In a dilemma....

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by bagofboom, Feb 20, 2016.

1. bagofboom Committed Player

I'm currently in a league that was at one time very highly ranked and was incredibly helpful and active but those days are sadly gone. Now it's just a few of us on daily and although we are all helpful of each other, there's just simply not enough of us on to do any real damage anymore. I'm certain that this is a common theme among us longtime players and it's an absolute shame.
    My dilemma is this; Do I stay with my league and my friends and be relegated to a casual player or do I jump ship and risk getting into the same boat I am now? I'm not good with change anyway and we all know there are many many, less than decent people on DC and I worry about getting in a league with them and having to do it all over again.
    Anyway, I think I'm looking for a new league. With decent human beings. That run stuff and invite league-mates to run said stuff.
    It's a sad day when I see that Fearless Pride may not be my home anymore. But, into the future we tread with sturdy yet apprehensive steps.
    Cr 152 Sp 170 Ice dps/tank (main)
    Cr 148 Sp 168 Celestial dps - Cr 140 Sp 168 Celestial Healer (alt)
    I have many other alts, most at end-game, but these two ^ are on the market. If there are any active, helpful leagues recruiting this is my application.

Long Live DCUO!!
    • Like x 1
  2. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

I'm a player trying to find a good league too.
    I can honestly tell you that I have been on 30 leagues by now and I still haven't found the right one.

It's really hard.
    They're either talking with their group of friends (and ignoring the new people) or just simply not doing anything at all.
    Still haven't found anything different from that.
    It seems like I went back to military school .__.''
  3. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Just removed about 20 folks in my League for not playing in months - it's a rough road out there these days...!

Really haven't seen a huge increase after cross play either - ques are still slow, folks are just moving on now more than ever...:-(

Got like 4 League mates that play now...sad!

Tom Clancy The Division will put an end too this and possibly DCUO - hope not, but, it is what it is...

IA ARMY
  4. bagofboom Committed Player

My main 2 toons (the ones I'm actively shopping around) are heroes. I do however have a brand new(ish) villain in the cr 55 range (160 sp) that is in a random league that I got invited to. I don't know anyone in it and haven't run a single instance with any of them. I was essentially a filler invite to boost their daily prestige, they didn't care who I was or my level of skill as it was just a spur of the moment invite I received while farming bits.
    You'd like to think that with the state this incredible game is in, it'd be easier to find a good league. With so many long-term and experienced players that have found themselves in similar waters that finding a strong group of us to band together with and form a league would be fairly simple and straight forward.
    I don't know. I just want some decent human beings with a similar love of this game to run with. Hopefully it works out that way.

Long Live DCUO!!
  5. SilhouetteBlade Level 30

Are you US or EU?
  6. SilhouetteBlade Level 30

Are you US or EU?
  7. bagofboom Committed Player

USPS4.
    But only because I was born here. Lol.

Long Live DCUO!!
  8. SilhouetteBlade Level 30

9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

The hardest thing any of us can do is find the league that is right for us.

Have you browsed around in the league recruitment forums to see if any league looked like it could be the right fit?
  10. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

My self and 8 other plp from my league have all pre ordered the division we plan on moving to that I'm sure we arnt the only ones
    • Like x 1
  11. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

You are crazy!

The beta is/was sick - Mark my words, if you love getting gear and MMO's, this game will kick your butt...

Try it - you may be surprised...!

Destiny is garbage compared too this game....just saying.

IA ARMY
    • Like x 1
  12. bagofboom Committed Player

This thread took a different turn (as these things often do) but, my 2 cents: The Division looks sick!! It's been on my "must have" list since I first saw footage of it. Along with Just Cause 3 and Fallout 4 those are 3 of my most anticipated games of the year, or season or what have you. I might add Street Fighter 5 to that list but as I have a long history (I'm old) of sucking at fighters I think I'll just stick to Twitch for my my SFV fix.
    None of those would or could steal me away from DCUO though. Sorry, aside from my current league issues I'm very happy here.

Long Live DCUO!!
  13. Nu31 Well-Known Player

Depends on what you care for more... getting content done/ran or playing with friends. I play this game at a pretty even 50/50 split between those two... Luckily, I'm in a fortunate spot to where my friends can do both. I won't ever play DCUO casually, if I ever do, I'd just quit. If you are wanting to depart, you will always find brand new players that will become you're close friends, there's always a cycle that works out :)
    • Like x 1
  14. bagofboom Committed Player

I have no desire to part with DC brother. I'm here until the end. I've just been very happy with my league and my friends in it and now they've mostly all retired or play sparingly and so I now can't do either, play with friends or run content consistently.
    I spend more time in LFG or forming groups than I do in content and that was never the case until the last few months. So, with this in mind, it's come down to me looking for a good solid league where my play style fits and/or being concerned about finding subpar leagues and people and having to start the process over again.
    I love DCUO, and many of the people across the world I've met and had fun with here has been a major part of that. My league fit me great and then it shriveled up and virtually disappeared so I'm caught in a limbo.
    I'll figure it out and find a home I'm sure, but until I do the unknown is frustrating.

Long Live DCUO!!
  15. Molholt Level 30

Just do what you feel - I just went through the same thing after being away for 2 years. The old league was a shell of itself, and I have good memories of it - and, if it ever was going to grow back into what it was I would love to see it, but I don't see that happening.

So I relocated and I'm enjoying DC a lot more now. It's much better to play with like-minded people who enjoy the game as well. Just find some people you like playing the game with and consider a move, if that's what you'd prefer.
    • Like x 1
  16. ArtOfFreak Well-Known Player

We had to merge our league with another one more than once. This may be an option if a league is willing to take you all in.
    • Like x 1