Introducing a Sub-faction

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Valeyard, Sep 26, 2014.

1. The Valeyard New Player

I'm not sure if this goes in the Powers section or here. It could fit in either sections.

Why is this not already implemented in the game? I just find it stupid that we have Red Lantern players as a part of either faction in the first place, fighting against other Red Lanterns. The Red Lantern Corps would be a sub-faction. Only Rage users would have access to this, and would have access regardless of faction. Red Lanterns won't be attacked by NPC Red Lanterns, unless they are part of an "enemy" group/raid on missions (Unfortunately there would be too many complications implementing this idea with current missions, despite how idiotic it is that Rage users protect Guy Gardner from Bleez and let his Rage be purged. I can't see how it would work on current missions.). Since I assume War of Light II is all but released already, this could be added in part III. Consumables from the RLC sub-faction could be bought from vendors for 10-20 Marks of Fury (Making the item Tier 6+ exclusive) that act the same way as the body guard consumable/trinket, except summons 2 Red Lanterns. Nothing would be added that would give Red Lanterns a real advantage in battle, so other powers wouldn't have to worry.

Other powers could have sub factions too, but I can't see how they would serve as much purpose. All Lanterns would have their respective Corps. Just as open ideas:

Fire users could have a sub faction called The Fire Pit (Pitters; led by Fire for Heroes, Firefly for Villains)

Ice: The Iceberg Lounge (Icebergs; Led by Ice for Heroes, and Killer Frost for Villains)

Nature: Mother Nature's Loft (Nature Child; led by Gaea for Heroes) /Poison Ivy's Jungle (Ivy's Servant; led by Poison Ivy for Villains)

Electricity: The Storm Cloud (Shockers; led by Captain Marvel for Heroes, Black Adam for villains)

Celestial: Demigods (Demigods; Led by Athena for heroes, Ares for Villains)

Sorcery: Arcane Academy (Magicians, led by Zatanna for heroes, Tala for villains)

Earth: The Planet (Quakers; led by Geo-force for Heroes, Terra for villains)

Mental: Fortune Tellers (Mind Readers; led by Miss Martian for heroes, Psimon for Villains.)

Quantum: Future's End (Lords/Ladies of Time; led by Kismet & Hourman for Heroes, Chronos for Villains)

Gadgets: Tech-10(Programmers; led by Booster Gold for heroes, Scarecrow for Villains

Atomic: Atomic Industries (Energizers; led by Captain Atom for heroes, Major Force for Villains)

Munitions: The Militia: (Soldiers; led by Deathstroke for both sides)

Experimental Serums: Project Cadmus(Cadmus Staff; led by Amanda Waller for both sides)
    • Like x 1
  2. Fox Raged New Player

They should of made rage split with some
    Other lantern like they did with GL's and Yellow lanterns but then again, who would they split them with also keep in mind Razor was a Red lantern that turned on his corps because he didn't like Atro, then he went on to be come a Hope lantern along with Warth and saint walker.. Which comes to my next confusing question where is razor and Darksied .. But in general I agree with u..
  3. Omega Boy Committed Player

I have no problem with red lanterns fighting each other. It fits with current DC comics. Guy Gardner and his squad of reds fought Atrocitus and his group.
  4. Kephrys New Player

Every time I read such things I have to say "City of Heroes did it better" ...
    • Like x 2
  5. Roland Deschain New Player

This idea has 2 major flaws, the server population isn't that much, creating any more area to disperse people could give more of a ghost town feel

Creating more lairs like that will take manpower away from more pressing and important matters like finishing am revamps, adding the new powers, balancing hl, pve legends, open world stuff
  6. The Valeyard New Player

That's true, but Guy is undercover (or at least he was), and the fight wasn't for the purpose of defending another faction, it was for faction control.
  7. The Valeyard New Player

This is why I would only do it for Red Lanterns, and the sub faction area wouldn't be any larger than the Mogo Command Center. Also adding any ideas would take away from those things. Like I said, this would be for War of Light Part III, which won't come for another year or so.
  8. Omega Boy Committed Player

Guy was undercover at first (not for long), but his red lantern faction was not. They were the protectors of sector 2814 protecting it from all threats including Atrocitus and his red lanterns. I'm more bothered by Bleez* fighting side by side with Atrocitus than reds fighting each other.

*Yes, I know the game is in it's own timeline, and they were aligned at one point, but it would be cool to have npc hero reds as well as villain reds.
  9. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

Wouldn't a league we are in be our sub faction?
  10. Kephrys New Player

I think all are very good ideas, but I'd go for a more DC comics-oriented bunch of groups, since it is, you know ... a DC comics-inspired game ?
    And those factions would have to be really useful and characterized, with faction-exclusive (really exclusive this time) feats.
  11. HiggletyPigglety New Player

I think they should stop calling us Villains, but Antiheroes. Many story lines have us fighting other villains anyways...
    • Like x 2
  12. ChuckLess New Player

Why is it always Lanterns Lanterns Lanterns?
  13. Ivar New Player

Why does a thread about red lanterns not have a single "red" or "lantern" in the title? :oops:

Kidding aside, isn´t it obvious that they simply can´t spend the money to implement more mentors.
    This is what OP basically asks for?

And if they aren´t willing to spend the money for a talking head then as sure as hell they won´t make 10 versions of a new DLC compared to the current two for villains and heroes each.
  14. Revoemag Committed Player

After all threats are gone, the most likely threat will be ourselves...

a civil ear breaks lose, with no enemy, segregation starts to happen,
    clans of powers start to form.
    Fire clan, ice, electric..etc..war breaks out on the streets...

makes great for pvp...

The only way to stop this rampage is for the original hero's and villains to unite against us. To stop the carnage and ruleless uncontrol of the exopowered society..pve