Insectoid Form

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OuelPacla, Nov 2, 2013.

1. OuelPacla New Player

I've just recently switched to a healer coming from a tank. I am thinking about going Nature and just noticed how nature healers don't use the Insectoid Form. Is there a general reason for this?
  2. LisaLoeb New Player

It doesn't have a bonus anymore.

And my toon is too cute for that. :p
  3. OuelPacla New Player

bonus to heal and crit are gone? no wonder it turned to useless. not worth getting ugly for nothing.
  4. The God New Player

Wow, it really doesn't have a bonus anymore? Because my friends are using that form all the time.
  5. LisaLoeb New Player

It does, but it isn't worth sacrificing a spot on your power bar for it. Plus with all innates the bug bonus is insignificant.
    • Like x 1
  6. Yallander Loyal Player

The benefits to using insect form are not just for the small increases. It is usable while controlled (both transforming in and out of the form), allows you to effectively have 2 healing loadout options, and generates a good amount of power using HB (because the power regen is still based on your equipped weapon so having say brawling equipped and using HB for the higher combo numbers.)

I am not sure if the PS3 still lags while switching forms, but on PC it is pretty instant.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I don't know much about bug form, but I can tell you that there is lag for transformations on PC still. I was nature a little while ago and would do wolf and gorilla forms, both would have a lag delay when switching. It's free hits in PvP for your oppenent while you wait.
  8. Yallander Loyal Player

How long have you had this issue? When I was nature (from Beta until Celestial went live) There was only a small duration where transforming caused any lag. If you look at my PVP videos you can see that I change in and out of forms pretty smoothly.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, I noticed that too when you were doing it. I also remember watching you guys in FNL too and others using that form no problem. But for me, I've had that lag delay thing where I'll stand there for a bit until it activates. Usually not a huge problem, even in PvP, but it still exists. This is why I think they are moving away from transformations all together. Since it's hard to make it for all cases. (There is also the double/triple fire thing with nature powers that drove me away from using it as a DPS powerset.)