Iconic Powers 2020 Edition V2

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DarkAvenger, Jan 20, 2020.

1. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

I have modified and improved based on feedback from V1 lets begin. There’s thousands of powers in the dc universe why not add some of them
    Invulnerability
    the ability to withstand any amount of physical damage, pressure, or harmful force of any kind, causing little if any harm or pain to the individual gifted with this power. Grants 10% defense and toughness. Passive Ability

[IMG]
    Accelerated healing
    the ability to recover from bodily injuries or disease at a superhuman rate. Heals 7% health every 15 seconds. Passive Ability

[IMG]
    Precognition
    the ability to perceive information about future places or events before they happen. Grants 15% chance to evade. Passive Ability

[IMG]
    Supernatural Leap
    User can jump incredible distances and land safely, covering frighteningly tall heights and long distances. Usually comes with extremely Strong And Durable legs. In some cases, a jump can fool an observer into believing the person is "Flying", such as with early Superman comics. Travel power
    [IMG]
    Infinite Mass Punch
    The user is able to apply incredible force to their fists, enabling them to throw a superhuman punch. Increases Damage Dealt for 1 Ataack By 100% Upon Activation guarantees a critical Hit Supercharge 50% Precision Based

[IMG]
    Shockwave Clap
    The user can produce powerful shockwaves by clapping their hands. knocks enemies back, while Dazing them with heavy damage, and weakening the enemies resistance to control affects for several seconds. Supercharge 25%
    [IMG]
    Super Flare
    Supermans super flare” power where he expels all of the energy in his cells to create a bright, powerful blast capable of incinerating everything within a quarter mile. Burns enemy increase might by 50% for 1 attack or 3 seconds Deals immense damage recharges your power and supercharge over time Up to 50% while shielding you. Supercharge 100%
    [IMG]
    • Like x 11
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I would like to see the lasers Brainiac uses in the Bottle Ship raid become an iconic power, that is one of the most beautiful attacks in this game alongside the electric healer version of Ionic Drain, which isn't used anymore but it would be nice to have it back as an iconic too.
  3. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

This list is so well made all of these would give a refreshing feel
    • Like x 1
  4. Solarbound Committed Player

Solid ideas overall. That Super Flare sounds like an ability that would be very fitting for my character. I would lose my mind if I had something like that to play with, haha:D
    • Like x 1
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I just want to see them bring back the 2nd Tier of Iconic Powers that used to become available at Level 22 before the Stats Revamp did away with them. There's still no adequate replacement for the X-Ray Vision Iconic Power that was taken away. If I could actually find a screenshot/list of all the old Level 22 Iconic Powers, I could mention other ones that need to make a comeback. :oops:
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

ive been asking this question for almost three years now & still no dev has given us a answer...

Why do they feel that There job is complete as to adding new powers/abilities?
    • Like x 1
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

• X-Ray Vision: Boosts chances of detecting concealed enemies. Permanently gain +5 perception.
    • Nanoweave Armor: Blocks damage from enemy attacks. Permanently gain +50 defense and +100 toughness.
    • Intimidating Gaze: Increases the damage taken by enemies before they can break your control effects. Permanently gain +25 dominance.
    • Miracle Worker: Boosts the health amount restored by critical healing magnitude. Permanently gain +10% critical healing magnitude.
    • Weapons Expert: Better your odds on critical attacks to cause more damage. Permanently gain +3% critical attack chance.
    • Powerful Resistance: Increases damage necessary to knock you out. Permanently gain +100 health.
    • Wisdom of Solomon: Boosts your power pool and power restoration effects. Permanently gain +50 vitalization and +100 power.
    • Empathetic Healing: Betters the odds of creating critical health restoring effects and healing more damage. Permanently gain +3% critical healing chance.
    • Tactical Genius: Boosts infliction of critical attack damage. Permanently gain +10% critical attack damage.
    https://www.ign.com/wikis/dc-universe-online/Iconic_Powers
    • Like x 3
  8. Brit Loyal Player

I want an iconic 8-player supercharge shield, so that Nature will be up to snuff with the other Healer types.
    • Like x 3
  9. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Some of the pictures expired I cannot edit a post so in case you were wondering how those look here
    Super Flare
    [IMG]
    Supernatural Leap
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I've wondered that myself, I've told 1 of my friends I'm giving dcuo til my birthday this year to change my mind on this game or its getting deleted for good.

Which is in April. If all they can focus on is TC artifacts and shetty DLC' what's the point?
    • Like x 1
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I've always wanted Zatanna's AOE Dove Attack from Kahndaq.
  12. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

I see that Mepps is looking in the threads so I’m bringing this back
  13. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Bringing this bad boy back as well devs we need this
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

10%def and toughness is fine. We used to have it before.

Healing 7% health every 15 seconds is far to strong. I know it doesn’t seem that way but it is.

15% to evade an attack is again to strong. Putting this and the healing together will mean everything is an event version and the devs will have to build purely 1 shot mechanics to raids. These 1 shot mechanics are terrible for the game.

I dint understand super leap. Is it an ability one used to jump? Is it a movement mode that replaces your current movement mode? If it’s an ability than this is just theatrical. A just for fun ability. If it’s a movement mode than how to you use in a hallway? It’s not a convenient movement at all.

Is the infinite punch a supercharge that’s precision based? Is it ST? AoE? If it’s ST meant to be used for bosses that no one will use it since it will put you in melee range. If it’s meant for aoe than it’s more for adds and hallways. Not really practical.

Sound wave clap sounds like a fun ability. Wouldn’t be strong since it would be a 25% sc but would be a nice fun one to use.

And the last one. So it’s a 100% sc that recharges your sc back to 50%? And increases your might by 50%? Can you see how broken that is? Sorry no.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You need to explain to him how percentages work.
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

Accelerated Healing would make healers obsolete.
    15% chance to evade is too much.
    Super Leap would fare better as a travel power.

The only viable ideas there are 10% def + toughness and sound wave clap.
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I did in the last post he made for this lol
  18. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

I like the idea of shockwave clap
  19. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Ok how about 5% health every 15 seconds no lower than that and 10% chance to evade no lower than that everything else is fine super flare is meant to hit hard for that one attack it’s Superman after all and super leap is basically hulk and doomsday travel power
  20. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Also check out my super strength thread