Ignorant players?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Laff Riot, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Laff Riot New Player

I usually dont bash newer players but this time was just a joke. I was online last night and saw someone shouting for some time to get a controller for Unpaid. I was on my tank. So I was like I havent run that on my troll. So I switch toons and get on Laff. I shouted that I was 103 CR 170 SP troll LF Unpaid. Got picked up. I typed in group chat so the other troll knew I was going to be main troll. I tell him 2616 Vit base stat. Then 2 DPS called me out saying that I was lying and the only way you could get to that was with colas or be T6 gear already. I really wish that all players should have to come here to learn more. I know the devs tried to help with the tool tips in game. But some people are just ignorant I guess. They wouldnt even listen to me either. Oh well I left group and just went onto my nature DPS for the rest of the night. But that is my one rant on new players. Like I said I usually encourage them to help them but these guys wouldnt listen.

Full Vestment, 2 gold rings and expert modded correctly as well. So I dont see how anyone couldnt be 2600+ vit. I just need that stupid utility belt! lol But that is a whole other thread.
    • Like x 10
  2. Arcpope New Player

This happens to me all the time I'm 2649vit with correct mods and get called out all the time. Not so much anymore though . But the first week all the time. Sad really especially for trolls learning curve is steep atleast for myself when I first started . Sure I could of read guides but I'm the type of person to figure out things for myself. And that's the problem there is no help in game from the devs and they're common sense tool tips.

I also find in this mmo especiall, people HATE hearing how to play the game even if it does help them.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brice Allen Loyal Player

hehe...wonder what they would have said when I told them I have 2659 base vit. They might have broke out in a "Liar liar pants on fire" song and dance.
    • Like x 2
  4. Laff Riot New Player

I just wonder what they would have said if a healer said that they were 5300+ resto! lol But it just annoyed me.
  5. Twilight Man New Player

Yesterday a guy shouted that he was going to take on The Judge bounty and some people requested an invite, including myself.
    He then said in Group Chat "I'm in PvP"
    I made my way there and waited with him for the other three people.

One guy says "Where are you guys". Leader repeats the PvP location. Guy responds "I'm 103CR, come to PvE"

The leader apologized and removed him from the group. The other people kept going to PvE or showing up on the map as blue arrows, but never actually made their way to Judge, so we just two manned him and chuckled about that whole experience after.

Not saying anyone was 'ignorant', but it was one of those usual DCUO type situations.

Edit: I was on my Colossus character at the time, so if that was you (someone here) I did Judge with feel free to tell me cuz I meant to add you to my friends-list.
    • Like x 1
  6. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

I would have left too...

IA ARMY
  7. Siege New Player

Kicking uninformed/un-educated players is not game exclusive. It happens in every group oriented multi-player game with people you don't know. I actually didn't really know how to be a controller when i first started playing and all people would do is gripe," i have no power." All it took was one patient person who sat down and walked me through what i needed. Now, though my gear may not be the greatest, I do know what I am doing.

I think if more people had the patience to TEACH people how to play, instead of complaining, our gaming experiences would not be so lousy and we would have a better community.
    • Like x 1
  8. Siege New Player

ignore my previous post, except the last part, that's pretty important ^^|
  9. Vyltran Loyal Player

Yeah, this kind of stuff happens.. i don't really pay attention to this cause i have learned how to deal with that..
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

People who own DLC powers and go to their support roles and don't know how to use them just grinds my gears.
  11. SKAVANGER408 New Player

This whole community/forum is filled with ignorant people these days. But it does suck when your trying to help.
    • Like x 3
  12. DivineSire Dedicated Player

How can you teach someone about the level of gear you have on?? If you shout for a troll and a troll shows up then go and get busy, it's that simple. Let me show you something.........

13. Laff Riot New Player

Exactly.

I was trying to help out of boredom really. I dont need to run those raids really anymore so I felt that I could help people. Oh well their loss.
    • Like x 1
  14. Killuminati New Player

The quality of players drops significantly on the weekends. That may offend some people but the truth hurts. I try to stick to grinding out solo stuff or helping out the league on days when little kids will be home from school and the weekend warriors come on to play. The pvp seems to be easier tho, but that just backs up my first statement.
  15. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

I feel you man. I'm 2604 vit modded for all affinities and I just need 1 more OP ring!
    I get called a liar for saying that is my base. If its in a T5 raid I respond, "If you think that then you shouldn't be in an end-game raid" - they get real wound up! :p
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

There is a link in my sig that best describes what you encountered...;) hint, its Dumbstruck