ICE DPS LOADOUT WANTED

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by B0NE DADDY, May 1, 2013.

1. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Was wondering Anyone could give me some advice on a loadout for my ice dps. Still running old pre based loadout
  2. Captain McSpiffy New Player

Well I can't speak for the storms tree since I've never tried it. I do see a lot of people using it in pvp, but I've never strayed from cryo. I'm also speced as a tank and do most of my damage with weapons but from time to time I get tired of tanking and go dps and this is the loadout that works for me. I have Ice boulder/ice boulder strike, snowball, frost snipe, ice bash, and finally reflection (mainly for defensive purposes). Ice bash is a buff I would keep up as much as possible, it increases your damage and critical strike chance. It also gains you a chill effect which is important. You might also want to pop your reflection right away too just to start stacking your frost effect (once you get five of them it activates ice armor which increases your damage and boosts some of your powers). I start attacking mobs with an ice boulder followed up with a ice boulder strike. When you have enough chill effects this will usually encase some of the mobs and root the others. I then throw a snowball which does double damage if you have ice armor and double damage if they are rooted. Also it becomes an area of effect with your ice armor activated. I then frost snipe any enemy that is encased, frost snipe is also useful if a stray mob is coming your way. From there I usually do arrow storm to regain power and start all over again, making sure to keep up my chill effects. For pvp I replace ice boulder with winter ward because well you need the utility. You may notice that I don't have any supercharge powers in this loadout. That is for good reason, I use shields as a weapon more often than my primary, bows. And have 100% supercharge increases the damage of my shield attacks. I hope this helps, once again I'm speced as a tank with boosted precision so I don't do a lot of damage with my powers. Maybe someday I'll gear up for dps and see what this load out can do. And if you feel the necessity to having a supercharged power I'd go for the big one, the ice elemental. hibernation is crap unless to have skill points in restoration. And freeze ray doesn't do anything you can't do with the other powers. Plus when you pull out the ice elemental in a pvp match there isn't much anybody can do except wait for it to wear off. Cya
  3. Captain McSpiffy New Player

And btw my tank loadout is the same except I replace frost snipe with cold snap, and use winter ward instead of ice boulder.
  4. recespieces31 New Player

you can always check out the Ice guide in Oracle's Database for some advice and tips for a loadout
  5. Joker New Player

i assume for an ice Dps loadout in PvP it would be a minimum of 3 shields to hide behind and Icebash should just about cover it
  6. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Bad idea. DPS don't get as much Dominance and Defense as tanks do, and Healers strip the shields in one go.
  7. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Thanks everyone
  8. Joker New Player

when i'm fighting them as a Dps those hits the shields mitigate are important especially when in a 1v1 where it gives them a defensive advantage considering they can power through my attacks with with the push of a button, opposed to other Dps's i find them harder to deal with in a 1v1 scenario