(I'm new to the game) What's a good mix?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Haru Hollow, May 1, 2014.

1. Haru Hollow New Player

Hello everyone, I'm really new to this game and I don't have any of the powers we have to pay for, only the basic ones, and well I started a few days ago, to tell the truth one day before that big upgrade, but ok, direct to the point, I got amazed about the features in the game, the weapons, movements and power, and as I kept playing and started to see the higher leveled players characters I see some nice and great combination of everything, like if every lil thing matched with their character from the start, so the point is:

I liked super-speed movement very much and I think I'll stick with it, so I wanted to know which weapon/Power you guys think that fits super-speed the most, it may be some stupid question but Im new and really need some ideas, I know nothing about power+weapon combinations, I've read some topics in the forum but I want some direct answers and ''feeling'' from experienced players.

Bonus: Oh yeah if any of you don't mind, I would be glad if you could tell me which starting clothes you think are lame for a super-speed guy.

Thanks anyways.

Haru Hollow - USPC Server PvP World.
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The game is undergoing massive, massive changes right now so honestly any power you pick could suddenly behave very differently. Right now the most stable powers that aren't going to change any time soon are probably nature and sorcery.
    • Like x 2
  3. Haru Hollow New Player

Sorcery was my first option. o.o actually I tried already sorcery+dual wield and sorcery+Dual pistols.
  4. Haru Hollow New Player

But still, I still have my doubts, I would like to see more opinions, Im really confused.
  5. Haru Hollow New Player

Update: I'm trying a Ice+Dual Wield now and I'll go for DPS on later game. o.o what ya think?
  6. Delta795 New Player

Sorcery + Bow or HB + SS
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Haru Hollow New Player

HB + SS = Hand Blaster + ???

I don't know if Hand Blaster is right, and I don't know what SS stands for.
  8. Delta795 New Player

HB = Handblaster
    SS = Super Speed movement mode
    • Like x 1
  9. Haru Hollow New Player

Thank you very much for the ideas Delta =D
  10. Haru Hollow New Player

Which Weapons fit Ice power for dps role?
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I personally was not a fan of dual wield, but that's just me. A lot of other people love it.

I wouldn't plan that far ahead. In all honesty, this is your first character. Pick what sounds fun to you. This is the character where you are going to be learning all about how the game functions so just pick what you think you will enjoy. Personally I'd suggest gadgets as it has been for a very long time, and still is one of the most flexible powersets.

Keep in mind that while you cannot change powers for free (costs real world money) you can change weapons at any point in the game for in game currency.
    • Like x 1
  12. Haru Hollow New Player

Thank you very much Enquirer. =D
    • Like x 1
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Make sure you use the reply button at the bottom right. It gives the person you are talking to a notification that you replied to them so they can continue on the conversation.

And not a problem. If you need anything feel free to pm me here or in game (uspc The Enquirer) and I'll be more than happy to help out.
    • Like x 1
  14. Haru Hollow New Player

Oh ok, thanks again, I'll probably ask a few more things later so I'll probably bother you a lil more, but for now I'll go try and have some fun in the game as you said, not gonna fill my head with ''what ifs'' for now, this probably not going to be my only and last character anyways. xD
    • Like x 1
  15. Icegodes New Player

To be honest any movement mode can go with any power in the game and the same for weapons. Like some have said play with play to see what power and weapon will go with ss and the one u like playing the most.
    • Like x 1
  16. Haru Hollow New Player

BTW, I'll go with Ice for now, has always been my favourite element in games, so if you guys ever pass by a Ice guy in USPC named Haru Hollow... go easy on me, please. >_>
  17. Haru Hollow New Player

Thanks Icegodes =D Its awesome how nice people in DCUO Forums can be, most of games I've played past the years the people don't give a **** about newcomers. '-' Thanks again.
  18. Icegodes New Player

When u reach level 30 you will have a big choice to make in terms on how to tackle content in the game in the role u want to play with Ice (example: tank or DPS). However, do not mix and match gear trying to be both roles. Now, I say level 30 instead deciding earlier on like many seasoned players do, so u can get a feel on how u want to approach the combat in the game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Haru Hollow New Player

Ok. =D
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I don't want to be "that guy" and kill the fun here, but I feel it is fair to warn you, this game has the absolute worst player community I have ever encountered in about a decade of online gaming. It's absolutely appalling and just disgusting. I've been told off by people for utilizing sources to back up my claims in debates, freaked out upon in game because I simply did more damage than someone, and people having told me off in PvP when I say good game simply because they assumed the worst that I was rubbing it in.

Sadly the same applies here in the forums. There are some really, really nice people I have met here who I call my friends, the developers are absolutely fantastic with communication and great people all around, but overall the player base is just rotten. And I hate being a pessimist. Basically what I'm saying is brace yourself lol

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/a-chilly-guide-to-everything-ice.197/
    That was a good guide for ice, however due to the recent game update hitting it is now inaccurate. The user who posted the guide originally is still active here so hopefully he will be updating it soon. I write legends guides and am now swamped trying to revamp all of them in light of the game update so it could be a while before any of that stuff pops up. If you want help figuring out the ropes with ice making a new thread on that might not be a bad idea.
    • Like x 2