I'm sick of high Tier Players in low Tier content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Will Power, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Enzan Committed Player

The option, when toggled, would place you with people within range of your CR. (80-89, 90-99, etc etc CR). So you'll be blasting through content faster if you are way above the content CR. So no stats will be forced down, and no need for lower gear just to do it.

Or you could leave it off, and queue/LFG chat normally with a mixed group as it is now.

This is how I see it.
  2. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

The Op and other new players gearing should learn of the kick button. If you get one of the selfish style hunters KICK EM. KICK EM KICK EM and if they que back up KICK EM again and again. KICK THEM till they get the message. They don't wanna be a team player KICK EM. New lower tiered players have been patient and sympathized with the style feat hunters, and they have spit in your faces. Now it is time to draw a line in the sand.KICK them
  3. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

No Kickpocalpse thats not the way to make new friends lol.
    • Like x 2
  4. VintageWine Dedicated Player

It really isn't easy as people make it seem to be, it reminds me of how I felt first coming into the game, you forget how long things takes for certain tiers until you make an alt again. Alt leveling can be a pain because of that lol.
  5. BlueLionSven Well-Known Player

Apologies for making the OP feel worthless, but I am trying to finish styles and after running the same content over and over for days, weeks, and still nothing, taking the time to consider someone else's feelings is not on my itinerary.
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

And when you meet people in tier 6 who do not know how to play their roles, how do you react?
  7. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

I'm one of those high-cr players who pugs T1-5 instances and usually blows right through them, but I always ask first both in voice-chat and in the text box whether anyone needs any feats from said instance (speed- or otherwise), and will always do what I can to help people get them. In any case, I never bypass adds along the way & leave them for others to deal with (I just smash everything as I go) & and I always complete the instance.

Several replies to the OP were along the lines of "Form your own group, problem solved." I suppose that's one way to go, since relying on the matchmaking system as-is will probably result in at least one over-geared player in the group (yesterday I pugged the HIVE T2 alert & the lowest-cr person among us had 78-85 level gear, lol).

Here's another option for situations like the OP describes: communicate (an increasingly alien concept in this game, I've noticed).

Examples:
    "Hey, I'm/we're trying to get <feat X> from here; would you mind helping me/us get it?"
    - or -
    "Hey, this is my/our first time in here; would you mind slowing down so I/we can learn what to do?"

Will that work every time? Unfortunately, no: there are some selfish players, jerks, and people who don't respond to messages/chat. That's just the luck-of-the-pug-draw. That said, my guess is that it would work more often than not. While my general approach is to get in, KO everything, and get out ASAP, BUT IF someone in the group asks for help nabbing a feat, to slow down so he/she could understand how the instance works (etc.), I'm more than happy to help out.

Side note: The OP got me thinking of an alternative to the CR-based matchmaking idea (something I don't see happening) that might make everyone happy (lower- & higher-cr players alike) would by the ability to individually enter all of the alerts instead of just a few (Ace, Arkham, Stryker's, WT Containment, etc.).

Just my 2 cents... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  8. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

I'm one of those high-cr players who pugs T1-5 instances and usually blows right through them, but I always ask first both in voice-chat and in the text box whether anyone needs any feats from said instance (speed- or otherwise), and will always do what I can to help people get them. In any case, I never bypass adds along the way & leave them for others to deal with (I just smash everything as I go) & and I always complete the instance.

Several replies to the OP were along the lines of "Form your own group, problem solved." I suppose that's one way to go, since relying on the matchmaking system as-is will probably result in at least one over-geared player in the group (yesterday I pugged the HIVE T2 alert & the lowest-cr person among us had 78-85 level gear, lol).

Here's another option for situations like the OP describes: communicate (an increasingly alien concept in this game, I've noticed).

Examples:
    "Hey, I'm/we're trying to get <feat X> from here; would you mind helping me/us get it?"
    - or -
    "Hey, this is my/our first time in here; would you mind slowing down so I/we can learn what to do?"

Will that work every time? Unfortunately, no: there are some selfish players, jerks, and people who don't respond to messages/chat. That's just the luck-of-the-pug-draw. That said, my guess is that it would work more often than not. While my general approach is to get in, KO everything, and get out ASAP, BUT IF someone in the group asks for help nabbing a feat, to slow down so he/she could understand how the instance works (etc.), I'm more than happy to help out.

Side note: The OP got me thinking of an alternative to the CR-based matchmaking idea (something I don't see happening) that might make everyone happy (lower- & higher-cr players alike) would by the ability to individually enter all of the alerts instead of just a few (Ace, Arkham, Stryker's, WT Containment, etc.).

Just my 2 cents... :rolleyes:
  9. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

sorry, accidental double-post :D
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i have found that there are plenty of groups full of people near the same cr in q ,if you don't like 1 group because a high cr guy was in it just re q and you most likely won't get a high cr guy in the next run. i have made many toons and i can say for sure most of the time you don't get high cr guys in your group i found it to be about 1 in 4 groups would get a high cr guy in it,certainly not enough to justify ruining the game for the rest of us who don't care if we get a high cr guy in the group
  11. Zerefu New Player

Why don't you like high tier players in low tier content? Then you get through everything in like 2 minutes. What's wrong with that in your opinion? If you need to run Area 51 every day for 30 days, it would get old after 2 or 3. Having a CR 108 baller in there would really speed up such a boring process.
  12. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Hmmm are you USPC Villain side by chance?
  13. Will Power Loyal Player

Here's why I like to kill time. I'm not in a rush to finish a level quickly.

Picture this you que into Hive Duo yeah sure if your goal is the speed feat then that's fine however when I que in I am there to play fight every add knock down drag out fights. melee melee melee. It's the battle I'm after. When I que in I'm not a dps my goal is the battle so I que in as a Tank Troller or Healer.

"For Honor, For Glory, For The Battle"
  14. Zerefu New Player

We have solo content, you know.
  15. BlueLionSven Well-Known Player

The issue then becomes who gets to dictate how the group content is run.
  16. SoulflyMike42 New Player

When I was lower I appreciated higher levels helping me through lower content. Us High Tier level players get lower levels so many Feats and get them for you in under 5 minutes. Speed Feats, School Hard Knocks, etc.
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

It won't happen as long as the game still allows higher tiered players to go into lower content; as a higher tiered player, I have to run the lower stuff for the styles I am missing. If I don't get the style I will not get the SP to improve my player.
    When I play lower level stuff, I state right up front I'm here for styles and will work with the group and will not do a speed run unless everyone wants to focus on the speed feat or I go in with mostly league mates and state we are focusing on speed feats.
    As for higher tiered players in lower tiered content, if you have skill it is not an issue. I took a fresh CR 43 mental toon with mostly 40 gear, 46 item level shield, and 47 SP through outer caverns raid. I was the lowest geared DPS. Two DPS wereT3, one was T4 and the highest was T6 players in the raid. A total of 5 including the toon I was using; however, the lowest geared player ended up 2nd in DPS, had about 10K more than the T4 and about 50K more than the T3. . The T6 did 50% more damage than I did with a fresh 43 CR toon; I was expecting a much higher value there, like doubling my DPS value if not higher. I find that a skilled player can keep up with higher tiered player, when a player knows how to get the most out of the toon.
  18. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Actually I do it often enough but since I'm a healer no one notices me. I simply do my job and let them do theirs. Rarely does anyone notice my equipment
  19. Will Power Loyal Player

Solo content don't drop the same gear and I like the idea to keeping someone alive as a healer or keeping them powered as a Troller or protecting them as a Tank.

A duo is a Team play level how can I do my part when the higher geared player has already powered though and wiped the content clean.

You can't really say I don't want to play and ask to leave in a Duo that's only Alert and Raid level.

As a T1 Duo player I want to run with players that are between CR 22 and CR 42
    As a T2 Duo player I want to run with players that are between CR 43 and CR 52
    As a T3 Duo player I want to run with players that are between CR 53 and CR 69
    As a T4 player I want to play with players that are between CR 70 and CR 83
    As a T5 Duo player I want to run with players that are between CR 84 and 99
    As a T6 duo player I want to run with CR 100 and up
  20. Will Power Loyal Player

How many invites would I get if I say this in LFG

CR 37 Tank LFG Duo partner that is same level