Iconic battlesuit style vendor (vending unit 00) needs update!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StupidCarrot29, Jan 6, 2017.

1. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

Its been since AF part 1...Why we have to grind marks just for the style? And Why would I pay 70 marks just for Venture of Proselyte legs style while the leg gear costs 60 marks???
    • Like x 2
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

It's a bug that they're in there. Chill.
    • Like x 2
  3. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

That is also likely the reason it has yet to be fixed, people would/should know not to buy them from there. However I would like for all styles vendors to be updated adding pretty every style in the game and allowing you to purchase PVP styles (never cared for PVP) with PVE marks or at least exchange PVE marks for PVP marks to purchase them. That or do double PVP marks once a month or at least every two months.
    • Like x 4
  4. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

Its all about the grind....lol PvP is so broken but I need those feats so... lets grind lol.
  5. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I honestly never felt it was broken, likely because I never went into it expecting a solid fighting game experience. I understand that people want balance and everything but I have a feeling PVP was more of a added bonus to the game rather than something they wanted it to be the next Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc.

But anyhow, I still simply never cared for it, however I enjoy taking part in huge battles in the PVP worlds whenever I get the chance. :D

Anyhow I just think that since they have both rare and vendor PVE styles in vendors, they should do the same with PVP styles. And I am pretty sure you can or at least were able to exchange PVP marks for PVE marks, so there should be way to exchange PVE marks for PVP marks for those of us that don't care for PVP but want those styles/feats.
  6. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

Its ironic how some things are requested for over 5 years and daybreak just ignores... Maybe thats why there are so many complaining posts on here... all they care for is implementing new time capsules.
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Well PvP I don't think was necessarily ever BROKEN but it has had its up and downs that people don't agree with. For example when they removed RPS (tank beats troll, troll beats heal, heal beats tank) and the overpriced gear.

The concept of PvP is fine. Most people just complain about questionable counter times (seems broken, apparently sometimes they're fine and sometimes they're not), and like PvE-- power imbalance. Believe it or not powers are imbalanced in PvP, not to the extent of PvE but there is still some imbalance. Celestial, rage and HL hit far too hard while electricity and nature are significantly weaker but at least PvP depends more on skill juxtaposed to PvE that depends on your power overall. It's possible to see an electricity DPS beat a gadgets user in PvP (I've done it several times) but it's unheard of in PvE since AMs were implemented.
    • Like x 2
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree with this thread. I don't agree that these pieces should cost 70 marks, especially since the actual vendors sell them for less. If we're just going for styles I think the max should be 50 and I disagree with chest pieces being the same worth as waist pieces. If I see a waist piece that I need but it's the same price as a chest piece (overpriced) id be very irritated. That said though the other way around is always nice but I doubt they would make the pieces cheap.
    • Like x 1
  9. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

They just don't care lol and there are so many threads on this.
    • Like x 1
  10. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I honestly can't say much on that as I wouldn't know how much effort it would take to implement this or that, or whatever has been asked for in the past. With planning whatever DLC is next and future DLC, water, stats matter, testing, TC's, BB's, etc, etc. There likely isn't too much wiggle room available to add/change/fix things without slowing down other things they find more important.

I would agree with pretty much all of that. However it's not that I don't believe powers are imbalanced it's more that I never expected a spot on and super smooth fighting experience from the PVP in an MMO.
    I do of course understand that players that love PVP would want it to be as perfect as possible, but it should always be kept in mind that even dedicated fighting games have issues with balancing their characters.
    • Like x 1
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

100% right.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

They need to also fix some of the Style locations.

For example Electrostatic is one of the Styles from the Vendor Gear during the Monthly content, Yet one of the developers placed it in the Rare style vendor which makes no sense.
    • Like x 1
  13. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

It should be in the non updated vending unit 00 which sells styles for 10 marks.... Vesture of proselyte one too.
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As far as PvP/PvE Mark exchanges, it was brought up in the past in threads about PvP styles but if I remember right the devs said they want players to engage in PvP for those styles as much as possible. I haven't seen any indications of them changing that policy, so outside of lucky drops in Lockboxes those who want the PvP styles are probably out of luck.

A bit frustrating for me, as I'm a patient little player and probably wouldn't have had problems with whatever exchange rates they came up with. Heck, I've utilized quite a few of the Mark sweet spots I've found to snag full styles off the Rare Style vendor across my characters already, but then I can be kinda weird like that. LOL
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

*sigh* I guess I'll say it again. Vendor 22 is the rare style vendor, aka rare styles that drop in content. There are 2 styles in Vendor 22 that are not supposed to be in there (such as Vesture of Proselyte) because of a bug. They're supposed to be in Vendor 00 for 10 MoV like the other old vendor gear.
  16. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yeah I can get a bit crazy with it myself, I have 15 characters and I managed to collect a ton of rare styles from the Prom Boxes and I just give them all to my main. :D
    And unfortunately it is pretty unlikely, however what is more likely and probably also easy for them to implement into the game is double mark events. If they did them at random once a month or at least every two months that would greatly help those of us that don't really care to play PVP get in there get those styles at a faster rate and those that do play it finish off the 101 set that cost an arm and a leg per piece.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As far as Vending Unit 00 goes (the 10 Mark per style vendor), if I remember the plan from the devs right that would get updated after two tiers. Right now the highest DLC items on there are the pieces for the vendor suit from Amazon Fury 2, which is tier 6. The Tier 6 styles showed up with the arrival of Tier 8 content, so we probably won't be seeing any new additions until we reach Tier 9, at the very least.

As for Vending Unit 22, the Rare Style vendor, well the name kind of speaks for itself. They aren't meant to be easy to get. You can either run the content where those rare styles drop or you can run other content and earn the Marks needed to get those rare styles. And as was pointed out earlier, the vendor styles that are on there are more than likely a bug or mistake.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've got about the same amount of characters but I go about it a little differently. I choose a style for one particular character and get that set and then use replay badges to get the feat across my active characters. To keep things from getting monotonous I alternate between characters, so once I get a piece from a vendor (whether it's actual gear or just a style piece) I switch over to another character in the rotation and repeat the process until I'm done with a style/set. Fortunately I have a variety of power sets across my characters to help change things up.

For example, right now my Quantum character is working on getting the Traces in Time style. Once he gets his next piece, I'll switch over to my Rage character, who's working on the Imperial Insect set. After the Rage character gets his piece, it's on to my Atomic character who's working on some vendor gear to progress. And so on, and so forth.

I only struggle when I can't decide which character should get a particular style. Still haven't decided which character might get the Runes set off the Rare Style vendor. LOL
  19. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Interesting, honestly it's not really an issue for me who gets what style set first, if anything I care more about if a certain style fits that character than anything else. I usually just get pieces on them as I play content with particular order to how I go about it. Although I do try to get much more done on my main than anything else, with specific style feats, if I know I have little chance of completing it or simply don't want to be bothered with completing it on an alt, I will just unlock the feat for them.

Hopefully style unlocking actually does happen, that would help out tremendously with those of us that enjoy created styles for our characters. It's one of my favorite things to do in the game, I have about 50 armories throughout all my characters because of it. :D
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It works that way for me too. That's why the Runes set on the Rare Style vendor is throwing me off, none of my characters use Sorcery or use any styles with a heavy mystic theme. LOL

It reared its head as well when I got the Vengeful Surgeon chest from a Lockbox. The "H" on the chest was throwing me off and I didn't have any villains at the time, so I ended up giving it to my only character whose name started with "H." :D