Idea to motivate people to make feat = source mark

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I find that people lose a lot of motivation to do feats, so I thought of something, why not earn source marks once a feat is done?

For example :

feat 1 star = 3 source marks
    feat 2 stars = 5 source marks
    feat 3 stars = 9 source marks

The number is just an example and the latter would have to be defined.
    I think people still like to be able to earn more source marks and this could be an additional way to earn more source marks and maybe motivate players a bit more for league and non-league feats.

Especially with the ton of source-branded items currently available in the game, I think an idea like that is now feasible for this currency.
    • Like x 1
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Dang, I got a lot of source marks coming my way XD

Edit: Did some quick math, about 15,000 ;D
    • Like x 1
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

At first I thought you were suggesting buying feats with source marks lol. I was like oh they finna drag you lol. But I understand now. Idk, I think if people aren’t already motivated to get them what else is gonna compare to the permanent character upgrade that they already are? It’s like if you do this thing we’ll make you way stronger. “No”. Ok how about if we throw in a few of these things you can earn anywhere by doing anything?. I don’t see how that’s a bigger carrot than progression but I like the idea of making feats more enticing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Trykz Dedicated Player

Now Quarks? That may get me motivated again lol. Loyalty points and I’ll run pvp feats again lmao.
  5. Tolly Committed Player

so thank you for having read all the way through before expressing yourself ^^

I've been thinking about branded sources, because of all the things that can be bought with them, and in my opinion, it reaches a much wider audience than Quarks, where the currency is a bit more targeted in terms of purchase.
  6. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Do you mean feats alongside source marks upon completion OR get source marks to repeating an already accomplished feat?

If its the former... meh. The stats are incentive enough. If its the latter... I'm on board with it as long as someone in the group actually gets the feat. It should probably only be a 1 2 3 source to 10 25 50 feat ratio though. People shouldn't need huge pay offs to help people out... it would be a nice little bonus for doing so though.

It would be kind of neat if there was a feat for helping others get feats that you already have. A generosity counter haha.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This sounds like an interesting idea.
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You're kidding youself if you honestly think you won't need source marks.

Maxing legendary allies takes an insane amount. As does all of the catalysts to fully level an artifact. Then there's all kinds of feats as well that they keep pumping out.

You will never actually have enough. The system is designed that way.
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Then maybe you should learn how to spend them.

Not sure why you're talking about PvP in a source mark discussion though.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

All this effort to just not get feats.

making friends, forming groups, joining leagues, communicating in game, it's all hard yo, just let me buy it all :D

At that point you may as well just sell the feats outright lol
    • Like x 1