since we require 22 total Gas, but only 11 Cages, the end odds should be something along the lines of:

If Faraday Cages are 1/8, then Gas should be 1/15. That way most players will complete both at roughly the same time.
    • Like x 2
  15. Yaiba Committed Player

I have 2 characters, and during 2 weeks, i got 11 IG, and 33 QCS :p
  16. Red Raptor Active Player

If i am not mistaken we need roughly 55 quintile shards to complete the face. If my math is correct the elite weapon, rings, and neck requires 20 hours, the catalysts for the op face require 20 hours, and the gen mods require 18 hours for a total of 58 hours. That doesn't include the enhanced purple style either.

So why can't quintile shards be a guaranteed 1 per hour drop rate? This lines up with the hours required to obtain all the rewards for doing the bounties.
    • Like x 1
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As a personal opinion, i liked the way we had to farm for the first part of the OP Back from JLD (Demonic Chaos Essence) the most of them all.
    A simple grind of basic enemies anyone could kill and those who put some time into it could make a decent amount of money.

Since you needed 300 or so of them they dropped more frequently of course and considering the amount of catalysts you need right now, it could be around the same time to accuire those, but having 10/300 dropped per day feels far more rewarding than 2 every week.

Maybe you could add extra drop chances for the Quintile Crystal Shards on every sub-boss encounter during those bounty fights.
    This would make it feel more rewarding to fight these bounties and on top you won't try to kill every bounty within 30 seconds and then wait for 5 minutes until the next spawns...
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

7 Characters run today.

28 Daily Legion Loot Boxes
    14 Weekly Legion Loot Boxes

Only 2 Ionized Gases

The ionized gases also only ever dropped from the Weekly Legion Boxes, so if I was only playing 1 character and that pattern were to continue that's 7 weeks of running content just for 2 Ionized Gases,

Consider you need quite a lot of these for the mask, that doesn't really seem fair to me...
    • Like x 6
  19. Pinky Well-Known Player

Do you need to be CR 310 and above in order to be able to loot the Ionized Gas?

I mean does the Ionized Gas drop for Event boosted characters?
  20. Proxystar #Perception

No, I don't think it does from what I'm told I haven't tried a character below CR though myself.