Iconic Tree Update Suggestions

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Grim931, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Grim931 Committed Player

To start, I'd like to say I feel like we could get more useful abilities out of this tree and hopefully flesh it out a bit. This could be an alternative to "standard" powers that could offer a wider variety of both innate abilities and powers that could differ by role, movement mode choice, and which side you've chosen.

I feel like the powers should have already gone through an adjustment to make them hero/villain specific, same power damage but with variant style similar to HL. The tree could also have it's own AM which could only be attained by number of points invested, so it couldn't be used on top of current powers' AM; either one or the other. I also think that the powers should work their way into the "Iconic" portion in this way, have sub categories for each power that unlocks in tiers of three or four, requiring the last point to unlock it's independent mechanic.

For example Heat Vision would grant the standard beam with the first point, the second point allows the power to have a burst effect or cone AoE, and finally the last point unlocks a combo version that inflicts extra damage on burning enemies and returns a portion of power spent. Super Strength could have other effects other than increased weaponization, such as increases to movement speed while in combat or chances to nullify damage if you are in Tank role.
    • Like x 2
  2. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Iconic powers are welcomed in my loadout too. They could get the AM of our powers. I know it might be a lot of work but they should be useful too, not only decorations.
    • Like x 1
  3. Grim931 Committed Player

It's one of the most frustrating parts of this game to me, would be the fact that an entire power set is borderline useless. I think this should have been a main focal point from the beginning, it could have added versatility. Instead everyone uses the same loadout because they lack the creativity to provide us with anything other than six useful powers out of an entire power tree...
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

There isn't a good reason why the game has become what it is,,,,

unless you consider someone doesn't want to do any more work than needed to make it look like they are actually earning their pay.

Hello George Costanza, how are Jerry and the rest of Seinfeld cast doing these days??

I apologize if I sound bitter, have a great day.