Ice Tank Best Loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Divi, Mar 1, 2013.

1. joey2225 New Player

Inescapable storm
    Reflect
    Shatter restraints
    Winter ward
    Bitter winds
    And the sixth slot depends on what I am doing usually I use something to root enemies

As far ar my shields reflect and bitter winds are mine and as I usually run with a fire dps in my team I try to save SS and WW for my teammates so the can either get cast times off or to break them out it helps a lot when fighting the avatar of magic when he does that flying spin
  2. Zim New Player

Stick with the loadout you already have. You really cant go wrong with that loadout, and you stated that you are new to ice tanking so I would stick to the basics until you get more experience. With your current loadout you got everything you need, a juggle, a long range pull, a couple shields, and breakouts. You will do just fine with what you got.
  3. Ionthas Well-Known Player

You can tell your friend that your loadout is much better. There is almost no cool down to inescapable storm so it's a total waste to have another pull. Secondly, WT will override an ice dps' WT so if there's another ice guy in the group, you will likely be hurting the team.
    Lastly, WW is a group shield and cleanse (including CC) for the group and should always be in an ice tank's loadout.
    I've been an ice tank for a long time and I still out dps many dps running your loadout in tank role.
    PS include frost snipe if you pvp so you can strip p o t from controllers.
  4. Batman Fan New Player

Cold Snap
    Ice Bash
    Reflection
    Air Burst(Flight tree)
    Frost Snipe
    Robot Sidekick
    Is a nice loadout?
  5. PaperGirl New Player

Low pressur is useless for Ice Tank , you can pull everything with IS .
    As supercharge , The big Golem is awesome, if you play with a solo healer , this healer get encased in Paradox , and Ravager is on you , or adds .

You use golem while your mates are freeing the healer encase .

Stats with Golem 25 000 HP , 20 000 defense + , what else ?
  6. PaperGirl New Player

Also don't forget , reflect/bitter wind are taunting powers , so any adds that take a hit from this get aggro .
  7. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

I use that:
    1. Reflection
    2. Bitter Winds
    3. Winter Ward
    4. Resonating Gale
    5. Inescapable Storm
    6. Ice Elemental
    In ice elemental form "Frost Snipe" as sixth power, but this is not matter. Also you may replace RG with Freeze Wave because it's IMO way cheaper. I use it only because i do so in DMG role, it's only power in game that doesnt split damage. Also this is mass knockdown & root those are frostbitten.
  8. Omega Plan New Player

My Ice tank loadout is:

1. Inescapable Storm - pull aggro
    2. Ice bash - help out dps. You could put Wintry Tempest here, but I find that bitter winds does just as good a job as wintry tempest at holding aggro
    3. Bitter Winds - prevent damage, hold aggro
    4. Winter Ward - prevent damage, hold aggro, free pick up, usable while controlled
    5. Reflection - prevent damage, usable while controlled
    6. Ice Giant (or whatever it's called)

What I like about this loadout is for the most part, is it's fairly power efficient, and allows the healer to focus most of the healing on the dps. I usually cycle between using bitter winds and winter ward to prevent damage, and using reflection in an emergency, ie: huge mob, picking up team members, etc. The Ice Giant, self explanatory. It's the definition of tank. The best part is, you get healed over time in that form and damage is severally reduced. Again, ice bash isn't necessary, but it does help to take a little bit of the extra load off of the dps.
  9. MeefzyHACKED New Player

Either one works. If you're DOM is high enough then aggro shouldn't be a problem.
    Bitter winds, Reflection, Winter Ward, Shatter Restraints, Inescapable Storm, (Aggro attract move)

The last move is up to you, but the thing that defines ice tanks with tanking is their shields and ability to stay alive easier.
  10. Mr Iceblock New Player

I've been using the first load out you posted and like it. Freeze Wave and Bitter Winds are great for lifting the mob which you've attracted which means they're not hitting anyone.

The only time I've changed recently was to use Hard Light shield in place of FW for my introduction to Dox.
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

As a tank, you should know that DOM has ZERO affect on Aggro.
    • Like x 3
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

This is my tank loadout. Not in that order, but you get the idea. WT and BW are both juggles and WT also adds a CC. LP and IS are the pulls. SR is your group's breakout and a shield. Reflect and BW are also shields. Doesn't work for everyone, but works for me. :)
  13. Dianna WD New Player

I'm tanking the feat in a friend toon. Maybe can be useful :)

14. ScifiToilet New Player

shatter
    inescapable storm
    bitter winds
    winterward / icebash
    reflect
    hard light shield / wintry tempest.

pretty much all ice tanks will run pull, bitterwinds and reflect. most run with shatter since its an amazing "oh crap" skill. WW is pretty standard, i only use ice bash when messing around. I legit use wintry tempest though ONLY if there are no ice dps (since it overrides). WT is legit, more aggo hold, its essentailly a ranged pull since you can cast it on people far away, and most importantly the cc effect on cast at melee range.

that said if youre going for higher tier content like multiple boss out PWs, would recommend HLS.

assuming youre running 1 tank. and you should, 2 tanks is wack.
  15. ScifiToilet New Player

lol watched the first 3 min of that. man that was messy haha. GJ on that feat tho. If i had to guess based on those 3 minutes i would not have thought you wouldve got it. very nice dps.
  16. Dianna WD New Player

I'm completing this feat playing in this tank many times for week... I mean, this was just a funny raid. ^^
    They asked about the best loadout for Ice tank... I'm pretty sure how powerful is this loadout. I didnt see another ice face tanking ravager so good like I'm doing with this loadout.

And agree, they are nice dps ^^...
  17. CypherXone Committed Player

Forgive me of my loadout, knowing ya'll might not like this!
    Arctic Gust, Wintery Tempest, Whirlwind Attack, Winter Ward, Hibernation, and Blizzard. :)
  18. ScifiToilet New Player

lol you need to get out more then. My loadout works, ive seen it done with ice elemental too.
  19. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

1. Wintry Tempest
    2. Inescapable Storm
    3. Bitter Winder
    4. Reflect
    5. Shatter Restraints
    6. Winter Ward.

I use wintry temp to boost the chances of the side effect to pop and to root some others. I never lost aggro to the Lex men when I use this and clip shatter with it.

I'd use the Ice Elemental if I could, but I block the majority of the time during new content and most now on T5 Raids. I can't gain SC fast enough to justify it so I took the extra slot to boost my taunts hold on crowds.
  20. Dianna WD New Player

Nah... I don't need to get out more then xD... I know what I'm saying. I was just doing with a friends toon, I have no exp as tank.

btw... I saw a lot of Ice doing it, i didn't say isnt impossible done it with others loadout. I just said this loadout is the best to get the protections and agro faster as possible and get the lesser dmg in as possible. Obviously, this loadout uses much more power than the others, but the best team setup is with 3 trolls... So, theres no problem too ^^