IMPROVED LEAGUE HALLS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by damirgabriel, Dec 1, 2016.

1. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

I was thinking, and i'd love to see developers as well in this topic, would it be possible to put soder vendor, broker and and bank into the league hall? Honestly, league hall is private leagues place. Which means, league can hang out there, but you'll grant permission to others to jump in, selectively. SO, since, HoD is really crowded from time to time, like REALLY crowded, and most of the people try to stick around because of vendors, broker, bank, stuff, why don't we have:

• Sode vendor (just to buy sodas and repair the gear)
    • Broker
    • Bank
    in our league halls? From my perspective, league hall would have more sense honestly. This way, people hang out in it more less, more less than more more... People would visit other league halls more often, those thrones would have more sense than they do now and so on. This way you jump into somebodies league hall, "ouh it's nice, yeah you decorated it nice, okay gotta go to run raid" and you never come back to that league hall again ;)This way, things would change. Why wouldn't league halls be more than they are now. HoD is crowded like hell sometimes, FPS drops sooooooooooooo low, and this way, HoD would be refreshed 1000000%, people would move through it just to go to the portals, some would, of course, still chill in hod, but it wouldn't be that crowded. And things would be way better..
    I don't know, maybe i just ask too much, but i think this would be very good, and very nice...
    Thank you all O:)
    • Like x 4
  2. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

I recall the devs saying that they would not be adding those amenities to league halls as it would get rid of many functionalities/reasons to visit the Watchtower.
  3. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

yeah but, maybe that's their vision. They don't have to put portals for other areas. Still, if you gotta go to new area in AF3 episode, or ranx, or other metro or gotham, or any walk in raid, or anything else, you'd still be forced to go out of league hall to go to watchtower or hall of doom, and hang out there, pass through it to reach various destination and stuff... I would definitely agree with you if they would put portals as well into league hall. But this way, watchtower and hall of doom would still be what they are, just a little less crowded, and things would be way more interesting in the game. League halls would finally have some greater meaning. Why would someone visit somebodies league hall more than once right now the way everything is now. You come, you see, you leave and no need to come back heh. But if they just put those 3 things, everything would change. :)

I don't have some beasty laptop for example, and, after 3-4pm east USA time, HoD is so crowded that FPS drops badly... But when you go to PvP phase, game works too smooth cause there's way less people than in PvE phase heh... And PvE phase is IMPOSSIBLE to control and i gotta reset my laptop and so on, kinda feel like it destroys my laptop hehe.

I don't know, maybe it's just an idea, but when you realize, it would be actually a good idea. :) Game could definitely use some nice changes. :)
  4. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

I'd love to at least have a broker in my very own league hall
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

That's what they said but I'm sure it has more to do with influencing people to buy the amenities
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

What? HoD crowded????

I've never heard of such a thing in 5 years :eek:
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah I remember that as well and it makes about as much sense now as it did then.. I can BUY an amenities pack from the store ( well actually I DID buy an amenities pack from the store) and in my own lair set up all those same items. Aside from buying gear from vendors, and at CR 184 the ONLY vendor I am dealing with is in Typhon's Monster Invasion, there is nothing at the Watch tower I can't do without leaving my own lairs. TRUE to get all of those I need two lairs since you can't place everything in one but all that means is a quick warp from one lair to another. It never made sense why they didn't do the same with the League Hal.... UNTIL I started typing up this reply.

Now this is just a Theory but it dawned on me as I was typing exactly why all those things are not in the hall. Because if they were then players wouldn't feel the need to buy the amenities pack (instead of searching for collections at Ace Chemical, Stryker's, and Arkham to get them for free and IF a player can join a league and get access to the exact same amenities found in the HQ why buy the second deed so they can place the amenities they just bought in their LAIRS. Loss of potential income makes much more sense than .. "We don't want everyone to stop visiting the Watch Tower or Hall of Doom"
    • Like x 1
  8. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

Even if the amenities were in the league halls, I still wouldn't go there. Unless there's a short cooldown option for warping to league hall, I'd rather just go to my base where all amenities are right beside one another and it looks nicer :p

Plus who wants to go to the Watchtower anyway? It's full of foul-mouthed kids in shout chat that 'wanna scrim bruh'
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

I agree. I hope they add them to the league halls as currently league halls pretty much stays empty. It would also put less strain on the watchtower and HoD. And having to go through crowds of people to use the broker, mail, bank, and R&D station while listening to crazy shout chat.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sivulla Dedicated Player

I'd rather have a hideout type of lair, but a bit bigger where league hall sized items would also fit, where I could place all amenities where ever I please.

League halls are nice but travelling around hallways and item limits in each room is minus.
    • Like x 2
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yep. That's why I never goto our league hall. Nothing up there I need. I either jump around the watch tower or my base. Rarely goto our league hall.
    • Like x 2
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Reasons why I like my lair better than my league hall.. By Techwarrior

1. The teleporter in my lair lets me go all sorts of places thanks to the mod I have in place.... including my League Hall. The teleporter in my League Hall lets me go.... To the WATCH TOWER .. that's it. Can't even get back to my own lair without pulling up the map.

2. IN my Lair I have my R+D station set up with the R+D Vendor right next to it. I have quick access to my bank to grab R=D crafting supplies I have stored there. I don't have the Broker access placed but if I need it I can always pick up my email for a few minutes and place that down as well. So no matter what I need I have quick access to it when ever I want to craft stuff..... The R+D station in my League Hall sits all by itself (with 2 other R+D stations) and the only way to gain access to an R+D store or the broker is by leaving the League Hall completely and going to one either at my LAIR or the Watch Tower. Oh yeah and the R+D Station in the Watch Tower is right next to ................ The R+D STATION.! If I am right there why would I run all the way back to the league hall to craft? DUH

3. The League Hall allows us to RENT special buffs using prestige we earn .. each one costs 25,000 which the members earn by completing missions. My lair allows me to buy Generator mods that increase specific stats like Vit, Dom, Might, Power, health, Resto, Precision , etc. and these mod also drop for free on many missions.. and I can tailor them to assist MY character.

4. my lair is MY LAIR and I can put down as much furniture in any room as I like and without asking anyone for permission to do it. In my League Hall at best you can place 80 items in any of those HUGE rooms and unless the League Leader sets it up so you have permission to do so.. you could donate 100 pieces of furniture to the Hall and not be allowed to actually decide where to put ANY of them.

5. I can put stuff on the ceilings in my lair and they look cool. I can put stuff on the ceiling of the lair and unless its REALLY big it just looks like a dirty spot on the ceiling. OKAY so the whole hall isn't like that.. JUST the BIG rooms that make up over half of the place

Okay while all of this is TRUE does anyone really think I am actually upset about any of this? Wow.. YOU all gullible aren't you ? LOL
    • Like x 1
  13. majosea Dedicated Player

• Soda vendor (just to buy sodas and repair the gear)
    • Broker
    • Personal Bank
    • option to place the amenities in where you want in the league hall , to customize to your likes
    • increase base item that can be displayed at one time
    • more league bank spaces 4 is not enough room yes even when all 4 bank are max out unlocked ect , dont provide space for big league hall .
    • Like x 1
  14. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

I still don't get it, why would someone be LESS in HoD if all those things are installed in league hall? There's bunch of people who'll still parade in HoD or Watchtower and acting like some ******** in shout chat where mostly you see childish talk or provoking or ******** or so... Those things in league hall would just make league halls MORE IMPORTANT. I love my league hall, spent days and weeks to decorate it the way it is now, but what for? Everyone jumps in just to load league bank, or take something from it, i jump in to restore league buffs, or when i want a little bit of silence, or enjoy with all those angelic statues there ( <3 )..... But, there's no REAL meaning of it. Okay you have those statues there and stuff which are, by the way, VERY OFTEN terribly wrong omfg (how can atomic tank be 1st on the throne by POWER OUT!?!?!?! next to the troller that is doing his job too well every day), noone sees those statues.
    If those things were allowed in league halls, you would grant permission to your FRIENDS and stuff. Imagine place where you can easily chill with friends, running raids and you still have ability to sell something to the broker, or grab something from your bank to craft item, or repair and talk nicely IN SHOUT CHAT without some kid or punk jumping in cursing you FOR NO REASON. I mean, i totally understand that it's all about money money money, but you CAN NOT force me to buy something if i don't want to ;) That is just too stupid. But, if those things were granted in league halls, if i want amenities in my base, i'll buy them. If i don't, i won't, and that's amen heh. Who wants to buy something, HE WILL, no matter what. but the game will be MORE ENTERTAINING that way. People are creating new leagues trying to get that league hall, WHY? The only REAL purpose of league hall is LEAGUE BUFFS.