I'm seeing some VIXEN possibilities here

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Original Empress, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Original Empress Well-Known Player

READ TO THE END
    I PROMISE IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!!!

I have seen Vixen appear in the Rip Tide instance and recently the Vixen Emblem available from Team-up Capsules and I'm wondering if you developers for DCUO at Daybreak were looking at her powers for the future or if Vixen will just end up as a legends character. That would so su...be cool too but...
    I have a few ideas for a new powerset that will bring several other DC character powers in game, namely Beast Boy, Animal Man and Martian Manhunter....
    Wait! Martian Manhunter? How? Well he IS a SHAPESHIFTER! isn't he? Yeah. Ok a bit of a reach.

With Water healing the next powerset would be a controller power so, I've been thinking about how Animals could be used to give power and control crowds. Also I've considered the DPS, combo possibilities and animations.

Here are the ideas

CHANNELING TREE - Based on Vixen/Animal Man/Tattooed Man
    [IMG][IMG]

Names reflect Vixen's serious nature.

EAGLE'S CRY - A vision of an eagle screaming rises while character does the animation for sonic cry.
    [IMG]
    LOCAL AOE - Deafens enemies stunning and damaging them.
    Channel the cry of the eagle to rally your allies and revitalize them over time.
    Damage buff 35%

RIGHT 1
    EEL'S SHOCK - (Obviously) Perhaps an animation similar to Reload with eel visions circling around allies.
    Channel an electric eel to revitalite the 4 most fatigued allies.
    (Character could spread arms like with Mental's Terror tendrils or Gadget's Defibrilator)
    Damage buff 35%

RIGHT 2
    CHAMELEON'S SHADOW - A vision of a chameleon rises as character disappears.
    Channel a CHAMELEON to camouflage your movements, enabling special surprise attacks:
    Chameleon tree - SPIDER'S WEB - Channel a spider and entangle your enemy in a spider's web trapping them. Breaks stealth
    - SPIDER BITE - Channel a spider and bite your enemy rendering them unconscious, stunning and damaging them. Breaks stealth
    RIGHT 3
    LION'S POUNCE - A vision of a lion rises as character attacks. (Feral lunge/Cheetah or Catwoman's lunge attack)
    Channel a lion to pounce on your enemy.
    Damage buff 60%
    CONTROLLER ROLE
    LION'S ROAR - A vision of a lion rises as character does animation for Nature's ROAR
    Channel the roar of a lion frightening enemies and weakening their defenses.

SUPERCHARGE - JUNGLE STAMPEDE - Summon the fury of the entire animal kingdom to trample your enemies. (Yeah that's pretty good!)

LEFT 1
    SCORPION'S STING - A vision of a scorpion rises as character does the animation from Shield's Handspring Kick.
    Channel the sting of the scorpion to poison your enemy weakening their ability to heal.
    Damage role 45% damage buff. Single target. Mid-range attack. SCORPION'S STING causes Damage over time.

LEFT 2
    FALCON'S DIVE - A vision of a falcon rises as character leaps upward (regardless of movement mode)and executes a swoop attack doing more damage FROM LONG RANGE.
    Channel a falcon and swoop down to knock over your opponent at blinding speed. Damage Debuff
    [IMG]
    LEFT 3
    RHINO'S CHARGE - A vision of a rhino preceeds you as character charges in.
    Channel a rhino to charge in and mow through your target and surrounding enemies.

SUPERCHARGE - TURTLE'S SHELL - Produce a shield to protect yourself and 3 other group members from damage.

MIDDLE 1
    JUNGLE SPIRIT - Infuse your weapon with the spirit of the jungle increasing your might, critical strike chance and critical strike damage.

MIDDLE 2
    CALL OF THE WILD - Atune yourself with the animal kingdom so every animal you channel or morph into gives you power back.

MIDDLE 3
    CROW'S MURDER - Summon a flock of angry crows to swarn and attack your enemy. (Birds from Gotham sewer instance)

HEY DEVS IT GETS BETTER....SO STICK IT OUT!
    YEAH I like it....

SHAPESHIFTING TREE Based on Beast Boy/Jayna (Wonder Twins) ZAN is WATER BTW ha ha ha
    [IMG][IMG]
    I tried to make the names of the powers reflect Beast Boy's sense of humor.

Also morph combos are feasible.

PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN - Character morphs into and elephant on hind legs that drops to all four.
    Damage Role buff 35% MIDRANGE AOE/DOT - Unbalances target and surrounding enemies for CC.
    Targets struggle to maintain their balance as if in an earthquake and can be knocked down on 3rd wave.
    Morph into and Elephant and stomp the ground creating a reverberating surge of energy to revitalize allies over time.

RIGHT 1
    WHO BIT YA?
    Morph into a venomous rattlersnake and strike your enemy with your poisonous fangs weakening their ability to heal.
    Damage role 45% damage buff. Single target. Mid-range attack. WHO BIT YA? causes Damage over time.

RIGHT 2
    HEY BOO BOO!
    Morph into an angry grizzly bear who stands and CAN TAKE 3 SWATS at enemies. 3rd swing takes out multiple targets.
    (combo tap melee button 2x after first)

RIGHT 3
    KONG KICKS BUTT!
    Morph into a big gorilla who delivers a big double foot kick then can drop big 2 hand hammer blow. (combo HOLD melee)

50% SUPERCHARGE - REIGN OF FIRE BABY!
    [IMG]
    Morph into a fire breathing dragon who sets the target and surrounding area ablaze causing massive damage! (Wow! That's gonna look dope!)

LEFT 1
    HOW ABOUT A HUG?
    Morph into a python and wrap around your enemy to squeeze them.
    CONTROLLER ROLE
    Enemy encased, rooted. Defense debuff.

LEFT 2
    OLE'!
    Morph into a raging bull and gore enemies.

LEFT 3
    GOT THEM ON THE ROPES
    Morph into a kangaroo with boxing gloves who delivers a right cross
    (combo tap melee HOLD RANGE) followed by a left and a wind up right. (LOL That one is funny)
    [IMG]
    hmmm Hard to beat that last supercharge but I think I got something...

50% SUPERCHARGE - Sic'em Rex!
    Morph into a tyranosaurus rex to attack for massive damage.
    [IMG]
    MIDDLE 1
    GROWL - Sorta like INTIMIDATION from Gadgets....getting tired yawn

MIDDLE 2
    YOU CAN'T CATCH ME
    Morph into a cheetah who runs around your enemy disorienting them and decreasing their damage output

MIDDLE 3 ALMOST DONE....GOTTA MAKE IT GOOD!!!! HMMMM....UHHHH.... YEAH ...OK THAT COULD WORK...
    [IMG]
    KING OF THE JUNGLE
    ....what? Lion? Lions don't live in the jungle. They live in the desert so shut up.
    Morph into a fierce tiger to maul and disembowel (like that? DISEMBOWEL? Yeah sounds serious....like EVISCERATE)

e·vis·cer·ate
    əˈvisəˌrāt/
    verb formal
    disembowel (a person or animal).
    "the goat had been skinned and neatly eviscerated"
    synonyms:disembowel, gut, draw, dress
    "the goat had been skinned and eviscerated"
    deprive (something) of its essential content.
    "myriad little concessions that would eviscerate the project"
    SURGERY
    remove the contents of (a body organ).

Uh huh....
    Morph into a fierce tiger to maul and disembowel your enemy.

That was alot of fun.
    Kinda long but for all those who stuck it out to the end
    thanks.
    • Like x 5
  2. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Apparently some dreams still live on.

A power after water, more legend characters, it's nice to dream.
    • Like x 3
  3. Original Empress Well-Known Player

I am holding a VIXEN emblem for when DCUO drops this. Might have to work on the name though. ANIMAL seems so...plain. When you look up Vixen and Animal Man and Beast Boy it calls their powers ANIMAL MIMICRY. Could work.....
    • Like x 1
  4. maggot323 New Player

This would be awesome! But I doubt many more powers will be released until they figure out the issue with PS3 not being able to hold much more content. Awesome read, and now you have me excited for this lol
    • Like x 1
  5. Original Empress Well-Known Player

HERE'S A CRAAAAAZY THOUGHT.

SINCE THE WONDER TWINS OPERATE WITH WATER AND ANIMAL MIMICRY THEY COULD DROP THEM BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!
    WITH A DLC FEATURING THE WONDER TWINS!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  6. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Yeah I wet myself alittle when I thought up that Reign of Fire SUPERCHARGE

• Like x 1
  7. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Oooops! I forgot to put in a PoT on the channeling tree. I guess Lion's roar could be it.
  8. Original Empress Well-Known Player

NO NO NO. I DID PUT A POT IN. EAGLE'S CRY.
  9. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Even the GEAR could be GREAT
    [IMG]
  10. That1DarkKnight Active Player

You mean like a animal spirits type of power?-- because serums sounds kind of ridiculous for a power, but hey if it pleases the majority of people I would be all in favor for it.
    • Like x 1
  11. That1DarkKnight Active Player

If I may recommend some names here:
    - Spirits
    - Spirituality
    - Wilderforce
    • Like x 2
  12. g3rno New Player

Spirituality! :p:p:p