Idea to INCREASE PVP PARTICIPATION

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Starbrand, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Nowadays, it seems to me that pvp is lacking participation.

We all know the shortage in work force among the devs, so any idea must consider this...

My idea is pretty simple and use old pvp.

Some players just play Legends, cause, usually, skill is more important, considering everyone has fixed amount of health-damage-toughness... (I know some toons have more, one or another stat, but this is intended).

Some players rather Arenas, cause they like their powersets, their roles, their rotations...

So, why not a mix of Legends and Arenas?

- You can play any role you want but, within that role, you would have a fixed amount of health-damage-vit-resto;

- You can play any powerset and you can spec your 15 power points within it;

- You can play with any weapon, BUT NO WEAPON MASTERY (too much damage, it can finish a match too soon), and every weapon´s attack would be unlocked;

- No armory, you just choose your role at the start... or not, it is something to think;

- You can choose your loadout and change it (or not, it is something to think too);

- No Home Turf trinkets, just one legends-like trinket;

- Sodas, as in legends, same cooldown, same amount of health-power for everyone.

Feats, rewards... I like it, but it is a touchy matter in the community.

AND, an advantage to the devs: they can see players testing powers, attacks and rotations in live server, with a lot less of variables to tweak, to nerf...

It is NOT AND INCREDIBLE IDEA, I know, but it can create some cool and funny options to play, in the same spirit of Survival Mode!
    • Like x 1
  2. Eminence Dedicated Player

I like the idea. +1
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

So you play as your own character but have a fixed amount of stats? Sounds good, but does it not ruin the point of modding?
    • Like x 1
  4. Professional New Player

i like this idea too
  5. XxClavainxX New Player

Cool idea! I like the outside the box thinking.

Or in the spirit of survival mode:
    two teams of 4 q into an arena (say oan).
    No respawns, first team to get all players knocked out is eliminated.
    Winning team stays, next group of 4 comes in to take them on.
    Goal is to last as many rounds as possible, against as many teams as possible.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's interesting, I'll give you that. The only thing is that this would end up needing to be a new mode of PvP and would end up dividing the PvP player base further.
  7. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Good ideas! I would add that the incentive to run Legends > Arenas because there is more overall balance, no RPS role bonuses, and more incentive/rewards (get MoL and MoV).

On the whole though, some fresh maps, new Legends characters, new gear, more random drops (styles, items, plans, R&D items, etc.), new modes (Free For All? One person must hold onto an item of some sort that provides buffs to balance vs. the rest of the players, and loses the item once KO'd - person who hold the item longest throughout the match wins; and other new mode ideas....) would generate a burst of participation, even if only for a short while....
  8. TheRealDeathern New Player

I was thinking along these lines the other day myself... I envisioned a scenario where it was more like a battle royal, the match would start off with two contestants from each team facing off, at different intervals, say 5 to 10 seconds, a selected member from one team would be released into the fight one at a time randomly...