Iconic power : Amazonian Deflection

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SuperCristal29, Nov 8, 2021.

1. SuperCristal29 New Player

Would it be possible to change the amazonian deflection animation actuel

[IMG]

to this version?

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Bump for positivity.
    • Like x 1
  3. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

That would be great!

Also, off topic: Do they have any plans to add some new iconic powers? Did that ever happened?
  4. Eve YouTuber

That would be amazing. Or maybe a new iconic Amazonian power with WW's Iconic pose.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Though the pose is definitely iconic, I think they were going with the whole wonder woman deflecting bullets with her bracers.

[IMG]

I don't mind either way.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Guess you don't remember, or you've only played after it went away, but there used to be a whole Second Tier of Iconic Powers that became available at Level 22, but the Devs removed them with one of the big Game Updates to replace them with the current system of Stat Boosts that you can dump Skill Points into. The old 2nd Tier Iconic Powers were mainly Stat Boosts which the new system replaced in a way, with the most important truly Iconic Power in the set being Kryptonian X-Ray Vision (Passive Power that reveals Invisible/Stealthed Enemies.)

While other players have stated that the new Stat Boost System gives you a way to boost your Perception (which was what X-Ray Vision actually did) I've never seen it on any of my characters. But then I use the Hybrid Tree, to boost both Powers AND Weapon Attacks. Maybe you have to go down Powers Only or Weapon Attacks Only to find the Perception Boost? :confused:

Anyway, you can find more info about the old Level 22 Iconic Powers HERE.

For awhile now, I've been saying that the Devs need to bring back this idea to give us the X-Ray Vision and other Iconic Powers that are noticeably lacking, such as an Anime Style Chest Beam attack, and a Missile Swarm Attack that fires from shoulder-mounted launchers, so we could actually see those particular Back Styles serve a purpose! So far, the Devs have shown no signs of adding more Iconics again, though. :(
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Perception is a hidden stat, there is no way to spec into it. Tanks get an innate boost to Perception. The only place you'll find hidden enemies is in very early content, they do not make invisible enemies in current content. Invisible enemies will become visible once aggravated. Stealth is a useless mechanic for NPCs and Perception is a useless stat for players.
    • Like x 1
  8. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

I used to play long time ago, so dont remember this detail (i know points were used for unlocking power abilities too).
    Anyway i like how spending points works now and i dont mind they removed those passive iconic powers, but would def like to see some new active iconic powers.
    • Like x 2
  9. DeeOweEnn New Player

soo... iron man? lol i approve (although we would need a suitable DC character replacement)

Also I wouldn't mind iconic passive abilities as long as it's less about the stats themselves and more about adding "tricks" that increase effectiveness. Kinda like a thorn mechanic for tanks or lifesteal mechanic for dps. Although I feel like gear mods have things like that covered.
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

I sincerely don’t remember any new character animations being added in my time (nearly 7 years), so I can’t see this ever happening. There have been some with new powersets, but that’s about it as far as I can recall.

AD forces you to block, so there is some logic to it sharing the standard block animation.
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I dont understand why we cannot get new abilities added to the tree. years and years of people asking and a dev saying " that would be nice" or " were throwing the idea around the office" .. its 2021 about to be 2022, its been years of us hearing this and that. im more then upset . but i doubt change will come if others do not express themselves.
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Gear mods... riiiight... those are useless when 1) you never get any you can actually USE (i.e. tied into a different powerset from what your character uses) and 2) the ones you do get don't work with any of you gear (i.e. Mod for a Face Slot only, when NONE of the current Face Armor has Mod Slots! :rolleyes:)
  13. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I often wonder this too. My best guess is that they want to save new abilities for new artifacts. If that’s not the reason, then there’s room for hope.
  14. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I'm sorry I don't see anything wrong with this animation what so ever ;)

OH you're talking about the power
    [IMG]

Yeah it should look like the crossed bracer animation instead of just a fancy block. But since the power actually puts your character in the block stance with the block benefits it seems somewhat fitting.