Work In Progress Introducing The R&D Gear System!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remander Steadfast Player

Most likely multiplicative. Thus, 1.4 times the prior rate.
  2. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

Not sure is ASKED or ANSWERED BUT :

1: Month one VENDOR gear is MORE EXPENSIVE then month 2 or 3 so wondering if COSTS are going to be in relation to the pieces we are after. EXAMPLE : DEVS STATED that MONTHS 2 and 3 would COST more in components to make said pieces, so wondering if in the LONG RUN is it gonna cost MORE ( time and effort then the piece is ACTUALLY worth ) then waiting for DROPS?
    List of COSTS to VALUE should be looked at when IMPLEMENTING final costs for plans. IMHO i believe the REGULAR VENDOR GEAR should be REVERSED when dropping the FIRST MONTH to the THIRD.
    To CLARIFY MONTH 3 should be actually MONTH 1 and MONTH 1 should actually be MONTH 3. ( VENDOR )

2: For the TIME and EFFORT put into events and COMPONENTS eventually being useless ( as the plan for that 3 month cycle as well ), WILL there be a way to TAKE OLD PLANS and COMPONENTS and PRESTIGE them when we are done? IF NOT will there be some way to REMOVE those PLANS from our R & D LIST as i see these LISTS getting WAY to long.
    NOTE on THIS ( IMPORTANT ) : IF PLANS are to REMAIN in our R & D lists then WE NEED an OPTION to KEEP CLOSED TABS when we close them. I don't need to take 5 - 10 mins EVERYTIME to CLOSE all the tabs just to make a TIER 15 MOD.

BOTTOM LINE: Just to note to ALL. CAPITALS are for EMPHASIS as i'm mostly computer illiterate not SHOUTING LOL.
    Any way i will look more into this and re read some other comments so sorry if this was ASKED or ANSWERED already some where.
  3. Lurkermon New Player

I made this post a short while back in the "DEV'S, MEPPS, SPYTLE! RANDOM IS NOT FUN!" thread. Pretty cool to see something more detailed but similar to my idea going in. Sure ya'll have been working on it for sometime. Just nice to see community input (not just mine of course) sort of being what helps shape the game.
  4. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Could a dev clarify the 40% rare drop rate increasing? Is it an entirely extra 40% increase or just a minor 40% of previous rare drop rate being added on? I need a devs clarification.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The 18 rate is increased 40% when compared to 17.
    • Like x 2
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

They probably won't respond on a Sunday. I know I'm not a Dev, but I hope you aren't expecting an additive 40%. That would be ludicrous. Current rare drop rate is probably around 5-10%. An additive increase would put it around 50%, which would make the whole gear crafting system pointless. A 40% multiplicative increase would put it around 7-14%, which is much more reasonable for a rare drop.

Edit: Ha, Mepps working on Sunday!
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

If it is currently that low, that is absurd. The rate on things like OP items and Vault trinkets is probably that low or lower but gear drops in content should not be 5-10%. That is prohibitively low, almost punishingly low, for progression gear. Couple that with the fact that crowing about an increase from 5% to 7% as some great boon would not be well received.

My guesstimate (based on personal experience and other posts on the subject) puts the current rate at 15-20% making the "improved" rate 21-28%. That would be worth crowing about.
    • Like x 1
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm just estimating from personal experience and what I've heard others describe. I can guarantee that the OP item and Vault trinket drop rate is much, much less than even 5%. I've run content dropping OP items numerous times on three toons over the years and have received the OP head on my troller alt and an OP ring on my main. No way the rate is that good, lol! Likewise, Vault trinkets aren't that common.
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It's only that low because of replays. If they remove replays ouropt would drop so much more
  10. Mystere Well-Known Player

I hope folks understand that this doesn't mean its a 40% drop rate but rather a 40% increase. So IF the rate was 10% it would now be 14%.
    • Like x 1
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

They need to treat all things in the game as if replays don't exist. Balancing for massive replay spam means people who play "as intended" get the shaft. If people choose to spam replays and consume the content too fast, that's all on them. The rest of us shouldn't suffer because of them.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

They wont. But I agree with you. I mean look at every other mmo they have good drops. Dc did too before replays
    • Like x 1
  13. E Clip Dedicated Player

Im just wondering if all pieces have an equal chance to drop or some drop more then others. In the past it was clearly the later case, so Im curious if that would still be the case in Ep. 18 onward.

Another thing, maybe its a stupid question but, say you got 3 out of 4 pieces, does your chance to get the missing piece is increased or that stays as a flat chance regardless what you've gotten before? Im thinking this would require tracking drops for each character and adjusting the drop chance on the fly, but that seems a bit unreasonable to code. Still, would like to get an answer on this.
  14. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

I know that certain pieces fall a lot LESS often. For example some things like the Elite Chest or the back piece come up a LOT (> 7x) more often than the Feet piece which I am still chasing for my tank build. It would be nice if all of the pieces were at least within a factor of 2 of how often they come up.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I can't speak 100% for the whole game, but generally, recently, and going forward, each rare gear piece has the same chance to drop as any other.
    • Like x 1
  16. K17nite Terra New Player

Loving the sound of the gear drops and plans for the R/D 1 question is there going to be a Utility Belt that has a combination of trinket and wildcard slots without the consumable slot that we are cursed with ATM, i cant speak for everyone but i personally find the consumable slot to be a wasted slot and detrimental to my usual utility belt loadout any kind of answer would be great, keep up the good work :)
  17. Pink Revenge Committed Player

not actually true. vault drops and helm of OP predate replays and they were both pretty friggin' rare. really rare. worse than any tier gear rare.
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

LOL. Maybe there are caveats? Like maybe you're equally likely to get a weapon in DCr as you are the hands. I think it's safe to say you're not equally likely to get a specific weapon as you are the hands. It kills me I can't get Brawlers and Dual Wield to drop yet. I'm so thankful we're moving to weapon boxes.
    • Like x 1
  19. Loche Developer

1. We should have a normalized vendor cost for each month. It should be about 205 MoV each month, to acquire everything.
    2. We are looking at allowing you to hide any old R&D plans. This will be at least another update or so before it comes online though.
    • Like x 2
  20. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

yes, but you still need elite gear for affinities
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.