Iconic Anomaly: The Hunt

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tukuan Devoted Player

I do like this approach but I totally agree that there will be a backlash of complaints. The key issue is that in the past gear made up for a inability/unwillingness to learn the mechanics, so a good chunk were over-geared before they could for example beat the Home Turf solo instances.

Let me be clear I like these missions as they stand but I would suggest that the devs make every effort to include some traditional T5 challenges say by DLC 8, even if they are just challenge versions of pre-30 content (Manheim anyone?).
    • Like x 4
  2. TLantern Developer

Nice catch! I'll make some adjustments to him :)
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

While fighting Johnny Blowtorch, I tried to change my target from Johnny to the nearby health barrel. Unfortunately, the next target I managed to lock on to was the one of the regular goons behind the locked door in the next hallway. So I ended up trying to lunge the goon while taking damage from Johnny. Fortunately the steel door was in the way to prevent that poor goon from taking any damage. I eventually locked on to the health barrel after a couple more tab button taps.
  4. Bobburt Committed Player

My hit counter persists after using powers or getting knocked down.
  5. Bobburt Committed Player

Also, I didn't have to interact with the last gear to get into the last room for the last fight. I just had to run up to the door and the cutscene started by itself.
  6. PowerStopper New Player

This Instance was actually pretty easy to me mainly because i use Huntress in PvP and i know her loadout bar very well. I dont really have any complaints but maybe have the 2 mini bosses drop something useful like MoT's or something small like that. Other than that i loved the animations and the small story behind the instance. :)
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

LOL
    LOL, how did that steel door feel?
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I noticed today in the dev video that Loche had that reticule bug that auto targets the next thing the moment someone dies in front of you. This happens a lot when you hard lock targets. A many of medic shields going off because of it. lol
  9. Seraphe New Player

I found that this challenging, but fun to learn. I would suggest that during the fight with bane, (if you get him) please regenerate the venom canisters. Some of huntress's attacks are area based and they are gone in the first few moments of the fight.
  10. Amarsir Well-Known Player

The difficulty on this is way out of line with the Bizarro mission, and that felt odd to me. (Although maybe it's just my greater experience with Bizarro in Legends that's making a difference?) Also the instructions are confusing at first, and had me wondering if I was supposed to acrobat across the ceiling to avoid being seen. The instructions say not to alert mobsters, but obviously *some* will know you're there. So some clearer instructions wouldn't hurt.

To that end, I found that one alarm quickly cascaded into several, as the second room has 3 spotters and 3 alarm boxes, and apparently you only need of each to get alarmed 3 times. When the "distractions" came in, my auto-targeting didn't do what I wanted it to, and that caused a reset. This is OK, as it's not difficult to get through without raising any alarms at all. But if your goal was "warning levels", I don't feel it works like that. It's effectively all or nothing.

Most importantly a bug caused Santo not to talk to me so I couldn't complete the mission. Here's the steps that led me to that:
    1) Raise the alarms and cause a reset. (Not sure if this is necessary, but I did.)
    2) Encounter Santo and attack him.
    3) Die. For what it's worth I got a "powered up his weapon" on-screen message after I died, during his post-death activity.
    4) Be sent back to start for full reset. The "Defeat santo" objective was still on the screen at this time, despite having prior objectives to clear
    5) Get to Santo's room, and he's just standing there untargetable and not doing anything.
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Not really any feedback other than thanks, love these new things. WTB being able to choose legends chars for all challenges!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.