In-game cash

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bigbadron alt, Sep 18, 2020.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Any progress on allowing the sharing of in-game cash between characters on the same account, even if it can only be done through the shared bank? It's been about a year since the ability was removed, and we haven't heard anything further about it (or the promised continuing changes to the economy throughout 2020, for that matter).
    • Like x 7
  2. Kal~el Committed Player

Still do not understand why they did this. I guess some glitch to make money? Dunno.

I agree with you they should allow us to place money into our shared account bank like Star Trek Online does

OR

Make all credits be account bound.
    • Like x 3
  3. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

As I understand it there are no plans to reenable this due to a player exploit that blew up the economy some time ago. Bear this in mind when placing blame (if you do) it should be placed firmly on the cheaters.
    • Like x 3
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

And making the cash transferable only to other characters on the same account (possibly only via the shared bank) would prevent a repeat of that exploit since cash would not be able to move to other accounts. Unless you use the broker, which is still available for use (so blocking same account transfers didn't really do anything, other than inconveniencing people).
  5. Daffy-67 New Player

Never understood why the shared bank cannot share cash, it is a bank after all :confused:
    • Like x 4
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Incidentally:

That was in April. Solutions do not appear to have been forthcoming.
    • Like x 2
  7. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Can't say if you are right or wrong because I don't know the precise nature of the exploit but I suspect that the Devs think it would have a negative impact. In any event, while I would like to be able to move cash back and forth between my characters, I am willing to trade off on that convenience if the PTB are correct in that assessment
  8. Liightmare dc Active Player

This is def long overdue
    • Like x 1
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

It will be awhile. No real money in it
    • Like x 1
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Idk how hard it is for them to just create tradeable cash tokens or allow us to have account bound cash like stabilizers and replays. No idea if they just dont care or if its really that hard
  11. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

Unless you can acces to your money i have 32 mil in my escrow that i can't acess for been fp2.in swotor they can acesses until 1 mil instead of 2000 . I glad that now Is 2000 to buy the pvp sets .but 2000 in a raid with a bad group you have to always Carry a few gears boxes to repear your gears . Yesterday i had to leave a raid for that reason.i always wonder what happen if i get the lmit lf money in my escrow ?
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

There is no upper limit to the money in your escrow.