Work In Progress Introducing Cross Faction PvE!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackIce Level 30

I don't know if it has been asked before, but will there be the possibilty to invite a member of the opposing faction into an already started instance (Duo, Alert, Raid), as we can do now with members of the own faction?
    • Like x 1
  2. Dibrie Committed Player

Create a private chat by players like 5v5 on USps or PVP on EUps.

And q like the old scrim system, maybe that works , worth to try, if it works you can still form groups on bot side of factions.
    Im gonna try that if it comes out in a month, otherwise i forget it already, like many more...

ah miss the words pooopppppp :D

Greetz Dibrie :)
  3. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

We just tried it out and queued with a hero and a villain into duo (T4 HoD/WT count as one instance, which can be joined cross-faction) and then one of us left.
    The other one was not able to reinvite his partner to join again with the message "... is not your ally", or so.

For group-invites this might make sence, if this is not working yet, but it needs to be implementend for invites into running instances.
    Otherwise people can't leave a running instance anymore (to spend marks, imprint stuff, repair, fill up soders, renew generators etc.) and be sure to be able to be reinvited back, if it's a mixed-faction-group.
    • Like x 2
  4. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

What I forgot to add:
    While HoD/WT T4-duo can be queued cross-faction, Nightclub/PD T3-duo can't, though they are basically idential except for the name.
    Please open cross-faction-queue for that duo aswell.
    • Like x 1
  5. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Honestly this is a great idea. It would really help though if you could que with a premade group of villians/heros. Villain PC really suffers from lack of people. Being able to que up a raid wold really help Villain PC PVE.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dibrie Committed Player

Any try to sync q an see if they pop on the same time, as an alternatief, so people can still form own groups on both side.

Just curious thnx inadvance

Greetz Dibrie
  7. HRlLund New Player

with greetings from happy Norwegian dc player.
    :)Is it possible to come whit wishes in the game development, this game is marvellous I just digg it only have vone wish to be able to aim the grappling gun and be able to grapple onto det ceiling.;)
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Glad this is finally happening.
  9. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

Just entered the server.

Is the lag normal ?
    The live server runs fine
  10. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

This would be easier to test without ******* that are there just cuz ...
  11. tinoman Dedicated Player

its so hard not using my ps4 controller playing dc
  12. Loche Developer

Just plug your PS4 controller into your PC. Works for me.
    • Like x 1
  13. tinoman Dedicated Player

i would loche but, i'm at work.:D waiting to get off. Getting paid to play some dc.LOL
  14. Loche Developer

ah that makes sense. :D
  15. Rioshima New Player

What this means to me in my perspective is being able to see Hard light and Celestial in both versions of hero and villains chaining massive combos together and splitting ticks and adds along the way. Just think of it pretty much as a gateway to seeing a Cross-Faction Friday night legends!
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i kinda like it, haven't had a problem yet but gotta ask When can we expect operations to be apart of Cross faction queing?
  17. Loche Developer

As soon as we can work out some kinks. Operations are a completely different beast then basic instances. For instance, we have to work out what to do when you leave the instance and are temporarily flagged for the other faction.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I say let us just pop into the Hall of Doom for death and giggles. :)

But really, aren't some of the more recent OPs dropping us back where we used to or shared space? It would just be older ones, right?
  19. akaivy Dedicated Player

So... I guess no chance of this happening with the release of Episode 17?
  20. Loche Developer

Even in operations where we don't take you anywhere but private instances, you can leave the instance and stay on the Operation. People do this go home, or back to WT/HoD. If you left, with the way the system is now, you would still be temporarily the opposite faction.
    You could NOT go to the other factions headquarters, but everything in yours would be Red. Also, the teleporters that take you back to your instance will not work. This is because they are predicated on being on YOUR factions operation.
    Those are just a couple of the kinks we are working out.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.