I'm actually afraid.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mint Stiletto, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Been playing this game for 4+ years now, it's the only game I play. I had both major consoles when I started here and this game caused me to say FK em! I spent a LOT of money on games that were seldom fun/good and when ya broke it down cost me $15 to $30 a day!
    I've dabbled in other MMO's here and there since playing DCUO and didn't like them.
    I do still love this game despite the ...ummmm yucky that has happened.
    I used to be a PVP fiend, that got ummmm yuckied. But I still liked PVE so I have kept going.
    I still like PVE......but.....but...
    I know there are lot's of threads about declining population and if you are on USPC like me you know why.....

Please all you guys that have gods, tell them that we want this game to bounce back and thrive, if you believe that pray stuff works..pray hard...
    Serious tho guys, I'm a bit scared, I like video games, I love this one, but if it dies I fear that I will never find another I like as much:( I fear that it is on the way out.......:(

I got my wife to play this game and she likes it,she doesn't play video games, this is the first one I got her to play and continue on with in over 20 years ......I don't see that happening again:(
    • Like x 20
  2. nogimmick New Player

there's always something else. no worries, you'll be ok.
    • Like x 3
  3. Southbeatz Well-Known Player

Games come and go and sometimes there is that one game that we will not find another like it regardless of how many years go by. This game is not dying though but it isn't doing anywhere near as good as it should be doing. If the devs go another year with unpopular game updates then this game might be in trouble but currently it's just at a low point. A fair bit of people have stopped playing but many of them would return if the game started going in a better direction but for now it is what it is.
    • Like x 6
  4. Supergirly Dedicated Player

There are still lot of new players everyday. I see them all the time, on my forum, telling me that they wanted to RP and just started DCUO. So have faith, people will come and people will go, as long as the servers are on. :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I hope you guys are right... I've been around here a long time and always laughed off the doom and gloom "game is dying " stuff...but here recently it has been more of a concern, like "uggg it might actually be this time".......
    • Like x 3
  6. Chungweishan New Player

I'm about to hop online to test out low-tier PvE instances, and challenge myself with the worst loadouts in PvP.

So far the Almost All-Acrobatics Loadout (Front Flip, Rolling Launch, Throwing Knives, Zip Tie Attack, some Controller SC) did not fair too well. Just not enough punch and got me last on the Scoreboard list. I didn't play very well either (got countered a lot), so that didn't help. I'm just hoping some guy noticed and thought, "This idiot." Then it would all be worth it.
    • Like x 2
  7. nogimmick New Player

fun to make an all iconic loadout too and go into endgame raids. NGN with heatvision and triple-batarang....now THAT will get you called an idiot but it sure is fun sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ghostof91 New Player

You know what I was scared for a long time with this game, but being a hardcore gamer like myself has taught me face my fears, which is why I am on the forums now trying to help the game I have loved for years, and not because I put money into it since I have gotten my moneys worth back then.

The best thing you can do is trust the developers and fall on every decision they make because it seems that they know what they are doing.:)
  9. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I go in full Kryptonian mode in some duos with friends, or even alerts, cause it is fun. It is not all about the DPS, it is about the fun. I do even the T6 solo, as all iconics, cause I can. I am CR 122, so why not have some fun?
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I feel you mint, I been here going on 5 years come Feb or March I dont recall exactly the day / month.

but it was roughly 2 weeks after F2P happened and Battle for earth was new at the time or being talked about. Spent more then I'd like to admit on this game due to it is the only game I play. So I wanna support it through and through, you know?

but much like you and others I've seen noticeable changes in the community over the past few months. But just stick it out Mint this game has its ways of pulling ppl back in. Even those that seem to get testy on here they always come back after a long break / breather ;)

as others have said hopefully this game thrives for years to come (to see the day of PS5 & 6, possibly 7 too).
  11. Lionxoft Committed Player

God doesn't change the will of man. The reason why things are going downhill* is for no other reason besides just poor decisions. The reason PvP suffered was for no other reason than extremely bad design changes from SOE/DBG. They chose to near completely eliminate an entire game mode from the game because they thought they would be improving it. There's a severe disconnect between what players want and what the developers intend to do otherwise this latest episode wouldn't be 15-20 minutes of tank and spank with nearly zero boss mechanics or puzzles to make the group work together as a team.

*Take a look at the new episode
    • Like x 3
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

This is the only game I have played for the last year, and I'll fall apart if it dies...
    • Like x 1
  13. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Stay away from big companies, find some decent crowd funding project, work with that; Look for one that states "selling the game to another company later will result in breach of contract with the backers and thus the money has to be paid back in full" or something. As long as there are no companies focusing on making an enjoyable game and instead focus on making more money by going more mainstream, you will always reach this point. And nothing will make Daybreak step back - either the game succeeds with the amount of black numbers they have in mind (or are being told by Columbus Nova), or they sunset it.

If you want to get companies back to work on quality products, you need to fight for global harsh taxes on profits above 10% (cumulated before any shareholder bonuses are paid). Only way to get them focus on quality is making focus on quantity and more profit non-profitable in the end. Because humans in general a a) that greedy and b) that stupid.
    • Like x 2
  14. Southbeatz Well-Known Player

I've seen it with different MMOs, some look to make money from providing a quality product reliably while others prefer to clutter a game with cash grabs. Cash grabs are fine to an extent but this is a pattern I've seen before on a MMO. The pattern is that a MMO gets to a certain point where the devs stop caring to fix bugs and make long overdue improvements but instead focus on adding things that will make the game more money.

I could probably name quite a bit of cash grab tactics on DCUO but I'll just name a few. Elite raids count as the regular version of the raid so when someone completes the regular version they have to either wait 1 week or spend money on replay badges to be able to earn marks and loot from the elite version. I would like to think that the devs are truly trying to balance powers but many believe the devs buff and nerf powers in order to get people to pay money to change powers each time there is a power that ends up being OP.

Having to pay for a sub to get out from under the cash cap in game is also a bit of a cash grab being that I cannot think of even 1 other MMO that does that. I have played many MMOs too so I've played enough to have a fair opinion on this. I believe a lot of the issues going on in the game, people talking about it on the forums, I think this is more so that people wants this game to succeed and do well. Often people get bent out of shape and rage, complain, whine, cry or whatever but really I think they still want the game to do well and sometimes go about things the wrong way when it seems that the devs ignore player concerns.
    • Like x 5
  15. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

DCUO is the only game that has ever held my interest for such a long time. I think it's the combat with a gamepad that keeps me logging in for 4 years now.

I too have played other mmo's but never seem to quite stick with them. Other mmo's just don't hit the spot like DCUO. As a matter of fact, I've yet to run across an mmo with fluid combat ( With a gamepad ) like DCUO.

I too have seen and experienced the dwindling population on USPC. At time's it's a complete ghost town in the HOD. I can never que up for certain raids ( the newer one's ) and I constantly bump into the exact same people when queing for Duo's and Alerts. I've leveled three other alts and working on a forth because at cr 117 there isn't enough content to keep my main going since the marks change.

I hate to see such an iconic ground breaking game take an apparent nose dive over greed and terrible management. It is what it is tho. Life doesn't stop with video games.
    • Like x 1
  16. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

Nah, you'll find something else and continue on like the rest of us if the game dies.
    • Like x 2
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

The initial day is still my favorite day in that January of 2011. I love Dcuo but I pray it bounces back strong and becomes the #1 MMO on PS again like it was.
    • Like x 1
  18. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Crossplay
  19. Starbrand Dedicated Player

The game will not recover... why?

The devs made a lot of decisions, some right, more wrong... then the game lost its mojo, its appeal.

The combat mechanic in its precious form is gone, so as the feeling of playing an amazing game.

But the game will continue for years, dont worry.

Crossplay, DC´s appeal per se, will ensure some longetivity.
  20. Southbeatz Well-Known Player

DCUO survives largely because there are not other MMOs based on comics to compete against it. the Marvel MMO uses that over the top camera view which I dislike and probably some other people dislike as well, I believe league of legends is the same way. If DCUO had competition from a Marvel or DC MMO similar enough then they might be in trouble but as it stands they have little competition. There are other amazing MMOs but most of them are the DnD themed MMOs which some of us are a bit tired of. DCUO will also survive because there will always be enough people spending a lot of money on replay badges and such to keep the game making profit.